Two Year Anniversary of the firing of our beloved Butters

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
These young fckrrs dont know what the word loyalty meant back in the day. It was our team, our coach and our school until he wasn't our
coach. Quitters are all over now. Quit our team and coach as soon as we lose a game. We may have cussed and bcchd about it
but at the end of the day we all stuck together. When about all you know is SOS and then Urb soon after you become an expert. Hard to argue with "experts" but it is often fun. But we all know you and I just embrace and take joy in mediocrity and 8 an 9 win seasons forever.
btw I am exalted that he is long gone. Wished he had never been here and think we finally may have hit another HR with the new guy.
Get off my lawn.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think of it as the beginning of the Randy Shannon era.
Youre dead to me.

Butters was a sneaky one though. He managed to hire an entire staff of grossly incompetent coaches, which makes it difficult to fire a guy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think of it as the beginning of the Randy Shannon era.

Remember when he said it would hurt us more than we would ever know? It did. He came on board and contributed to the most dysfunctional coaching staff in UF history

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We should have made Nord the interim head coach. That could have been the most epic finish in college football history.....and not in a good way. Movies would have been made about it.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
And to think I DROVE from Lakeland to Dallas for that opening game....listening to sports radio and how 9 or 19 of our players were credit card scammers. I think I'd rather just forget that whole chapter of Gator football which is all Germy Fooley's fault.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We should have made Nord the interim head coach. That could have been the most epic finish in college football history.....and not in a good way. Movies would have been made about it.
I’m fairly certain our big trick play would have involved lining up with 10 men on the LOS, facing backwards, shoes tied together, and blindfolded.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
20 years from now, Mac will be in prison for fraud. HBO will do a miniseries about the biggest busts in CFB history. Mac will do an interview and say, "You know that shark picture? That really was me. Perty kewl, huh?" Then his lips will start quivering because is going to cry.

Oh no -- death threats again.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Everyone knew Zook was gonna fail. the first guy after a legend and all.

Meyer came in and the world was right, until he flamed out. We now know this is the Urban M.O.

Nobody liked Chump from the beginning because he was a Dawg. Plus he was also following a legend. After we got to know him we all knew his brand of football was far different than what Gators fans wanted to see. All defense, no offense. Buh-bye.

Gator nation had hope when Foley pulled his head out of his ass and started talking to Offensive guys. McElwain had a decent first year, crushing Old Miss was sweet and that comeback against Tennessee was amazing. The Swamp was rocking for that one and that win had my fan group thinking he was the guy. Just a couple weeks later it all started to fall apart when Will Grier was suspended for PED's. There were some moments here and there, later that year when the Gators beat Georgia. By the first game (Michigan) of his 3rd year it was apparent there was something wrong with the Gators coaching staff. I don't know one fan who was on board with him at that point. Foley finally fired him. Foley absolutely trashed his own legacy by giving McElwain a huge buyout.

Even though we ended up with Randy Shannon as an interim, Gators should always celebrate October 29 as McElwain Emancipation Day. It was expensive, but as we see from the Willie debacle at FSUx, it was well worth it.

Before I found this place, I had a friend who was a Bull Gator and heard some juicy stuff from him from time to time, but sadly his health started to fail in 2017 and we lost him last year. I needed a place to vent and because I wanted to keep up to date on the team's happenings. Because of McElwain, I found Gatorchatter and have enjoyed my time here.

I'll raise a glass tonight and thank the powers that be that we got rid of that POS a year too late, with a soft spot in my heart for Will Grier. RIP to my Bull Gator friend Bob. I'm sure he is smiling down on the Gators but I also know he would have enjoyed seeing the boys play this year.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Anyone the very last call of the Mac/Nuss regime?

We were getting blown out by FSU, and score a TD in the final seconds of the game.

Instead of lining up and going for 2, we attempted the most pathetic fake fg ever.

It was classic inept Mac era ball.

And that, mercifully, was that.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Was so happy about the news he got fired I could care less about getting boat raced that game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone knew Zook was gonna fail. the first guy after a legend and all.
Such stupid shyt. How is Oklahoma doing? OSU? scUM went thru three or four good coaches.

If you hire a garbage coach after a champion, yes, he will be garbage.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Such stupid shyt. How is Oklahoma doing? OSU? scUM went thru three or four good coaches.

If you hire a garbage coach after a champion, yes, he will be garbage.
I don't think Zook was as garbage as Chump or Butters. He could recruit and had a decent offense and defense. He just couldn't call a good game half the time so instead of being elite the Gators were average Meyer fixed that quickly.

The guys post Meyer were horrific hires and to this day I can't decide who was worse. Chump for not once trying to fix the offense or Butters for the hot yoga training program and running off the best talent he had.

OSU did it right they replaced a legend with a legend when they brought Meyer in. Now they replaced a legend with the hot OC, seems to be working out ok.

Hiring the right head football coach is the single hardest thing an AD will do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Zook was as garbage as Chump or Butters. He could recruit and had a decent offense and defense. .
Zook was never even competent as a coordinator. His defenses and offenses were known for falling apart innthe second half, the key criteria of a terrible coach.

Other than being a friend of Jeremy Foley, and nothing else on his resume that suggested head coach and he would never have been hired by anyone else. Both of the other two were going to get hired somewhere.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ham Sandwich!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.