UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Kevlo911

Oct 29, 2019
DJ would be great, but if the insiders said we told our guys a list of 7 potential coaches, it's not happening. Why wouldn't the list be 3 or 4 max

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TOS is saying that there are a handful of names for LB coach. These were given by Graham and Chiles.

1. DJ Durkin
2. Jamar Cheney
3. Mark Ivey
4. Charlie Partridge
5. George Helow
6. CJ Wilford
7. Austin Armstrong

DJ would of course be the homerun hire.

So it probably won’t happen.
Which of those guys were recently fired? Fooley says hiring someone recently fired (and still under contract for the year so someone else is paying the salary) is the only way to build a staff.

Just Durkin?

Kevlo911

Oct 29, 2019
Which of those guys were recently fired? Fooley says hiring someone recently fired (and still under contract for the year so someone else is paying the salary) is the only way to build a staff.

Just Durkin?
Excellent, I'll take him

Will be an easier transition to urban mid season

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Just Durkin?
Partridge too. I made a mistake by saying Charlie Partridge. I meant Chris Partridge. He got fired from Michigan due to the sign stealing scandal. Not because he was any part of it, but because he violated NCAA investigation practices by talking with a staff member about the ongoing investigation.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Lagway will call his own plays :suspect:

2331f437-7300-4581-a631-a782479a4553_text.gif

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Partridge too. I made a mistake by saying Charlie Partridge. I meant Chris Partridge. He got fired from Michigan due to the sign stealing scandal. Not because he was any part of it, but because he violated NCAA investigation practices by talking with a staff member about the ongoing investigation.
We might hire Danny Partridge

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Actually if we brought in Reuben Kincaid to oversee the entire Athletic Dept. then we might actually start going places. No Reuben Kincaid, no Partridges. That is the kind of forward thinking guy we need.

1703993178841.jpeg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good news guys, looks like we will continue with the ST clinic we've seen for 2 seasons.

Is there another rocket scientist coach out there that has two OL coaches and no ST coach? After two years of abysmal ST play, this is so easily correctable. If our ST are a joke again this year, this alone should be cause for negligence and a reduced buyout. It’s just mind boggling that he came up with and sticks with this coaching lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.