Treon's days may be numbered - now cited with driving w/o license

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
ntcrze;n133867 said:
I'm sure McElwain is not thrilled with Jackson running his mouth. Maybe it'll teach him to be more careful with what he says to recruits. The fact is that Jeff Driskel is history, even if he wanted to stay McElwain could never put him on the field, the pitchforks would instantly come out. I think it's pretty safe to say that Mornhinweg is not going to be the quarterback. That leaves Harris, who beat out Grier, as the only quarterback who has actually played a game. There's no assurance that McElwain will be able to get any quarterback to say yes this late in the game, so he had best not piss of the only quarterback he has that has played, besides Mornhinweg. Maybe he can get someone to flip, like Harris did last year, but there aren't many true freshmen ready to play quarterback. I'd be more careful talking to recruits, that comment does not endear him to Harris. Maybe Jackson is not someone UF would want anyway, it wasn't very smart of him to repeat what the coach said.

Why does it matter? It's the truth. Harris is 5'10" and has many weaknesses and may not have the tools to run the type of offense Mac wants to run. If Harris gets pissed of, see ya! There is a new sheriff in town and he's gonna do it his way.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
ntcrze;n133867 said:
I'm sure McElwain is not thrilled with Jackson running his mouth. Maybe it'll teach him to be more careful with what he says to recruits. The fact is that Jeff Driskel is history, even if he wanted to stay McElwain could never put him on the field, the pitchforks would instantly come out. I think it's pretty safe to say that Mornhinweg is not going to be the quarterback. That leaves Harris, who beat out Grier, as the only quarterback who has actually played a game. There's no assurance that McElwain will be able to get any quarterback to say yes this late in the game, so he had best not piss of the only quarterback he has that has played, besides Mornhinweg. Maybe he can get someone to flip, like Harris did last year, but there aren't many true freshmen ready to play quarterback. I'd be more careful talking to recruits, that comment does not endear him to Harris. Maybe Jackson is not someone UF would want anyway, it wasn't very smart of him to repeat what the coach said.

Really??? Yeah, this is Mac's first year recruiting, I'm sure he has alot to learn....

:shocked:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n133868 said:
LOL... I scroll down through the back and forth amongst posters and come to this gem, right here. No words, just a hamburger with a d*ck in its mouth. I damn near shot beer out my nose!
That's not a dick, its Big Mac power. Ox said so. Of course Ox drives a Miata.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n133914 said:
That's not a dick, its Big Mac power. Ox said so. Of course Ox drives a Miata.
Never seen someone so obsessed with an emote. Do we need an intervention?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone really believe Harris beat Grier out as back up? Really? Grier was RS this last year that was part of his deal coming here. If treon went down you would've seen Morningman again

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n133885 said:
Originally posted by MJMGator View Post
I think we'll be fine at QB. Harris did fine considering the circumstances and Grier will have a year under his belt...albeit with no game experience. Can't possibly be worse than the last 5 years, so I'm still optimistic.

Completely agree. Step away from the ledge folks.

Actually, there are a few in here I wish would just go ahead and jump.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Floridagator;n133920 said:
Does anyone really believe Harris beat Grier out as back up? Really? Grier was RS this last year that was part of his deal coming here. If treon went down you would've seen Morningman again

I agree. Grier leads us to a NC.....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n133918 said:

Just need to rename it :law:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n133867 said:

Dumbass

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If he was so much better than. Treon he would have played is my fear. Did Will muschamp really give a **** about griers dad wanting him to redshirt? Why redshirt a kid if he can save your job? I'm not saying Will grier isn't going to be a great qb, I'm just going to temper my expectations.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping the biggest problem with grier was he missed so much time early due to back spasms and him not being physically ready.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
oxrageous;n133918 said:

In all honesty, I too have always envisioned you as that 6'5" bald guy in a red Miata.....

:law:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Remember Harris was "flipped" from the criminals. Could it be possible he was promised playing time right away? Talk has always been Grier wanted to redshirt anyhow...

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n133955 said:
In all honesty, I too have always envisioned you as that 6'5" bald guy in a red Miata.....

Secret photos of Ox's Miata have surfaced and it's worse than anyone feared. Could Ox be a closet Vols fan?

fdf127d4bcabb967e25828875c944933.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n133960 said:
You realize it was renamed already right?

I did after I posted it. :lol:

Excellent work Ox.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n133961 said:
Remember Harris was "flipped" from the criminals. Could it be possible he was promised playing time right away? Talk has always been Grier wanted to redshirt anyhow...

I'm sure that was the original plan but i doubt he wanted to give another freshman a leg up.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I desire and expect that the best player will play. Now of course coach tells potential recruits that they have what it takes. I also expect that if we can we will throw the ball much more from the QB position and run much less. Short QB can have difficulties with tall linemen but that can be adapted to. What is essential is accuracy, and ability to read and adapt to what the defense does.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;VavFXix6J2s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VavFXix6J2s[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.