UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Whatever happened to that “Scared money don’t make money “ bull**** he was spewing upon arrival?
I guess he scares pretty easily.
The jokes on us. He’s making a sht-ton of money and we’re the ones scared of what new negative record he is going to bring to the program as he serves up his weekly sht-fest.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The jokes on us. He’s making a sht-ton of money and we’re the ones scared of what new negative record he is going to bring to the program as he serves up his weekly sht-fest.

Agreed

Every year:
Napier gets richer
Stricklin gets richer
Fooley gets richer
The fans get a year older.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
His "Cool Cat" demeanor evaporated with fans who pay attention. Hopefully he will build some credibility this season. He needs it for recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
tthe
His "Cool Cat" demeanor evaporated with fans who pay attention. Hopefully he will build some credibility this season. He needs it for recruiting.
the vast majority of our recruiting will be done by August. he basically has the ability to kill himself but not help himself this year. if by some miracle, perhaps a brain transplant, he does well this season it would affect next year's recruiting much more than this year's.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If by some miracle, perhaps a brain transplant, he does well this season it would affect next year's recruiting much more than this year's.

giphy.gif

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Lets get this thread back on track. Russ Callaway, now a Co-OC with Sale, and presumably Napier to oversee. Are there any other teams that have Co-OCs or is an admission Sale does not have what it takes so to justify salary he patches over inadequacies instead of cutting his losses?

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Lets get this thread back on track. Russ Callaway, now a Co-OC with Sale, and presumably Napier to oversee. Are there any other teams that have Co-OCs or is an admission Sale does not have what it takes so to justify salary he patches over inadequacies instead of cutting his losses?
Thec"co-oc" and "co-dc" thing is quite common. It is a promotion in title to hire someone away or keep someone on staff.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thec"co-oc" and "co-dc" thing is quite common. It is a promotion in title to hire someone away or keep someone on staff.
Common, okay, in that it's done. Neither georgia, LSU, fsu, or Kentucky have more than a single coach designated as "Co". Hope it works out.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Common, okay, in that it's done. Neither georgia, LSU, fsu, or Kentucky have more than a single coach designated as "Co". Hope it works out.
Not sure your point. I just looked at Bama, Ole Miss, LSU and Texas A&M and everyone of them have one or more "Co" designated coordinators.

I was just trying to answer your question about whether other teams do it. They do. It is, in fact, quite common.

Edit: BTW, FSU (Randy Shannon) and UGA (T-Rob) have co-defensive coordinators.

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not sure your point. I just looked at Bama, Ole Miss, LSU and Texas A&M and everyone of them have one or more "Co" designated coordinators.

I was just trying to answer your question about whether other teams do it. They do. It is, in fact, quite common.

Edit: BTW, FSU (Randy Shannon) and UGA (T-Rob) have co-defensive coordinators.
Looking at bama, a DC and two Co-DCs. Interesting. Ole Miss and LSU have a single. Odd to see bama as not yet having a designated STs coach. The rest of the schools do.

You know I just don't trust Napier. It makes sense to me that a WR coach would be involved in planning and execution in an offense. OL and TE coach, not so much.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
You know I just don't trust Napier. It makes sense to me that a WR coach would be involved in planning and execution in an offense. OL and TE coach, not so mumuch.

I agree with you there!

Calloway was an OC somewhere, I thought. Again, I suspect this is a promotion in title only to keep him from moving on. I doubt Sunbelt Billy is giving him any more of a roll than he already had. He sure won't be calling plays...Billy has that covered.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I agree with you there!

Calloway was an OC somewhere, I thought. Again, I suspect this is a promotion in title only to keep him from moving on. I doubt Sunbelt Billy is giving him any more of a roll than he already had. He sure won't be calling plays...Billy has that covered.

Yes, titles enable raises which help with retention. His role in putting game plans together isn’t clear, but my guess is it will be significant.

Callaway was OC at Samford for 5 years. His best year was 2018, when they led the FCS in passing and led f$u going into the 4th quarter. The noles got a late TD and pick-6 to save WiLLLLLLLLie for a day.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Better question is, are there any other teams that have Co-OCs and Co-O-line coaches?

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Yes, titles enable raises which help with retention. His role in putting game plans together isn’t clear, but my guess is it will be significant.

Callaway was OC at Samford for 5 years. His best year was 2018, when they led the FCS in passing and led f$u going into the 4th quarter. The noles got a late TD and pick-6 to save WiLLLLLLLLie for a day.

gLBZM6.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator