UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
"Gator Nation, we got another one," he said. "Coach "G" Chatman is definitely one of the most influential coaches, I'd say, [that] impacted my career as an NFL player when he was an assistant coach. But as the defensive line coach at Florida now, I'm even more excited for him. If I was a young player hungry to learn, compete in SEC against the best of the best with a coach I know is committed to helping me be the best player and the best man, I'm headed back to the Swamp again." - Carlos Dunlap

Good to hear.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So Northwestern beats Utah in a bowl, but Billy can't in game 1? Was altitude an excuse for that loss among others? Pathetic!
Utah fell off a cliff in the second half of the season. These meaningless bowl games are a joke.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When I heard the commentators speaking of the opt outs, portal, injuries I think this bowl season is going to really suck. Perhaps maybe not int he playoff games but sheesh. Might have to go over and revise some picks.

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
Utah fell off a cliff in the second half of the season. These meaningless bowl games are a joke.
Bowl games are meaningless now with the playoff system. But it's no excuse for this coaching staff to completely not prepare and put an azz product on the field against teams that are less talented than us. Such as Utah, Kentucky, Arkansas, Mizzou. Just to name a few.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bowl games are meaningless now with the playoff system. But it's no excuse for this coaching staff to completely not prepare and put an azz product on the field against teams that are less talented than us. Such as Utah, Kentucky, Arkansas, Mizzou. Just to name a few.
You don't say? You're the first person to mention this all season. It's good we have you around.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't make it any easier for a staff to try and put that product on the field when dealing with all the crap that is CFB now. And during bowl season the portal is open and ESD? Watch OU vs. Arizona for a good example. OU - 10-2 QB goes in portal, now starting a freshman in first game, now that back up enters the portal, and 2nd string is a walkon named General Booty. You can't make this shyt up. But to say, with the anitcs going on in CFB, the product may not be any better.

MSN

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
You don't say? You're the first person to mention this all season. It's good we have you around.
Seems to be the general consensus.. And I like Napier as a person and want him to succeed at UF it's just obvious he is not the man for this job.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Many of our Gator writers and all those 247/On3 "personalities" who do their "scouting" are little more than Twitter users who spend all day on it getting intel. Few of them ever break anything other than Hayes Fawcett.

As for the OC, this would be an absolute homerun hire.

Edit: Not enough. This would be bottom on the ninth, two outs, down 3 runs, walkoff Adam Dunn skyshot splash it onto the Kentucky side of the river grandslam home run.

All this plus losing Kimber?

And FSU being in constant clowndemonium?

MERRY FUCHSING CHRISTMAS GATORS.
The most knowledgeable hands down is Blake Alderman. It’s not close. The guy is connected and his crystal balls are pretty spot on. In fact, On3 tends to wait for 247 guys like Alderman to announce info and then they piggyback. Sometimes within minutes after.

Keith at On3 does hit the ground hard. He’s new to the Gator beat and spits out a ton of content. He talks to a lot of recruits.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The most knowledgeable hands down is Blake Alderman. It’s not close. The guy is connected and his crystal balls are pretty spot on. In fact, On3 tends to wait for 247 guys like Alderman to announce info and then they piggyback. Sometimes within minutes after.

Keith at On3 does hit the ground hard. He’s new to the Gator beat and spits out a ton of content. He talks to a lot of recruits.
I’ve had the opposite opinion of Blake, not maybe even in a bad way. He seems to drag his feet and will not give any info whatsoever unless he’s 100% sure it’s accurate. On3 pumps out content non stop for every little thing they hear.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve had the opposite opinion of Blake, not maybe even in a bad way. He seems to drag his feet and will not give any info whatsoever unless he’s 100% sure it’s accurate. On3 pumps out content non stop for every little thing they hear.
I agree with that. But I tend to find that on3 just pumps any damn thing out. I actually prefer to get information that is legit. 247 boards still works a lot of rumors. Just like Twitter. But I know when Blake comes out and says something that it’s more than likely legit.

For example, with the new rumor about a possible OC coming out, Blake has said they haven’t heard anything. They said it’s more likely that he doesn’t get an OC than he does. But they have heard nothing.

When you look at the DB coach that recently got hired, 247 was on Harris weeks before anybody else.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite thing about Alderman is that he communicates with the people on the board all the time. And he answers their questions.

On3 does not. Except for Nick. Sometimes Keith will. and it’s no surprise that those two guys are hard-working as hell and are constantly pounding the pavement.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe an oc is coming either . One thing I've learned this past decade and a half is when bad news rumors are being floated a, it's usually true. When something good happening is gettingfloated, it usually doesn't happen. That's not a knock on Napier at all, that's just what happens for whatever reason. I don't understand it.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This is true, they went from 2nd string to basically 5th string for that bowl. They've had a 2013 injury type year and with the portal are even more ravaged. It isn't a fair comparison for sure.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
According to the insiders on tos the UNLV guy isn't even on Napier's radar. Sucks if true but they've also said for certainty it isn't gonna be Willy Korn or Russ Calloway. So at least we've got that going for us.
Correct it is going to remain BN. Sooooo, we got that too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator