Tuesday Favorites… Best Florida City/Town

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alex strikes me as the kinda guy that would fuchs someone in the @ss without even having the common courtesy to give them a reach-around.

:grin:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
St Augustine and Homosassa

Add St Armands Key

As a native of there, I'm partial to St. Augustine. But, I must admit that today's version is a far cry from yester-years version. As most things are, I suppose. Now, the traffic is horrendous and almost every square inch is owned and things are so commercialized. The cops take you to jail instead of home. The "artists", or bums are all over downtown. The biggest complaint is I can no longer ride a 20" bike. :weep:
upload_2022-1-27_9-48-22.png

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
As a native of there, I'm partial to St. Augustine. But, I must admit that today's version is a far cry from yester-years version. As most things are, I suppose. Now, the traffic is horrendous and almost every square inch is owned and things are so commercialized. The cops take you to jail instead of home. The "artists", or bums are all over downtown. The biggest complaint is I can no longer ride a 20" bike. :weep:

Sadly I have noticed that it is not what it was when I went to Flagler College in 73-74 but my wife and I still like to go for a weekend visit now and then. We try to get a room close to town in order to walk around and minimize driving. The traffic is horrible.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm trying to wrap my mind around someone having bristol, or any part of liberty county on their list, for that matter. Nope, can't do it.

:stress:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I had a ton of friends and family in SA, and spent a ton of time there as a kid. Last summer my son wanted a board and the only place I thought to take him was Surf Station, where I bought my first board and suit. It’s still a great place though I agree that the beach side especially is wildly different and way too commercialized. The only thing I’ll disagree with is the cop thing. I was at a house party when I was 16(1996) holding a beer, and the cops that raided the place had no problems taking me straight to jail.:lol:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I had a ton of friends and family in SA, and spent a ton of time there as a kid. Last summer my son wanted a board and the only place I thought to take him was Surf Station, where I bought my first board and suit. It’s still a great place though I agree that the beach side especially is wildly different and way too commercialized. The only thing I’ll disagree with is the cop thing. I was at a house party when I was 16(1996) holding a beer, and the cops that raided the place had no problems taking me straight to jail.:lol:

I was surprised to see them do that. I should have introduced myself and showed you the secret handshake.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was surprised to see them do that. I should have introduced myself and showed you the secret handshake.

It was a known drug guy on A street, so underage possession, which I worked down to nothing, was getting off light. Did put a damper on the date I was on. Went from being a boss, only kid there and headed for greatness with a new girl, to sitting handcuffed against a fence right next to where the guy’s dog had gone to the bathroom. Then shoved into a backseat with two lunatics who kept trying to open the door and wanted to roll out, going 45 down Anastasia Blvd. All in all, I’ve had better evenings.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It was a known drug guy on A street, so underage possession, which I worked down to nothing, was getting off light. Did put a damper on the date I was on. Went from being a boss, only kid there and headed for greatness with a new girl, to sitting handcuffed against a fence right next to where the guy’s dog had gone to the bathroom. Then shoved into a backseat with two lunatics who kept trying to open the door and wanted to roll out, going 45 down Anastasia Blvd. All in all, I’ve had better evenings.
But at least it was memorable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.