UGA Spring Game / Emmitt in full Georgia gear

Does Emmitt Smith's photo of him wearing UGA gear tarnish how you see him?

• Yes

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 48 44.9%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t you. After the fact.

Me? I didn't even know he was trying to "bring all the old greats back into the program" until you told me....And all 3 might be a stretch.......I'm sure they've all marked it on their calendars for next year though......:headslap:

I'm not certain how you're trying to distinguish yourself here, Crete, but I can pretty much assure you it's headed for full fail.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Me? I didn't even know he was trying to "bring all the old greats back into the program" until you told me....And all 3 might be a stretch.......I'm sure they've all marked it on their calendars for next year though......:headslap:
I'm not certain how you're trying to distinguish yourself here, Crete, but I can pretty much assure you it's headed for full fail.[/QUOTE]
All 4 of the greatest Gators live or have family within 100 miles of Gville....One has a office and position there.....and you're telling me it isn't a little strange that none of them were there? Maybe they were and I just didn't see or hear about it(I've watched the game 3 times now).....

Full disclosure 78.....I WANT people on here and fans in general to be realistic in their assessment AND expectations of where this program is right now, where it's heading in the near future(3 years) and the Coach and staff that are leading them there.....People are already making excuses and it's because of peoples reactionary responses and incomplete assessments.....

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not certain how you're trying to distinguish yourself here, Crete, but I can pretty much assure you it's headed for full fail.
All 4 of the greatest Gators live or have family within a mile of Gville....One has a office and position there.....and you're telling me it isn't a little strange that none of them were there? Maybe they were and I just didn't see or hear about it(I've watched the game 3 times now).....

Full disclosure 78.....I WANT people on here and fans in general to be realistic in their assessment AND expectations of where this program is right now, where it's heading in the near future(3 years) and the Coach and staff that are leading them there.....People are already making excuses and it's because of peoples reactionary responses and incomplete assessments.....

You've become predictably redundant and frankly a bit of a drag to be around. You're an insightful guy but you've almost turned the questioning attitude into a one-man crusade.

We all know it's an uphill road. No need to remind us on a daily basis.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Thread title is misleading. A hat is not "full Georgia gear"! Probably took it off as soon as the shutter closed...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's been really bad here too, Buddy......I've got nowhere to go to watch real CFB anymore.....
Almost every team in the SEC plays run the clock out football. You should be like a pig in slop.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Every recruit or parents of recruits gets gear from every school they visit. I'm sure there's pics of Tim wearing Bama gear or whatever. Who cares? I never really thought Emmitt was loyal to UF anyways. This doesn't change anything. His son EJ is still probably ending up here. I would be glad to have him on the team. Hopefully he ends up being a serviceable player. He plays in the Dallas area. I watched some of his tape. I don't like saying bad things about high school kids. But I will say i hope he ends up being a good player if he comes here. He just has some work to do. He looks like he's got good vision. Like his dad. I just think he's not super quick out of his cuts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"Can you imagine Spurrier doing something like that?":facepalm:
WWWWAAAAIITTT just a second there fellas......wasn't it just last week both of you told me that Mullen was bringing alllllll the old Gator greats back around the program(which everyone says everytime we hire a new coach btw)....:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I guess SOS being in Columbia 2 weeks ago attempting to catch a pass in the end zone bothers you less than a recruits father wearing another schools gear?( for the record it looks like sh!t on anyone)......And SOS wasn't even AT OUR Spring game that I know of anyway???? Was Danny or Timmy there either? Because if not those would be considered the 4 greatest Gators of all time,DW, TT, SOS, and Emmitt....right? Did he whiff on all of them?

If nothing else this just yells me that Emmitt's son must not be all that good because as you all know.....:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:......wait for it..........:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:....All together now,,,,,,,:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:We are getting all the good guys next year.
I forced myself to read this 3 times and I'm still not sure what you're trying to say. Were the Heisman guys spotted in rival clothing lately, too?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Every recruit or parents of recruits gets gear from every school they visit. I'm sure there's pics of Tim wearing Bama gear or whatever. Who cares?
Is Emmitt getting recruited? :crazy: We're talking about HIM, not his son.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I forced myself to read this 3 times and I'm still not sure what you're trying to say. Were the Heisman guys spotted in rival clothing lately, too?
The bigger question is why wasn't Emmitt and the others or at least some of them at OUR Spring game?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The bigger question is why wasn't Emmitt and the others or at least some of them at OUR Spring game?
An even bigger question is why does it matter so much to you?

They're all busy guys with thick skeds. I read nothing negative into them not being here. They're always supportive of the program.

Why did you?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
An even bigger question is why does it matter so much to you?

They're all busy guys with thick skeds. I read nothing negative into them not being here. They're always supportive of the program.

Why did you?
I'm still not sure that none of them were there? If one or more of them were then it's really a moot point with me. But I was told last week in a thread that Mullen was bringing all the old greats back around the program??? Right?
SOS has an office and position at UF, right? Or am I mistaken on this? I find it funny he made it to the USCe spring game as a celebrity but wasn't even involved in ours....:scratchhead:.
Maybe he's not a fan of the new Duck,Duck, Goose offense.....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still not sure that none of them were there? If one or more of them were then it's really a moot point with me. But I was told last week in a thread that Mullen was bringing all the old greats back around the program??? Right?
SOS has an office and position at UF, right? Or am I mistaken on this? I find it funny he made it to the USCe spring game as a celebrity but wasn't even involved in ours....:scratchhead:.
Maybe he's not a fan of the new Duck,Duck, Goose offense.....
I believe I said he was welcoming them back. I made no attempt to frame it as everyone who matters. You're trying to a create an argument out of a deliberate distortion of fact.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why do I even bother debating Crete? They don't call him that for nothing. The noggin'.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I believe I said he was welcoming them back. I made no attempt to frame it as everyone who matters. You're trying to make an argument out of a deliberate distortion of fact.
I questioned the intent and functionality of the spring game last Saturday and was told that it was all good because it's just a practice at the stadium.....which btw is known as SOS Field :facepalm:.....and it's OK because all the old greats were being welcomed back....My problem is the same as it was after NSD when I simply commented that 18th is not really setting the world on fire in recruiting at UF to which I was told I didn't know what I was talking about and that it didn't matter that 4 other programs with new coaches finished better even though they were at lessor schools for recruiting that UF.....Then I heard that we were waiting till next year to get all the good guys:lmao:.....

It just never stops sometimes.....We counted :deadnanner:fake TD'S and celebrity TD's because it was points that make the fans happy and Duck, Duck, Goose is important to show recruits UF is a fun place to play......:headslap:When does the excuse making stop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.