Gator Basketball UF loses to Butler 61-54 to drop to 3-3

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Half court dribble for 29 seconds take a bad contested shot offense for the most part

Was unable to watch due to travel, but browsed the thread. And this post by Lee, the bball afficianado is disturbing to read as it appears that Mike's offensive coaching prowess is as strong as ever No player movement, no ball movement, no motion, no off the ball action and 4 guys standing around watching the guy who has the ball. I discern this from reading the thread and then summarized by Lee. I am sad to read this and am sorry that some things have not changed.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm leaning towards the opinion CW is a Leonard Hamilton type. I've posted that before, but the evidence is mounting. And his substitution patterns baffle me. Based on White's history, now that Basset has had a good game, I don't expect to see him for a while.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Half court dribble for 29 seconds take a bad contested shot offense for the most part

Agree Lee, but from what cause ? Perhaps, the teammates aren't streaking back & forth, breaking open to attract the pass, to earn a pass. There's a "rehearsed-practiced rhythm & spirit to it. Lazy players or lazy coaching? I fear the 'naptitude' we see on-court comes from how they practice. Why train this way?

Our guys seem to know nothing about an attacking offense, nothing about bullet passing - rapidly moving the ball around. Lon Kruger was all up & down that court-side shouting instructions, reminders to his players. White sat, watched. That works if you're Duke with coach K. But not when you have goys that need innervating. Now my worry here is that even when these Gators reach their top skill, they won't have the practiced BB-IQ to stay with any tournament teams SEC or March Madness = season-long disappointment. Improved playing comes from improved coaching.?

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I watched the game and most of the guys played like they were half asleep. Hayes got beat time after time on the defensive end, there was no real hustle except in a few spurts and the offense is very stagnant with a lot of one-on-one moves from guys that can't play that way. We were 3-11 from the free throw line, with Stone going 0-4, Allen 0-2 and Nembhard 1-3, including the front end of a 1-1 with 1:40 left and us down by 3. Basset should be starting ahead of Hayes, Locke needs to be on the floor more and Hudson was a non-factor and a defensive liability. Zero rebounds and 4 points. Oklahoma has some good players, but this game was very winnable. UF is deeper than it's been under White, but he's not anywhere near maximizing their potential. The SEC is better and if these guys don;t wake up soon they'll have a losing record. And with this roster and experience that's inexcusable.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Coach White is playing too many players. He needs to pare it down and get eight or so working, practicing and playing as a unit. If someone gets mad and transfers so be it!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This team is gonna face a lot of teams that play better than UF.
Right now, this team ain't worth disgusting.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
You guys are a tough bunch. White has a top 5 class and can't coach , fire him!!
Mullen can coach but has a # 20 class ( so far) fire him!!
EVERYONE SETTLE DOWN

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bummer, hope we can settle into something formidable. Plight of the long season ahead... find that combination before the L's stack up and head cases abound, you ain't nothing if you can't bang in the paint :grin: During the 'lost decade of football', basketball has kind of saved my sports sanity. Roll reversal? I hope not. It is mighty fine times when both programs rocking. Go Gators!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I can't stand this stand around the 3 line offense and do nothing. We were spoiled with Billy D and his off the ball on the ball screens and pick and roll.

I'm watching Marquette with my Dad, a Marquette alum, blow a 9 point lead to Kansas because they have gone cold at the 3 line. We are yelling cut to the basket!

This "offense" is not an offense...freakin dribble drive. I blame Calipari.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our criticism doesn't ask once for White to be fired. (especially with his surge in recruiting) We're bellyaching imagining we could light a fire under White to lead these guys to play each role as a good BBall player integrated into a good team.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
3-11 from free throw.

Three

For

Eleven!!!!!!!

Throw everything else out. Thats the game right there. Zero excuse for that

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
White's shoot-first offensive is the reason we have that top notch recruiting class. Shooters have the green light to launch. Unfortunately, our starters are not yet aware that the season has started. We'll be fine when Allen and Hudson put it together and pull out of their slumps. Definitely taking some lumps early while we figure out the rotations.

It's obvious that some of the younger guys are more naturally talented than some of the older players (Okaru, Hudson, Allen). There's some jitters knowing your time is ending and the guy behind you is better than you? I don't know. Just keep the faith. The season is long. Our depth will benefit us in the long run.

DaRealGayta

Nov 6, 2018
MW needs to stop trying to make us look deep and start ballard c , stokes pf , stone sf, johnson sg, nembhard at point and bring allen and hud off the bench and hayes only need to play 10 min max dude lost and okura can sub at anytime we play to dam slow

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Deep will pay off eventually. He can up the defensive intensity. Shots will begin to fall (more did yesterday). Like born said 3 for 11 was turrible and offensive reb. by Okla. killed us. And still we are right there at the end. Our VERY young PG made some fr. mistakes. He will get better,too. That boy Greek boy we had years ago was better out of the gate than this kid but I am not worried. He looks confident with that PG mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator