I hope Treon finds a position home and flourishes. That being said:

fresh-prince-running-man-o.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yay! Hope he's electric in his new position, whatever it ends up being. Maybe he'll end up better than that short UM WR commit everybody's been slobbering over. I'm pretty sure Treon is a legit 5'9 1/4".

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yay! Hope he's electric in his new position, whatever it ends up being. Maybe he'll end up better than that short UM WR commit everybody's been slobbering over. I'm pretty sure Treon is a legit 5'9 1/4".
Watching some of Treon's runs, when he was smart enough to, he looked like he had at least decent vision.
I wonder if he's able to catch on a regular basis, but if he can, he could be a decent slot receiver. Nothing special by any means, but possibly another target to work the defense with. But the question remains, can he catch routinely?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watching some of Treon's runs, when he was smart enough to, he looked like he had at least decent vision.
I wonder if he's able to catch on a regular basis, but if he can, he could be a decent slot receiver. Nothing special by any means, but possibly another target to work the defense with. But the question remains, can he catch routinely?
he doesn't look overly fast to me though...decent speed but not what i would hope for at WR...he was rated much higher as a CB recruit than QB and that's what he was going to fsu for and with our current depth there i think i'd rather have him at CB.

Unless of course im completely wrong having never seen him play either position and he tears it up at WR.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
he was rated much higher as a CB recruit than QB
Wasn't aware of that. Fair enough.
I don't think he's a game changer, I just thought that he had decent vision when he did run.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't aware of that. Fair enough.
I don't think he's a game changer, I just thought that he had decent vision when he did run.
and he knows the offense (even if he couldn't execute at QB) so maybe a switch to WR could be easy. Who knows...

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Late yesterday afternoon I received a text from a friend (who attends UF) saying he was getting to check out the player ran practice.He saw Treon running with the skill players on offense and the DB group on D. Treon was never in the QB group during the 2 hrs of practice. Also said Del-Rio and Appleby looked Sharp as hell while the FR QB's we're off target for most of day.

Your friend just repeated everything I have been saying for weeks:

Treon to DB
Appleby will win the QB job

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is also possibly a sign that the staff believes we have enough depth that he can be moved to another position. Which is the bigger take away from this... the restocking of talent at one of the games most important positions.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
While I believe that your friend saw what was reported... I am not sure that that means he is switching positions.

1. Treon is our only SEC game experienced QB. I find it highly unlikely that the staff would want him to switch until they know what other guys can do in game situations.

2. This is a player run practice. Treon has more experience in this offense than anybody else. He could have been letting Appleby and Del-Rio get snaps to gain experience. Treon could have been running the other positions for fun and/or as a way to coach the players. (showing what a DB might do in situations or how a WR should react to the QB)

3. Treon could have an arm injury preventing him from throwing right now so he participated in other ways.

I truly hope we have enough QB talent to allow Treon to switch positions. I think that is best for UF and for Treon in the long run, but I am not sure your friends account means that. I hope it does, but I'm not buying yet.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While I believe that your friend saw what was reported... I am not sure that that means he is switching positions.

1. Treon is our only SEC game experienced QB. I find it highly unlikely that the staff would want him to switch until they know what other guys can do in game situations.

2. This is a player run practice. Treon has more experience in this offense than anybody else. He could have been letting Appleby and Del-Rio get snaps to gain experience. Treon could have been running the other positions for fun and/or as a way to coach the players. (showing what a DB might do in situations or how a WR should react to the QB)

3. Treon could have an arm injury preventing him from throwing right now so he participated in other ways.

I truly hope we have enough QB talent to allow Treon to switch positions. I think that is best for UF and for Treon in the long run, but I am not sure your friends account means that. I hope it does, but I'm not buying yet.
Treon is way to bad to skip any reps...he's switching positions

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
he doesn't look overly fast to me though...decent speed but not what i would hope for at WR...he was rated much higher as a CB recruit than QB and that's what he was going to fsu for and with our current depth there i think i'd rather have him at CB.

Unless of course im completely wrong having never seen him play either position and he tears it up at WR.
Yep, he was committed to FSU as a DB. Much easier to flip him as QB than people thought.

Not sure about his speed and quickness, but he is shifty as hell. Very elusive with the ball.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Well, he had more touchdown catches in the last 8 games than Robinson, and half as many as he did for the season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Freon does not have the luxury to play around or waste time missing offensive snaps. If he wasn't taking snaps, then I'm more inclined to believe he going to play another position. Here's also food for thought......if he was such a great leader why is he not taking charge of the offense at Player led practices???? He's done at QB for UF.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This is also possibly a sign that the staff believes we have enough depth that he can be moved to another position. Which is the bigger take away from this... the restocking of talent at one of the games most important positions.
May also explain why the staff got off Bruce.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Now why you gotta go rain on their parade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.