UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Or this... how many "Associate Head Coach" guys do you need that aren't even OC or DC to win a NC that year?
How can they have a "Offensive Coordinator" and also a "Co-Offensive Coordinator"? Shouldn't they both be Co? Same with the DC.

Their titles suck. I'm surprised they win any games at all. :lol:

Did you notice they also have a Special Teams/TE Coach?

That'll never work.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Dude has gray hair. Going to upset the balance of power in the young silly titles crowd.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
How can they have a "Offensive Coordinator" and also a "Co-Offensive Coordinator"? Shouldn't they both be Co? Same with the DC.

Their titles suck. I'm surprised they win any games at all. :lol:

Did you notice they also have a Special Teams/TE Coach?

That'll never work.
And look at the two guys at the bottom and their whacky assed titles...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Executive head coach for defense huh?

I'll be honest, I have no idea how he's been as a DC. But I definitely like the idea of a more seasoned guy on that side of the ball. I think the position coaches will respond better to a guy with a little more age one him than what we have.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
And look at the two guys at the bottom and their whacky assed titles...
Saw that. I guess they have dotted line to the AD? I think we need a football GM that's on the same level as AD. Let the AD handle non-revenue sports.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
What is strange about all this is we have a competent SEC level DC who has been around for a longtime to come into Florida to be the LB coach under a young dude who was a grad assistant the last time they were all together. Maybe AA is getting demoted and RR is taking the DC position? Just weird.
Yes, odd…. DC in waiting? Doesn’t make sense. Hiring an over qualified LB coach is a good thing if his input with AA helps the D. But it seems odd for sure. You know a genius like Billy is anything but conventional.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care about titles, I just want to not be a friggin embarrassment on the field and if this guy can be an adult in the room then I'm for it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Saw that. I guess they have dotted line to the AD? I think we need a football GM that's on the same level as AD. Let the AD handle non-revenue sports.
i'm pretty sure almost everyone mocked us doing this last week

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
i'm pretty sure almost everyone mocked us doing this last week
That list was from Bamma in 2018 so they had a good business model in anticipation of NIL / free agency.

Saban is a great coach, but what has always impressed me the most is his handling of the business end of things. Is he that smart or is there a behind the scenes business/lawyer guy in a trenchcoat?

Coaches should coach... the admin stuff, is as important, but should be handled like the pros do it.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WTF is with all the titles? People who worry about titles are typically people you don’t want.
I believe that was the same titles that chaos and Raymond held.

Raymond was defensive head coach or something and Spencer was co coordinator.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yes, odd…. DC in waiting? Doesn’t make sense. Hiring an over qualified LB coach is a good thing if his input with AA helps the D. But it seems odd for sure. You know a genius like Billy is anything but conventional.

It makes perfect sense now that position is being announced. He will be the LB Coach, but he will also be Co Defensive Coordinator. Sounds like AA is getting demoted and Napier is trying to fix the defense. One of the very few steps in the right direction he has made.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'll be honest, I have no idea how he's been as a DC. But I definitely like the idea of a more seasoned guy on that side of the ball. I think the position coaches will respond better to a guy with a little more age one him than what we have.
If this is your feeling, Gene Chizik is available. I am sure he would make others happy as well b/c he fits the bill of having played here. Age, where they played etc. means squat. "Do you know what the FVKK you are doing?" End of story.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I remember a time when UF just went out and hired the best coaches available and fired the ones that sucked...
The "best coaches available" aren't stumbling over each other to coach at Vandy either, are they?.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.