Treon has made the switch

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope this is true for his sake and ours.

I direct no angry comments at Treon, he did the best he could. If you want to be mad at somebody. please direct it exclusively at Grier and his overbearing father. The two of them sabotaged our season so good riddance to both of them.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good for him swallowing..... don't see that enough these days.

Yup.

200.gif

comeback-lol-gif-so-true-tXC4guhC1xhpC

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Am I wrong in thinking that players running real practices is huge news?

It's right up there with meatloaf at the cafeteria on Wednesday. It's how things are supposed to be. Huge news, IMO, is if they were seen doing awesomeness, or if key players decided to blow it off and smoke dope in the GNC parking lot.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see Treon making an impact anywhere on this team. In fact, I predict he transfers after the O&B game. If I'm wrong and he actually contributes at DB or WR in the next 2 years, then I'll gladly eat crow. Heck, he'll may eventually get popped again for possession or smoking weed (NTTAWWT!!) and get booted for multiple offenses.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I just wish him the best. Good luck to him Wherever he plays.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Now why you gotta go rain on their parade?

Like I said... I'll believe it when I see it, but I really really hope it is true. I guess we will find out in April

The biggest reason I don't think this is truly happening is because we don't have any SEC experienced QBs.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see Treon making an impact anywhere on this team. In fact, I predict he transfers after the O&B game. If I'm wrong and he actually contributes at DB or WR in the next 2 years, then I'll gladly eat crow. Heck, he'll may eventually get popped again for possession or smoking weed (NTTAWWT!!) and get booted for multiple offenses.

Hey, an open scholarship. Maybe we can grab an under the radar guy

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Am I wrong in thinking that players running real practices is huge news?
It's definitely huge news and it will be this way as long as Mac is here. Bama started this "player ran practices" awhile back and now Mac has implemented them here. They are allegedly "volunteer practices" but I think everyone knows the deal on that.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It's right up there with meatloaf at the cafeteria on Wednesday. It's how things are supposed to be. Huge news, IMO, is if they were seen doing awesomeness, or if key players decided to blow it off and smoke dope in the GNC parking lot.
Not sure how good the meatloaf is on Wednesdays. I know players used to stay in shape or even run pass routes with the qb and wrs, but organized practices? Who knew?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's definitely huge news and it will be this way as long as Mac is here. Bama started this "player ran practices" awhile back and now Mac has implemented them here. They are allegedly "volunteer practices" but I think everyone knows the deal on that.

Didn't we have player ran practices during the WM years also? I could have sworn DC use to tell us what he saw during those practices.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
While I believe that your friend saw what was reported... I am not sure that that means he is switching positions.

1. Treon is our only SEC game experienced QB. I find it highly unlikely that the staff would want him to switch until they know what other guys can do in game situations.

2. This is a player run practice. Treon has more experience in this offense than anybody else. He could have been letting Appleby and Del-Rio get snaps to gain experience. Treon could have been running the other positions for fun and/or as a way to coach the players. (showing what a DB might do in situations or how a WR should react to the QB)

3. Treon could have an arm injury preventing him from throwing right now so he participated in other ways.

I truly hope we have enough QB talent to allow Treon to switch positions. I think that is best for UF and for Treon in the long run, but I am not sure your friends account means that. I hope it does, but I'm not buying yet.
Don't believe it, that's cool! I'm just letting everyone know what I know. We'll see who's out there in the spring and who's not though! ;)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here's why I think this is Treon's switch in position. Last year Treon played QB like
a DB called in for "lack of depth" backup emergency QB ... so, it stays the same
QB depth with Treon playing DB,WR, then coming in as QB in dire emergency.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Didn't we have player ran practices during the WM years also? I could have sworn DC use to tell us what he saw during those practices.
Yeah...but half of the players never showed up and they only did it once a Week. Now it's a 4-5 day a week thing where the "Strength Coaches" tell you what to do and the "QC's/hand picked Leaders" on the team make damn sure it get's done!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah...but half of the players never showed up and they only did it once a Week. Now it's a 4-5 day a week thing where the "Strength Coaches" tell you what to do and the "QC's/hand picked Leaders" on the team make damn sure it get's done!

Oh ok. Appreciate the correction.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We didn't want him anyway.

What, too soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.