UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TOS is saying that there are a handful of names for LB coach. These were given by Graham and Chiles.

1. DJ Durkin
2. Jamar Cheney
3. Mark Ivey
4. Charlie Partridge
5. George Helow
6. CJ Wilford
7. Austin Armstrong

DJ would of course be the homerun hire.

So it probably won’t happen.
I did see Armstrong was an option. I guess that was his original position announced (alongside DC) so they have wiggle room.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TOS is saying that there are a handful of names for LB coach. These were given by Graham and Chiles.

1. DJ Durkin
2. Jamar Cheney
3. Mark Ivey
4. Charlie Partridge
5. George Helow
6. CJ Wilford
7. Austin Armstrong

I’d love to see Durkin back here. But we all know it’s going to one of those guys whose names sound made up. Helow, assuming he exists, would be my guess.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I’d love to see Durkin back here. But we all know it’s going to one of those guys whose names sound made up. Helow, assuming he exists, would be my guess.
Does Helow currently work somewhere, cause when he leaves there, it's going to be awkward when they say, " Helow, goodbye."

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
Agree with this, they’re already gonna have to cough up 25 million plus for Napier’s buyout next year. It’s amazing how we keep hiring stubborn idiots for head coaches.
Blame that on our sorry ass inept AD for that decision. Stricklin needs to go!

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
I have tried to watch some of her podcasts, but just can't do it. It's almost like, "I have nothing else to do so I am going to have a podcast".

I will give her credit where it is due. At least she is better looking than Beth Mowins. She's got that going for her. Maybe she's trying to get her job.
I watch Ali's podcasts sometimes and when she interviews Urban......Urban gets that smirk on his face like he wants to screw her brains out. :lol:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I've stated for quite a while that he's fired after about 5 games when he's 1-4, maybe he makes it 1-5 but the only win left on his resume as the gator HC is Samford, and it'll be a win by a small margin.

Ah, it's going to be such a fun year full of fan harmony and optimism. :lol:
Seems many on here will be rooting for massive embarrassing losses so that we can fire him sooner and everyone can be right as rain. This is when Gatorchatter really shines. When we've drawn our knives and pitchforks and are fixin to run a guy outta town.

For me personally, unless Urbs makes it known he wants the job back on condition of Stricknine being fired, I'm going to root for the Gators to make an improbable comeback led by Sunbelt Billy-boy Taggert and his rag-tag band of OL coaches and assorted journeymen and JUCO players.

Good luck everyone. 2024 is gonna be lit! At least we ain't Noles.

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015

go for it smile GIF by Spotify

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
How's he going to prevent the plays that take 15 seconds to develop with the WRs running next to each other for most of the play?

With the PWO oline letting a 2 man push rush through?
Quick hand-offs then denials.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

1. DJ Durkin
2. Jamar Cheney
3. Mark Ivey
4. Charlie Partridge
5. George Helow
6. CJ Wilford
7. Austin Armstrong

DJ takes LBs, then interim HC after BN is fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.