UF Alumni Roll Call

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You people make me sick!

I graduated in 95, after transferring in from the JUCO ranks. BS in Health Sciences (I thought I was going to be a Physician's Assistant one day....ended up becoming a paramedic on the Jacksonville Fire Department....then left to become an active duty military officer).

Best football memory while I was at UF, was going to the 1994 Sugar Bowl when we stomped WVU. Plenty of good times (went to the UT games in Knoxville, FL/GA in Jax, etc).

Best Gainesville memory was working as a lifeguard at Lake Wauberg in the summer of 1994.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
BS Ag Operations Management '89

Being as I was married, having graduated high school in '79, I missed most of the partying. I commuted 69 miles one way for my two years at UF. Go to school, take care of business, drive home.

Best Swamp memory, watching Emmitt run 95 or so yards for a TD while sitting at the top of the stadium.

Best Gator memories, Jack Jackson's TD against Bama in 93 and winning the SEC, singing Rocky Top as we exited Neyland stadium in 94, SECG in Atlanta 94 - last game I attended with my parents as my father passed on the Monday after UF beat UT in '95.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Year graduated: 1998

Major: Information Systems and Operations Management (formerly Decision and Information Sciences)

Best football memory: Torn between the 1997 UF vs. FSU game, mutliple UF. vs. UGA games in Jax and the 2008 NC game.

Best G'ville memory: Waking up on a Saturday morning of a home game and seeing all the people tailgating, etc.. OH... and meeting my wife.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Not good but I will say interesting, two ties; UF-Pitt and Matt Cavanaugh...........17-17 Preston Kendrick (Vince's brother and walkon) plays an all time defensive game. Another UF-LSU and Bert Jones.........3-3, Who woulda thunk it? Both times UF was the underdog.

UF '78

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Not good but I will say interesting, two ties; UF-Pitt and Matt Cavanaugh...........17-17 Preston Kendrick (Vince's brother and walkon) plays an all time defensive game. Another UF-LSU and Bert Jones.........3-3, Who woulda thunk it? Both times UF was the underdog.

UF '78
I was at both games.......I think a blocked kick got us the tie against Pitt. I swear the Stablered the ball down the field to get the ball.
The 3-3 tie was rainy and Nat Moore was run down by some damned Tiger. I didnt think anyone had his speed to catch him

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I was at both games.......I think a blocked kick got us the tie against Pitt. I swear the Stablered the ball down the field to get the ball.
The 3-3 tie was rainy and Nat Moore was run down by some damned Tiger. I didnt think anyone had his speed to catch him
I was there, really had a great time at the Pitt game and yes that block was incredible. Had to be with LeCount as our QB.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I was there, really had a great time at the Pitt game and yes that block was incredible. Had to be with LeCount as our QB.
Did you ever hear the story that LeCount fell down on the 440 in the HS State meet , got up and won the race. The speed on those teams was not real with him, Tony Green Willie Wilder, Wes Chandler. There was never a pic six on them as they could always run down the guy that intercepted.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Did you ever hear the story that LeCount fell down on the 440 in the HS State meet , got up and won the race. The speed on those teams was not real with him, Tony Green Willie Wilder, Wes Chandler. There was never a pic six on them as they could always run down the guy that intercepted.
Chandler was a GOAT, Wilder as fast as I've ever seen, Green fast AND shifty. I always thought we didn't get what we could have out of LeCount.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember seeing Green outside Yon Hall one day taking drags on a cigarette. I did a double take. Yep, it was him.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
BS in microbiology 1998
Minor: burrito eating, skirt chasing, dope smoking
1997 FSU game, was at 1997 sugar bowl title game , saw jevon Kearse on bourbon after the game
Gville: skeeters, covered dish, old wave night at full circle, sleeping out for rush tickets at reitz union in 1994, search for best crapper on campus , 10 keg parties at the utility house , running naked down archer road. My first dorm mates a lot of whom I’m still Friends with, calico jacks, rotator. Being young and enthusiastic

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

UF '78
If the 3-3 LSU game was played in a driving rain storm, I was there. Lived in Corry Village and my bride alluded to insanity when I walked to Florida Field. Got back with the appearance of a not recently drowned rat. I don't recall any joy associated with the tie.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Year graduated. Didn't.

Major. Economics/Philosophy

Best football memory. End zone UGA - FL

Best G'ville memory. First Gator Growl Bill Cosby

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.