UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Both of these clowns are simple minded damned fools.
1-7 against our rivals, and an overall losing record going into year three, with a downturn in recruiting coupled with our seemingly don't give a shhiit attitude towards the portal and he's not on the hot seat?????

I get it. Strick is trying to make sure his boy isn't worried about his job.
If I stunk up my job as bad as SB, I would at the very least, be worried about my future. Maybe, just a little bit of worrying about your future was taken out of the equation, by a damned 25 MILLION dollar buyout.

I hate what has happened to our program. I'm not sure we will EVER be back to a championship caliber team and program. We are just digging deeper instead of trying to plug the fn holes and fill up the grave.

That entire article has me calling the drywall guys again.

My God, Strick should be on the Fn hot seat!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ron Roberts to be announced today or tomorrow.

He will be taking over the defensive play calling. Armstrong will call the plays in from the sideline. But Roberts will call the actual plays.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He will be taking over the defensive play calling. Armstrong will call the plays in from the sideline. But Roberts will call the actual plays.
I suppose this mean Roberts will be in the booth... Although it would be pretty amusing if he was standing next to sandlot telling him what play to call

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
How we feel depends on how the team looks. UF lost 3 games by 3 points or less last season. Let's say 1 or 2 plays had gone differently and we had won those games and been 8-4. Would we be excited going into this upcoming year because of that record? Of course not, because the team didn't really look that hot.

If winning those 3 games would have quieted the noise in the system, and given us far fewer late recruiting defections, then yes.

If the class still fell apart, then no.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Seems to me a grad Asst. could signal in the calls from the DC. Let's see. 2 DC's, one who is incompetent. 2 O-Line coaches, both of who are incompetent. An incompetent WR coach. No ST coach. And an Incompetent HC. Yeah, we are going places. :surrender:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

ryan reynolds hd GIF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He said he believes given enough time Napier will be successful. :lol:
Years? Decades? What’s his idea of enough time?
That is the difference between knowing something about the sport and not knowing anything about the sport. Strichnine is a moron. Regardless of what Strichnine thinks of Karl 6 days of the week, it is clear that on gameday, Karl is a fish out of water. This is undeniable and not a learned behavior. It is innate and can only be overcome with supreme, superior talent, which in today's college athletics, is not happening, anywhere.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Both of these clowns are simple minded damned fools.
1-7 against our rivals, and an overall losing record going into year three, with a downturn in recruiting coupled with our seemingly don't give a shhiit attitude towards the portal and he's not on the hot seat?????

I get it. Strick is trying to make sure his boy isn't worried about his job.
If I stunk up my job as bad as SB, I would at the very least, be worried about my future. Maybe, just a little bit of worrying about your future was taken out of the equation, by a damned 25 MILLION dollar buyout.

I hate what has happened to our program. I'm not sure we will EVER be back to a championship caliber team and program. We are just digging deeper instead of trying to plug the fn holes and fill up the grave.

That entire article has me calling the drywall guys again.

My God, Strick should be on the Fn hot seat!!
How many times can you post the exact same thing?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
If winning those 3 games would have quieted the noise in the system, and given us far fewer late recruiting defections, then yes.

If the class still fell apart, then no.
I believe the only reason the class didn't fall apart(could have been worse), is because UF is a good brand and we have a lot to sell. An 8 win season would have helped. I think the class sticks, adds a star or two, and we would have better choices in the portal if we looked organized and tough winning 8 games. Any dedicated staff can recruit well here with the the help of the BO recruiting staff. It helps to have that team dotting your eyes, and crossing your teeth.

The staff is primarily responsible for the product on the field, which continues the brand's strength, or not, and affects how younger players who will eventually be recruited view the brand.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Strick seems like a good guy and he really wants to Billy to succeed for his and Billy’s sake. The more I listen to the interviews , the more I believe he’s gets 4 years minimum. Only way he doesn’t is if sasse fires strick and a new ad comes in and fires Billy. I could realistic see if Billy gets canned it’s after year 4 or mid year 5

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Strick seems like a good guy and he really wants to Billy to succeed for his and Billy’s sake. The more I listen to the interviews , the more I believe he’s gets 4 years minimum. Only way he doesn’t is if sasse fires strick and a new ad comes in and fires Billy. I could realistic see if Billy gets canned it’s after year 4 or mid year 5
If it does happen, I hope it's when the next great UF coach is available.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

A lot of truth in this post... Strick isn't going to fire Napier, unless Napier doesn't something like McElwain did after the bowl game. Napier hasn't shown to be that dumb. Strick wants/needs Napier to be a success.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Strick seems like a good guy
Who gives a fuch? I want a good AD and he’s proven he’s not up to the job. The sooner Sasse gets off his ass and realizes what going on with our athletic department the better. We’re beyond apathetic at this point.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who gives a fuch? I want a good AD and he’s proven he’s not up to the job. The sooner Sasse gets off his ass and realizes what going on with our athletic department the better. We’re beyond apathetic at this point.

At least a year away before Sasse has time to focus on athletics especially football, and Stricklin knows it.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I am not sure the UAA Athletic Director works for the University President. President Sasse is an ex officio member of the UAA board but it seems that hiring and firing aren't in his purvue.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From the Sentinel article:
IMG_2281.jpeg
Strichnine is high on “Hope-ium.” His master stroke of hiring the next up-and-comer has not worked as he envisioned, so now he goes into the Great Oz mode and tries to take our collective minds off of the myriad of struggles we’ve witnessed, assuaging our fears with the sudden maturity of our older team. Nobody in their right mind that knows an ounce of CFB will take that at face value.

We may have part of the roster that is chronologically older, but how many will progress or be coached beyond where they are? I have hope for some of the new staff, defense side so far, but what about the O? OL in particular. The play calling past the first script? Special Teams? Getting a lot of talent and experience from the portal? Having a hard time seeing it coalesce as magically as Strichnine lays it out.

I don’t know what would be worse…that he’s trying to continue the grift for his own sake and reputation or if he really believes it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From the Sentinel article:
Strichnine is high on “Hope-ium.” His master stroke of hiring the next up-and-comer has not worked as he envisioned, so now he goes into the Great Oz mode and tries to take our collective minds off of the myriad of struggles we’ve witnessed, assuaging our fears with the sudden maturity of our older team. Nobody in their right mind that knows an ounce of CFB will take that at face value.

We may have part of the roster that is chronologically older, but how many will progress or be coached beyond where they are? I have hope for some of the new staff, defense side so far, but what about the O? OL in particular. The play calling past the first script? Special Teams? Getting a lot of talent and experience from the portal? Having a hard time seeing it coalesce as magically as Strichnine lays it out.

I don’t know what would be worse…that he’s trying to continue the grift for his own sake and reputation or if he really believes it.
Unfortunately, I believe it is believes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.