UF - GA 2023 Predictions

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
FV<k UGAly............... and FV<K Mullen too.

1698488527018.png

Bet he had to choke on that one. AZZHAT!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I just hope the "Dumpers" don't lose their minds if we lose today, no matter the "how we lost". We are supposed to lose today. Winning would be the anomoly when you consider the talent level and experience level across the board. We will have to take chances and risks to pull it off today. That could end up having us pull off a shocker of a win or have us lose by 20+ if those risks don't pay off....the latter being the higher probability.

We can win no doubt, but we are far younger and far more inexperienced. We are still growing and transitioning into a better program, UGA as painful as it is to say has been there for years. We will get there and I hope like hell we beat the hell out of them today. I for one am not going to throw a tantrum if we lose, not matter "the how we lost."

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I just hope the "Dumpers" don't lose their minds if we lose today, no matter the "how we lost". We are supposed to lose today. Winning would be the anomoly when you consider the talent level and experience level across the board. We will have to take chances and risks to pull it off today. That could end up having us pull off a shocker of a win or have us lose by 20+ if those risks don't pay off....the latter being the higher probability.

We can win no doubt, but we are far younger and far more inexperienced. We are still growing and transitioning into a better program, UGA as painful as it is to say has been there for years. We will get there and I hope like hell we beat the hell out of them today. I for one am not going to throw a tantrum if we lose, not matter "the how we lost."
Well…..when you say it like that…. I have zero doubt that whether we win or lose, there will be an even keeled response by the posters here on GC

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Too much wishing and hoping in this thread. They say "you are what you put on tape"!

If that's true, if we play our Best game in 3 years and UGA plays their worst game in 3 years,........ we have a chance to steal a victory!

I think the odds of that happening is about 20%....

But, if we do win, I promise to get drunker than an Irishman on St. Paddy's Day and run around the neighborhood naked!!!!
Well, since we beat the dog piss out of them three years ago I would say this is false.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

The back half of the year schedule is not good for us. And we have a very young team. I think there’s a good shot we don’t win many games the 2nd half of this year. But that does not take away from the amazing rebuilding job in Napier is doing.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, since we beat the dog piss out of them three years ago I would say this is false.
So.... if we play as well as we did three years ago and they play like they did three years ago, we have a chance to win, that makes sense to me...

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
I am so old I remember back in 1957 when then undefeated Oklahoma played Notre Dame on my folks black & white TV in Norman, and The Irish won 7-0 to halt the Okies streak at something like 37 straight games. Nick Petrosante ND's fullback scored the only TD that day.
We are going to beat the butt-sniffers today...God Willing!!!

GO GATORS... :jog:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Just remember something: to our dumpers, the "how we lost" won't matter at all, no matter how much they claim it will. If UF loses by one point in triple overtime, they'll trash Billy relentlessly about losing a close game, and will pick apart some questionable decision they think he made that caused the loss. If we lose big, the "told you so" crap will come out again, despite UF being a 20-point underdog.

The only way to quiet them down is to win. To a few of them, the only way to quiet them down is to win BIG - winning by only a few points, even to the #1 team in the nation, still won't satisfy them. When UF crushed Tennessee, the dumpers were still pissed because UF took their foot off the gas in the second half.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just remember something: to our dumpers, the "how we lost" won't matter at all, no matter how much they claim it will. If UF loses by one point in triple overtime, they'll trash Billy relentlessly about losing a close game, and will pick apart some questionable decision they think he made that caused the loss. If we lose big, the "told you so" crap will come out again, despite UF being a 20-point underdog.

The only way to quiet them down is to win. To a few of them, the only way to quiet them down is to win BIG - winning by only a few points, even to the #1 team in the nation, still won't satisfy them. When UF crushed Tennessee, the dumpers were still pissed because UF took their foot off the gas in the second half.
Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The back half of the year schedule is not good for us. And we have a very young team. I think there’s a good shot we don’t win many games the 2nd half of this year. But that does not take away from the amazing rebuilding job in Napier is doing.

I don’t entirely disagree, but I think we could also conceivably go 4-1 or 3-2 in that stretch, giving us a real shot at 9 wins with a bowl. Today is obviously huge in that regard.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

I remember there used to be this guy that used to post on here whenever someone complained about fans not being rational....I mean I can almost remember his post....something like " who ever said fans are supposed to be rational" yada, yada, yada,....I remember him posting it many times over the years whenever someone complained about the board being too negative.

Jeebus,.....for the life of me I just can't remember who it was...Any ideas?:rotfl:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I remember there used to be this guy that used to post on here whenever someone complained about fans not being rational....I mean I can almost remember his post....something like " who ever said fans are supposed to be rational" yada, yada, yada,....I remember him posting it many times over the years whenever someone complained about the board being too negative.

Jeebus,.....for the life of me I just can't remember who it was...Any ideas?:rotfl:

Probably NOLA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator