UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator Nation is so dug in and invested in a complete collapse this year, I really don't know how people would react if this team had a good season. People have themselves convinced that it's so impossible a task that even discussing the possibility invites shame and ridicule to those with the audacity to mention it. Napier has elevated himself in their minds as literally the worst head coach that has ever walked a sideline, at any level of the game.

Well, I have done my best to support him and I think he has done some good things but his game time coaching and decisions have really made it hard to believe he has the ability to win in the SEC. I really dont think he was prepared for the talent he has to face in this league and I just havent seen the fire and desire from him that I would consider normal for a coach that has had two losing seasons at a top tier school. He has created the doubt and he has to prove himself to just about everyone. I know you are still supporting him but I dont believe you really believe he will turn it around either. Here is to a good season.

Excellent Points. One thing is for sure, it will be interesting to see the reactions.

Sadly, the doubt is definitely there and have every reason for the skepticism. I will always hope that they can turn it around. If Napier does, great. If he doesn't, it's simple like many said. We'll move on to the next one. And, yes here's to a good season. FFS it's only March 4, shyt, a long ways to go.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator Nation is so dug in and invested in a complete collapse this year, I really don't know how people would react if this team had a good season. People have themselves convinced that it's so impossible a task that even discussing the possibility invites shame and ridicule to those with the audacity to mention it. Napier has elevated himself in their minds as literally the worst head coach that has ever walked a sideline, at any level of the game.
Dont be ridiculous. He is only the worst coach at UF since 1943, not ever. However, some of the people who were around back then, like 48 and Corch, seem to think he had an excuse since most of Florida players actually went to war.

I don't know about you, but I think he has a great chance of recovering. Ignore the flies on the carcass.
Cow-GPI-081716-1-1240x1240.jpg

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Dont be ridiculous. He is only the worst coach at UF since 1943, not ever. However, some of the people who were around back then, like 48 and Corch, seem to think he had an excuse since most of Florida players actually went to war.

I don't know about you, but I think he has a great chance of recovering. Ignore the flies on the carcass.
View attachment 68039
Them’s good eatin.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I don’t run into much negativity in real life, even among dedicated fans. Message board zealots are another breed, on any subject.

BTW I heard Spurrier interviewed yesterday. He said he guessed some writers had taken his comments out of context. He was summarizing questions he’d heard were out there. He thinks we can have a good year if the team comes together and minimizes the mistakes.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t run into much negativity in real life, even among dedicated fans. Message board zealots are another breed, on any subject.

BTW I heard Spurrier interviewed yesterday. He said he guessed some writers had taken his comments out of context. He was summarizing questions he’d heard were out there. He thinks we can have a good year if the team comes together and minimizes the mistakes.
That sounds like some spin after the Co-Executive Assistant Head Coach of Brand Ambassadors came down on SOS for lobbing softballs to the media.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
BTW I heard Spurrier interviewed yesterday... He thinks we can have a good year if the team comes together and minimizes the mistakes.
"Good year" meaning not another losing season? "Minimizing mistakes " meaning sure tackling, secondary coverage, good pass rush, setting the edge, OL run blocking, OL pass blocking, WRs running real route trees, RBs picking up blitzes , ,QBs hitting some over the Ds head and STs not being a complete cluster fuch?

GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Take It Back Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was determined not to jump ship on Napier but after Spurdog ripped him a new assho/e…….I’m easing over to the side of the ship but there are so many people in front of me looks like I’m gone have to ride her down.
I agree.

The latest hire pushed me off the cliff. Hiring a career "analyst" to be an on the field coach shows he's not looking to get real coaches in there.

Hell, Satan hired former NFL head coaches as position coaches at bammer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree.

The latest hire pushed me off the cliff. Hiring a career "analyst" to be an on the field coach shows he's not looking to get real coaches in there.

Hell, Satan hired former NFL head coaches as position coaches at bammer.
I don’t think he can attract any good candidates at this point. When you’re on the hot seat, folks look elsewhere.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think he can attract any good candidates at this point. When you’re on the hot seat, folks look elsewhere.
I don't know. Someone that wants to make a big career jump might see an opportunity to show off their head coach skills with an interim slot likely to open.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
"Good year" meaning not another losing season? "Minimizing mistakes " meaning sure tackling, secondary coverage, good pass rush, setting the edge, OL run blocking, OL pass blocking, WRs running real route trees, RBs picking up blitzes , ,QBs hitting some over the Ds head and STs not being a complete cluster fuch?

GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
He said 8-9 wins or more, that we have the talent if guys buy in and do their jobs.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Excellent Points. One thing is for sure, it will be interesting to see the reactions.

Sadly, the doubt is definitely there and have every reason for the skepticism. I will always hope that they can turn it around. If Napier does, great. If he doesn't, it's simple like many said. We'll move on to the next one. And, yes here's to a good season. FFS it's only March 4, shyt, a long ways to go.
This is "win-win" for me! Either way...
Roll Go GIF by Carter Chevrolet

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Going to be another “trail of tears” with all these asses leaving Hogtown when Billy gets the hook.
There will be u-hauls lined up to the ga. Line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator