Treon's days may be numbered - now cited with driving w/o license

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is the proper pronunciation lilli-POOT-eons or lilli-Pooshians?

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Driskel didn't have the mental ability to be successful in college. Treon seems to have better football smarts and with proper coaching I think he can be a star. Until we see Grier in a game against SEC talent it's impossible to say what he will do.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like Harris. He may not be tall but Leak wasn't much bigger and he ended up alright. I don't think he'll give up his spot without a fight and it'll make him and Grier better for it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n134100 said:
Sad that it took you this long to finally have an emote for yourself.

...But funny that the emote named for him has a wide open mouth being filled with a cylinder shaped object.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see anyone beating Harris out next season. He got the backup job after not playing in the Spring and had top competition in high school unlike Grier. If Grier was clearly better they would have told him not to redshirt.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n134160 said:
I don't see anyone beating Harris out next season. He got the backup job after not playing in the Spring and had top competition in high school unlike Grier. If Grier was clearly better they would have told him not to redshirt.

Grier had back spasms for one thing and also, WM wanted a more mobile QB to run his offense. Now that Mac is here, Grier has a great chance of beating Harris out for the starting position.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The coaches didn't think Grier or Harris was going to get much playing time so it had nothing to do with how good they thought he was.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n134162 said:
The coaches didn't think Grier or Harris was going to get much playing time so it had nothing to do with how good they thought he was.

Not imo - If one was clearly better they would have wanted him in there when needed. I think people are a little Grier infatuated because he hasn't been thrown in there yet. I will be surprised if he beats Harris out for the starting job next season.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n134079 said:
...Some want to compare him to Russell Wilson, but I just don't see it. Similar skill sets but very far apart on ability.

Well yeah, if you're comparing a 3rd year NFL player to a 18 year old college freshman. But compare him to an 18 year old Russell Wilson and then we'd know. Personally, I never paid much attention to NC State,so I don't know if he played as a true freshman nor do I know how "skillful" he looked at that age.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not ready to throw TH under the bus quite yet. The kid is a winner and until joining the WM sinking ship he hadn't lost a game he'd started in years. Not sure the stat but seems like I read he had not lost a game since his freshman year or something similar to that. And that was against the best HS talent in the country. He's shown he's not afraid to compete, as seen by his commitment to us despite already having had WG committed for nearly a year. FSU fans we're really upset about losing him.

Having said all of that, I believe WG eventually wins the starting job. Call it a hunch. But I still think TH has more ability that many are giving him credit for. Ironically, many who are so critical of him now were swinging from his nuts just a couple of months ago.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n134172 said:
Not imo - If one was clearly better they would have wanted him in there when needed. I think people are a little Grier infatuated because he hasn't been thrown in there yet. I will be surprised if he beats Harris out for the starting job next season.

Well if we are to believe Roper at the beginning of the season Harris wasn't clearly better than Grier, but he had the ability to run. So ability to the ability to run was the deciding factor, and Harris got the nod. We do not know how either fits into McElwain's offense so it is too early to say who would be the clear favorite.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Rapeis Winston is clearly better than EJ Manuel, yet he redshirted and made to sit on the bench while EJ was getting knocked the Phuc out by Antonio Morrison.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
I also thought Harris got the nod since he was more SEC ready playing in Florida as compared to NC, and Grier had issues. How tall is Grier?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Grier was also underweight. That had plenty to do with his redshirt.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n134179 said:
Well if we are to believe Roper at the beginning of the season Harris wasn't clearly better than Grier, but he had the ability to run. So ability to the ability to run was the deciding factor, and Harris got the nod.

I already made this point. Go find your own point to make. :lol:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you hitch your star to this Munchkin what can't throw the ball...good luck to you. I'm sitting here smiling thinking of how successful Freon Florida will be the next three years. :)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Again you're assuming Muschamp would do anything smart offensively and no I don't think Roper had any say whatsoever. They were neck and neck from what the coaches said and eye witnesses observed in open practices.The only part I don't get was they said Harris was better at the short dink and dunk stuff as well as running and Grier was ahead on the intermediate stuff. Harris in fact seamed to struggle as much as Driskel with short stuff and screens while throwing a nice deep ball. I think Muschamp thought Harris with a smaller play book would be good enough if Driskel went down or struggled moving the team kind of like Tyler Murphey did the year before and before he got hurt.
Remember you're talking about the same coaches that thought Westbrook and Burton would be as effective as an all conference transfer TE, McGee and that Matt Jones deserved more carries than Taylor or Lane.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n134203 said:
If you hitch your star to this Munchkin what can't throw the ball...good luck to you. I'm sitting here smiling thinking of how successful Freon Florida will be the next three years. :)

Well ONE thing you can rest assured of is that he will be successful against Tennessee. Now kindly FO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.