UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pleased with all the hires. We're going to be a much better team.
This Is Fine GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Can someone explain to me what Karl's fascination is with having as many O-Line coaches as possible? I mean in this situation 2 halfs do not make a whole. We saw that the previous two seasons. I swear 50 years from now there will be a chapter dedicated to Karl in a Management 101 textbook with a chart on how NOT to construct a chain of command.
He thinks that since OL involves 5 positions it’s better to have one coach for the interior and one for the tackles to give more focused attention during drills, meetings, film study, etc.

I don’t think where he allocates the slot he gains by being HC/OC/QB is the issue. It’s his performance as OC (meh) and how it affects his HC role in-game with clock and situation management, wasted timeouts, etc. That has altogether cost 2-4 games? Which cost a bowl & 15 practices, and a few recruits - it snowballs the wrong way.

He’s betting on himself to right all of that. And, honestly, winning 2-4 more games isn’t where we want to be anyway, except as a step toward excellence.

At least this schedule won’t allow him to hide behind 3 non-conference patsies and a few other gimmes to get bowl-eligible.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Can someone explain to me what Karl's fascination is with having as many O-Line coaches as possible? I mean in this situation 2 halfs do not make a whole. We saw that the previous two seasons. I swear 50 years from now there will be a chapter dedicated to Karl in a Management 101 textbook with a chart on how NOT to construct a chain of command.
I’m thinking it has something to do with the fact that he’s a retard.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Simple doubling down on being simple. Is he admitting his primary OL Coach is incapable? I do not know of another successful staff that retains two OL coaches.

Do we know if there has been a STs coach hired and on board? Don't see one listed on Gatorzone.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Simple doubling down on being simple. Is he admitting his primary OL Coach is incapable? I do not know of another successful staff that retains two OL coaches.

Do we know if there has been a STs coach hired and on board? Don't see one listed on Gatorzone.
Prediction: Miami will run the open8ng kick back for a TD.

Special Teams?

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Media is pretty much torching him now. He's done.
I would bet Napier ignores the value of having Spurrier around to exchange ideas, rationale, what his thinking is and has had the opportunity but did and ignored or avoided Spurrier's advice.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Special Teams?
Still no STs coach on board? Meanwhile, look at the Football Support Staff. He found it necessary and was able to hire that extensive group of positions, but not all that urgent to get someone on board that can maybe prevent another two losses from inadequate STs execution? If he had won 7 or 8 last season, which was within reach, few would be questioning his judgment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.