UF - GA 2023 Predictions

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So much perception of our program rides on this game.

I don't see how we win with an OL that lets our QB get hammered. georgia is "5 star" two deep front 7 and OL. If we keep it close, they still probably pull away in the 4th.

Praying we look good- staff and team- and it doesn't turn into a debacle. Players will feel confident if our systems work and they loosen up and play well. God bless them. Go Gators.
Last year we looked good.

We pulled within a score after the AR to Hendo TD pass.

We are a better team than 2022.
They are not a better team than 2022.

Gators 24
Dog **** 12

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anything is possible and I've seen a shytload of crazy stuff when it comes to FL/Ugay. If UF is going to win this game this is how it has to happen:

UF MUST, must play it's cleanest game and best of the year
NO penalties, NO False starts
Must win the Turnover battle
Likely need a defensive score.
Sandlot is going to have to let the D loose and break Tyler Bray 2.0 in half.
Run and pass without difficulty moving the ball and scoring TD's and not FG's

Ugay is going to have to play not up to par.
Turnovers
Penalties
.....and make Muschump shat his pants on the sidelines.

Anything can happen, especially with FL/GA. And I could never pick UF over Ugay. Even if it was with a 1979 Charley Pell Football team.

UF 24.1
GA 24.0

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
giphy.gif

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
Had we not come back 2 weeks ago vs. Cocks, I would have been way less optimistic. I think this team showed growth and BIG TIME character in Columbia. I know, I know, it's the Gamecocks... However, not too long ago I would have seen this team get rolled in that game out of the "here we go again" mentality.
That being said, I have two goals to come out of this game...
#1-Obvioulsly to kick the Dawgs A@#! ..... This not overly likely, but we can dream, right!
#2-Look like we belong there in loosing..... If we play a clean game (penalty wise), call plays like were not scared of competing, play with fire and enthusiasm (coach included) and represent the Gator Nation in a classy, Un-DAWG-like way.... Ill probably be satisfied with either outcome.

Prediction....We do one of the two. Leaning heavily to #2

Heart- UF Big W UF 35, UGA 23

Brain- UF 20, UGA 31

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
O K....
After huffing hopium for days...

UF- 30
uga- 24

I am saving copium for after and nopium for Dwight Howard.

Go Gators
f v c k uga

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I think I am riding a bit of an overly optimistic wave here. One thing is for sure, we can win. I really think Wilson will be the reason we do if it happens. These are the games it takes elite players making elite plays. We aren't beating Georgia with check downs and running up the middle. I saw somewhere that they have a tendency to have communication issues in the secondary. Put those guys in conflict. Overload a side with Ricky, Wilson, and maybe a burner like Mizell and force them to make quick decisions where their coverage requires them to exchange who they are covering. Not only do you put stress on them, you are likely making them agitated with each other and, most importantly, every mistake they make results in chunk yardage.
That said, I fear we are going to get their best effort. Kirby is going to have them ready and he is going to want to send a message. We just beat them for a 5*, media has been questioning them, and he hates us. I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose by 21, but that's rational me. However, I am a fan and I think Kirby has a stupid face and Georgia blows more d#ck than a whale blows water, so:

UF- 38
Whooped Puppies- 32

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think we're as good or better at QB, RB, WR, K, P, and maybe DB. Problem is I think we're still pretty behind in OL and DL, areas that really matter. I'm sure we'll be ready and I love Mertz toughness and leadership, and I think he'll play good. Outside of a Ugay implosion, I just can't see a UF victory.

UF 19
Ugay 31

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need turnovers, two or three of them, to have any real chance of an upset. Pass rush is the best way. Get after the quarterback, strip the ball, force picks.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
UF 7
UGA 6

Uga takes the 1st possession in for an easy TD but we block the PA and return it for 2 points. We take the next possession and kick a FG.

The rest of the game is scoreless until their QB trips over a "lawn brownie" that their mascot left near the end zone as he's trying to run out the clock causing him to fall just far enough into the end zone for a safety.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Offensive line got some help back this week, but we need to stay onside!!! 3rd and 1 does not need to become 3rd and 6 because we were over-anxious.

Indeed, we have weapons, but our receivers must catch the ball and not hope we tip it to our side. That was remarkable concentration at USCe and I know Billy drew it up that way, but, if we need plays like that, it will be a long afternoon.

We have had great games running the ball and great games passing, but it is time to put it together. It looks like we have a healthy OL so our best game in blocking and protecting is the key to beating the pups.

At the same time, our defense needs to show up! They have been our strength this year, but we need to pressure beck. We let the cats, charlotte and USCe off the hook when we didn't pressure their QB, but pressuring beck must happen. We cannot rely on our offense, like at carolina, against the players uga has on both sides of the ball.

Forget about the rankings, this is our top conference rival and I expect to see the Gators play their best ball so far. Since the pups can only put 11 against our 11, the Gators can win if we play a clean ball game.

Gators 38, the gelded pups 35; thank you Trey!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Anything is possible and I've seen a shytload of crazy stuff when it comes to FL/Ugay. If UF is going to win this game this is how it has to happen:

UF MUST, must play it's cleanest game and best of the year
NO penalties, NO False starts
UF 24.1
GA 24.0
Important point. This is the biggest test and rivalry game we play regular season. OL seems shaky and nervous at times. This is not a game we can win with that demeanor. Said before, staff needs to get them some success early so they settle down. Once the OL feels physically capable of playing against georgia's DL, they can play their game. But that has to happen.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Gators 34
Shyteaters 22

Ja’keem Jackson pick 6 seals it with under 3 minutes to go.

:chomp: :chomp: :chomp:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Too much wishing and hoping in this thread. They say "you are what you put on tape"!

If that's true, if we play our Best game in 3 years and UGA plays their worst game in 3 years,........ we have a chance to steal a victory!

I think the odds of that happening is about 20%....

But, if we do win, I promise to get drunker than a Irishman on St. Paddy's Day and run around the neighborhood naked!!!!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Too much wishing and hoping in this thread. They say "you are what you put on tape"!

If that's true, if we play our Best game in 3 years and UGA plays their worst game in 3 years,........ we have a chance to steal a victory!

But, if we do win, I promise to get drunker than an Irishman on St. Paddy's Day and run around the neighborhood naked!!!!
Really, really, glad I do not live in your neighborhood.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

But, if we do win, I promise to get drunker than a Irishman on St. Paddy's Day and run around the neighborhood naked!!!!
Man, you must really be a treat at parties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator