UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
There are Silers are out there but you have to be looking for that when you crute, and, you have to present yourself as a coach and a program that has the mentality that matches what they are looking for. Remember what Brandon's mom told Urban?

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This Silers are out there but you have to be looking for that when you crute, and, you have to present yourself and a coach and a program that has the mentality that matches what your looking for. Remember what Brandon's mom told Urban?
Good point. Zero chance a guy like siler with a family like his would get crooted by tater. Absolute zero. And in my opinion, siler was the best Florida LB we've had since Spurrier.

Tater wants "good young men of strong character" which is fine, but we need some dogs too.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good point. Zero chance a guy like siler with a family like his would get crooted by tater. Absolute zero. And in my opinion, siler was the best Florida LB we've had since Spurrier.

Tater wants "good young men of strong character" which is fine, but we need some dogs too.
I thought Spurrier was a QB :wink2:
:lol:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I came to the opener....Urbans first game against Wyoming. I brought a friend who had never been to a Gator game and he saw Siler playing and said that guy will be playing on Sunday.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I should have been more clear. "Since Spurrier was our coach." Better? :lol:
Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Or just nothing at all(outside of WATB). I’d rather not devote the time to looking it up, but I’d love to know what are home record is since we started doing that, beginning Lsu ‘17. My guess is just over .500, and probably under against P5. We are starting to let A&M and VTech off the hook for most embarrassing tradition in cfb.
Wouldn't break my heart if they stopped it. I've been in Lane Stadium with fans shaking their keys. :facepalm:

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe I have to be the one to say it but we're 11 pages in and no one has said it yet ....

the first time Billy has fires anyone and its Corey Raymond and Sean Spencer ...

Racism The Studio GIF by BLoafX

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great players USUALLY make sorry ass coaches. Larry Bird being one of the few exceptions. Look at every great coach, at any sport, at the higher levels. Most everyone was a below average player. Coaching and playing are two different animals...
I can think of at least one more: SOS

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
A new CEO moves into her office and finds three envelopes in her desk from the prior CEO labeled crisis 1, crisis 2, and crisis 3 respectively. There is a note that indicates she should use these only in the event of a crisis - opening one envelope at a time.

After a few months the new CEO is facing a crisis, so she opens to first envelope. The letter inside says simply “blame your predecessor". So she crafts a communication that says that the crisis is the result of bad decisions made before she took over and that she is committed to sorting out the mess she has inherited.

Things settle down.

Some time later, another crisis emerges, so she opens the second letter. This letter says “restructure the organization”. So the chief executive gets the leadership team together and redesigns the organization’s structure and reassigns roles and responsibilities. She finds scapegoats for the company's poor performance that can be publicly fired.

The restructure is executed and with time, the crisis abates.

Since neither the blame tactic, nor the restructure addressed the real issues, inevitably another crisis occurs. The Chief Executive thinks “Well, the last two letters seemed to work out ok, so perhaps the third letter will be a more permanent solution.”

So she opens the third envelope and reads “write three letters.”
You lost me at "she".

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Pretty sure we all know that UGA DB coach will get the Syracuse job and Raymond will go to Georgia. That's the kind of thing that happens to gator fans lol.
And Raymond will look like a champ again because they will recruit 5 star players that already know how to play their position.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I can't believe I have to be the one to say it but we're 11 pages in and no one has said it yet ....

the first time Billy has fires anyone and its Corey Raymond and Sean Spencer ...

Racism The Studio GIF by BLoafX
I heard he in the kkk too. Grounds for immediate termination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator