jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Tombstone, but only for Dana Delany

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
True Grit has been a favorite ever since seeing it in the theater when it came out in ‘69. But as I’ve gotten older, I enjoy watching The Shootist. Seems like I can identify with JB Books and where he is in life. The Cowboys, Big Jake, El Dorado…what else can I say? My av says it all.
Same regarding The Shootist.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
True Grit has been a favorite ever since seeing it in the theater when it came out in ‘69. But as I’ve gotten older, I enjoy watching The Shootist. Seems like I can identify with JB Books and where he is in life. The Cowboys, Big Jake, El Dorado…what else can I say? My av says it all.
Wait, that’s not you?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man with no Name Trilogy (For a few dollars more is vastly underrated)
Tombstone
Outlaw Josey Wales
Unforgiven (Outlaw Josey Wales, just takes long to get mad)

A few others that are just fun to watch, High Plains Drifter, Silverado (even though the story is so bad), Both True Grits, Lonesome Dove (I saw on VHS, didn't realize it was a mini-series until college), Open Range, The Searchers

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
And Hondo... if for no other reason that it is the inspiration for the book I'm going to write titled, "How to Raise Boys and Train Your Dog Hondostyle, by Hondo Lane"

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Anyone see The Ballad of Buster Scruggs? It's an anthology of six separate vignettes with themes ranging from darkly comical to darkly tragic, with all the usual Coen Brothers' chaos and unpredictability. Certainly the most interesting movie I've watched lately.

first time GIF

Tim Blake Nelson was great in that one... which is why 'Old Henry' made my list of all time favorite westerns.
The story had a twist to it I didn't see coming, not to mention fantastic acting.

Jimmy Stewart did some great westerns as well.
One in particular was The Naked Spur, which was set out in Colorado and shot in the most beautiful places. And...Janet Leigh was not hard to look at either.

Unforgiven was incredible...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
first time GIF

Tim Blake Nelson was great in that one... which is why 'Old Henry' made my list of all time favorite westerns.
The story had a twist to it I didn't see coming, not to mention fantastic acting.

Jimmy Stewart did some great westerns as well.
One in particular was The Naked Spur, which was set out in Colorado and shot in the most beautiful places. And...Janet Leigh was not hard to look at either.

Unforgiven was incredible...
Unforgiven is the best movie version of The Iliad ever made.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

To me, miniseries or not, Lonesome Dove is the best. The cast is tough to beat and the storyline is incredible.

I like the Eastwood movies, but I don’t know a particular one I’d say stands above the others. How The West Was Won and Man From Snowy River are both great. I’ve only seen Wayne movies in passing so can’t be a judge of them, though I’m sure they classics for a reason.

Also, I know there’s some dissent on this, especially from Douglas, but Tombstone is complete garbage. Kilmer carries the whole thing with a great character, but KR, Paxton and even Elliott are just cringeworthy throughout. It’s an abortion of a movie that should’ve never been filmed.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Also, I know there’s some dissent on this, especially from Douglas, but Tombstone is complete garbage. Kilmer carries the whole thing with a great character, but KR, Paxton and even Elliott are just cringeworthy throughout. It’s an abortion of a movie that should’ve never been filmed.

You're just mad because Billy Zane's thespian character died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator