UF AD Article

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's taken a lot less time to approve Supreme Court justices.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Miss America doesnt wanna pass down her crown

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-foley-coaching-carousel-art-briles/90094134/

"In conversations with people familiar with the matter, one potential issue has come up several times: Foley’s continued presence at Florida in an emeritus position. Essentially, some higher-profile athletics directors who might have been interested in the job aren’t sure about the dynamics of having Foley, who was credited for much of Florida’s athletics success during his 25-year run, right down the hall."

Interesting.
I thought this would be a problem. They need to spell out Foley's role in very specific terms so it's clear exactly what he can and cannot do or be involved in without a new A.D.s invitation.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Did Meyer rub off on him too much? He doesn't know if he wants to retire or not.
He wants to get paid, and work when he wants. You know, let go, but not let go. .Retire, but not retire. Retire but still retain control. I read that all of his assistant ADs have to stay also. Kind of limiting for a new hire.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This has gotten to the point where it's embarrassing. Foley, if you really love UF, you'll head out to pasture. Take your golden parachute money and go sailing or something.

I know for a fact Foley reads this board so don't be afraid to speak to him directly in this thread.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So how many candidates are we at? I've lost count.

tumblr_n1ls26Gwix1smcbm7o1_250.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I smell a diamond in the rough candidate. Who is Northern Colorado's AD? We'll steal them away.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This has gotten to the point where it's embarrassing. Foley, if you really love UF, you'll head out to pasture. Take your golden parachute money and go sailing or something.

I know for a fact Foley reads this board so don't be afraid to speak to him directly in this thread.

Well in that case....

Jeremy you've had a great run. Would you truly have felt this way if Bill Arnsparger stayed and cast a shadow over what you wanted to do. You'll always have access. You don't need an office to have that at UF. So please, enjoy retirement and let the next guy have his chance.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Foley was one of the most respected ADs in the country? Why doesn't anybody wanna work in the same building as him?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Foley was one of the most respected ADs in the country? Why doesn't anybody wanna work in the same building as him?

Are you joking? What self-respecting AD NEEDS JF looking over his shoulder? Only a marionette needs someone pulling the strings. JF's ego is getting in the way. Not surprised. Cut the cord Jeremy.

If it's going to be one of the "well, this is how we've always done it here at Florida" then just hire one of your puppets. Geez.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you joking? What self-respecting AD NEEDS JF looking over his shoulder? Only a marionette needs someone pulling the strings. JF's ego is getting in the way. Not surprised. Cut the cord Jeremy.

If it's going to be one of the "well, this is how we've always done it here at Florida" then just hire one of your puppets. Geez.

:joke:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
So my bride of 38 years and I are watching the UK/UF game on a big screen tv when CBS Vern poses the AFLAC question of the game, "Who was Florida's AD prior to Jeremy Foley?" The wife immediately pipes up, "Bill Asparagus!!"

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trex thinks I'm the biggest pumper here

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
This is stupid; Fooley is going to **** around and we are going to settle for some idiotic AD who thinks football is just a "game"...

In all honesty I think this is a power move by the **** face to try and get one of his assistant/buddies hired. I doubt he thought the university was going to go outside of the department to make a hire and when they did he decided to dig in and try to block it till we are forced to hire from within.

I wish that knob gobbler would just GTFO already. I'm tired of having an AD that thinks women's chess is as important as football; news flash bi***, it's not. Feed the sport that makes money, stop worrying about tiddly winks and other stupid ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator