Treon's days may be numbered - now cited with driving w/o license

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n133941 said:
If he was so much better than. Treon he would have played is my fear. Did Will muschamp really give a **** about griers dad wanting him to redshirt? Why redshirt a kid if he can save your job? I'm not saying Will grier isn't going to be a great qb, I'm just going to temper my expectations.

Or the coaching staff realized they had an awful team so why waste a redshirt?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n133988 said:

I don't even think that's your post. I'm ashamed... Quote, edit, it's all the same to me.

:facepalm:

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Floridagator;n133920 said:
Does anyone really believe Harris beat Grier out as back up? Really? Grier was RS this last year that was part of his deal coming here. If treon went down you would've seen Morningman again

No, You would have seen Driskel, just like you did when Harris was suspended. There was no redshirt deal associated with convincing Grier to come to UF. By August 2014, Driskel was named the starter and Harris was the backup, beating out Grier. It was an open competition, if WM is to be believed. Upon Harris being awarded the backup position, Grier was then redshirted. If the results had been reversed, Harris would have been RS.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/gators-depth-chart-treon-harris-backup-qb/

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n133990 said:
I don't even think that's your post. I'm ashamed... Quote, edit, it's all the same to me.

:facepalm:

No worries! It actually made me go back a re-read my post and I can't believe I gave our previous coaching staff credit that they had an actual thought process with who they put in the lineup. They were most likely too stupid to even properly evaluate Grier. Glad they spared him to be honest

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n133988 said:

Why lose their jobs over it

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n133918 said:
Never seen someone so obsessed with an emote. Do we need an intervention?
Why wouldn't I be obsessed? It's my emote now!

:law:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Grier is our next great hope at QB. Here's a video for a reminder, he's underrated as a runner and has all you look for in arm talent as well. The only drawback is the level of competition, it truly comes too easy for him at times in his video. But the talent is apparent in these ridiculous highlights:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n134016 said:
Why lose their jobs over it

Grier wasn't ready. He would've made zero difference on whether WM would've kept his job. In fact, it probably would've been worse for WM, not because Grier isn't talented, he just isn't ready to be a starter.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
The Original DC;n134031 said:
Grier is our next great hope at QB. Here's a video for a reminder, he's underrated as a runner and has all you look for in arm talent as well. The only drawback is the level of competition, it truly comes too easy for him at times in his video. But the talent is apparent in these ridiculous highlights:

Dude, with all due respect as a noob on here, but I could have kicked more than half those guys asses in High School..... but then again, I DID go to school in SFLA, so the competition there made me look alot less bad a** (See what I did there, Miata driving guy who hasn't been provoked by a comment from me yet?....).... and DC too.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n134031 said:

Not to take anything away from Will because his talent is obvious, but it looked like he was playing against the Fightin' Lilliputians.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n134040 said:
Not to take anything away from Will because his talent is obvious, but it looked like he was playing against the Fightin' Lilliputians.

Agree, I noticed that too, which is why I said "the only drawback is the level of competition, it truly comes too easy for him at times."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing is Grier will be practicing against our defensive backfield?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For those unconvinced of Will Grier's talent, here's how he did against the best in the country:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.