Treon has made the switch

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah...but half of the players never showed up and they only did it once a Week. Now it's a 4-5 day a week thing where the "Strength Coaches" tell you what to do and the "QC's/hand picked Leaders" on the team make damn sure it get's done!
Well we had the "mat drills" during the Urban years here around this time that were supposed to be absolute torture...everyone had to go but i don't believe they did any actual "practices"

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't believe it, that's cool! I'm just letting everyone know what I know. We'll see who's out there in the spring and who's not though! ;)

Like I said... I believe what your friend said... just not sure I believe the interpretation.. I don't see Treon switching positions without any truly experienced QBs behind him.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Watching some of Treon's runs, when he was smart enough to, he looked like he had at least decent vision.
I wonder if he's able to catch on a regular basis, but if he can, he could be a decent slot receiver. Nothing special by any means, but possibly another target to work the defense with. But the question remains, can he catch routinely?
Based on what? Reed was a terrible QB. He's now a top 3 TE in the NFL. If he can catch and run routes he could be a special slot receiver, or maybe he will suck, but I'm not sure how you've already determined he won't be good.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ok so Harris has SEC experience. It meant nothing. His experience added up to near nothing. Anyone can tuck and run out of bounds. Its time for new blood at QB and live or die with the choice. We already know the end result of the other side of the coin.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what? Reed was a terrible QB. He's now a top 3 TE in the NFL. If he can catch and run routes he could be a special slot receiver, or maybe he will suck, but I'm not sure how you've already determined he won't be good.

Was originally Reed brought in to be a tight end and then moved back to qb when things got bad in 2010... could be wrong, but through that was going to be his original position for us.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Uhh, I didn't say he wouldn't be good. Someone like Harvin is special, maybe even Callaway, we'll see how he continues.
What I mean by nothing special is he doesn't have stand out size, or stand out speed, or even stand out moves. I'm not saying he couldn't be good at wr, I'm saying he won't be a game changer or necessarily a difference maker, but more of a piece of the total puzzle possibly.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This is also possibly a sign that the staff believes we have enough depth that he can be moved to another position. Which is the bigger take away from this... the restocking of talent at one of the games most important positions.
I'm pretty sure we all knew there was no chance he was going to be a QB here next year. It was always assumed he had to either transfer or change position. Since we hadn't heard anything about him transferring...
Like I said... I'll believe it when I see it, but I really really hope it is true. I guess we will find out in April

The biggest reason I don't think this is truly happening is because we don't have any SEC experienced QBs.
Treon has capitulated. He has dreams of playing at the next level, and knows he has zero chance as a QB so he is switching out of necessity. I'd be willing to bet the coaches give him a fair look. I also think people are underestimating his athleticism, speed and toughness. Even if he was projected as a DB out of HS I could see him more as a damn good slot receiver if he can catch.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Our thoughts and what positional depth dictates are usually two different things. At the beginning of the 2015 the thoughts were that Grady would only be taking practice snaps at WR. Only real depth, not a bunch of practice arms are going to allow Treon to move to another position. It appears we are getting to that point (hopefully).

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said... I believe what your friend said... just not sure I believe the interpretation.. I don't see Treon switching positions without any truly experienced QBs behind him.
His experience mean jack sh!!t and him not throwing passes at player run practices is exactly the interpretation you should have...unless every other arm falls off during the spring/fall he is not playing QB...at best he is 2016's Josh Grady

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
he doesn't look overly fast to me though...decent speed but not what i would hope for at WR...he was rated much higher as a CB recruit than QB and that's what he was going to fsu for and with our current depth there i think i'd rather have him at CB.

Unless of course im completely wrong having never seen him play either position and he tears it up at WR.

If I had to compare, Harris would probably be closest to Brandon Powell. Powell had a great game against Tennessee and that great catch-and-run v Ole Miss, a little spotty outside of that. Harris is similar in size and I think they're probably about even in speed as well.

Ingle Martin

Nov 8, 2014
I assumed this thread was a confirmation that after careful consideration and much deliberation Treon had switched from Pepsi back to Coke.

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement of epic proportions.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If I had to compare, Harris would probably be closest to Brandon Powell. Powell had a great game against Tennessee and that great catch-and-run v Ole Miss, a little spotty outside of that. Harris is similar in size and I think they're probably about even in speed as well.
According to these links, in the 40-yard Powell runs a 4.44 and Treon runs a 4.58. I know these are times from their HS days, but I gotta believe Powell is faster than Treon.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Uhh, I didn't say he wouldn't be good. Someone like Harvin is special, maybe even Callaway, we'll see how he continues.
What I mean by nothing special is he doesn't have stand out size, or stand out speed, or even stand out moves. I'm not saying he couldn't be good at wr, I'm saying he won't be a game changer or necessarily a difference maker, but more of a piece of the total puzzle possibly.

He could do the end around with him throwing the pass ... no wait he did that as last year's QB.
B.Powell is way faster, he arrived at WR/slot a whole year before Treon got there.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Probably like any bit of sandlot ball, the guy who brings the ball gets to be QB, and maybe Treon just forgot to bring his football that day.

It's pointless and dangerous to try to read much meaning into a single tea leaf.

However, I can tell you ... in confidence, naturally ... that one of our coaches was talking to a BIG-TIME FSU commit on his high school campus earlier this week, and the kid felt a sneeze coming on ... and deliberately turned in the direction of Tallahassee before sneezing !!! More, I cannot say.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
According to these links, in the 40-yard Powell runs a 4.44 and Treon runs a 4.58. I know these are times from their HS days, but I gotta believe Powell is faster than Treon.
ESPN had his 40 time 4.48. I think they are very similar in speed but Harris is a little bigger.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Probably like any bit of sandlot ball, the guy who brings the ball gets to be QB, and maybe Treon just forgot to bring his football that day.

It's pointless and dangerous to try to read much meaning into a single tea leaf.

However, I can tell you ... in confidence, naturally ... that one of our coaches was talking to a BIG-TIME FSU commit on his high school campus earlier this week, and the kid felt a sneeze coming on ... and deliberately turned in the direction of Tallahassee before sneezing !!! More, I cannot say.

More..... please ???

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I assumed this thread was a confirmation that after careful consideration and much deliberation Treon had switched from Pepsi back to Coke.

Do you have any more eligibility?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm for the Brandon and Treon tandem @ slot theory...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I've missed you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator