UPDATE: JC Jackson formally charged

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n249789 said:
Jackson is the only one charged. I'm thinking the other 2 actual gun-toting robbers have not been identified ?
The robbers gained entry to the apartment, apparently, because they knew the front-man Jackson. The apt was
known by all involved to be a marijuana dealer, so they knew cash would be there.

So, it seems Jackson may not be identifying his armed robbery cohorts… or has, but police cannot locate them.
Jackson threw away, at minimum, a free college degree, or worse, an NFL career, for a chance at a third of $328.??

So, three known marijuana dealers are going to court and testify under cross-examination?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n250081 said:
Hopefully other somewhat shady past players on the team get the wake up call from seeing what went down with JC and decide to straighten out their lives.

You think the coddled prima donnas that have had everything covered for them since 12 years of age will learn? not likely

Dec 10, 2014
Gatordiddy;n250016 said:
I've seen plenty of '48 Hours' episodes where the person who set up the 'deal gone bad' was charged the same as the actual perps - even life in prison.
doesn't matter if he went in or not really - he was involved.

It's called the "Principal" theory. If you are a lookout to a bank robbery, you get charged the same.

Wait until you see a case where two thugs go in and commit an armed robbery and the victim fights back and kills one of the thugs. Living thug gets charged with murder under the "Felony Murder Rule"

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LagoonGator68;n250216 said:
So, three known marijuana dealers are going to court and testify under cross-examination?

"I...I..I didn't exhale..?"

tumblr_lj9pkq3NMN1qbce2uo1_500.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n249971 said:
Just saying most lawyers wont lie that bad about what is in black and white in a police report and usually just spin what is in there real bad.

:lmao:

Fev, you kill me, straight up kill me! :lol:

First, you just totally contradicted yourself; spinning statements "real bad" is what's more accurately referred to as lying. :)

Second, you claimed that you were duped because the lawyer's initial statement was something about him not even being in the house at the time or possibly never even having been there at all and that it was justified to accept this as fact because layers dont lie much about what's written in a police report... or something. Are you serious??? There's info in police reports written every day that lawyers emphatically deny and state is patently false, everyday! Unless a cop is there to witness a crime going down, a police report is just a statement of what he observed once on scene and statements from victims or witnesses if there were any. Even if a cop was there to witness the entire event, a defense lawyer will still claim the report is false down to the sentence structure it's written in if he thinks it will help his client somehow.

The kid, at best, was involved in helping plan and/or commit a crime. And his lawyer swearing he wasnt present or involved in any way shape or form isn't gonna change that :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@ThomasGoldkamp: According to Alachua County court records, J.C. Jackson has a court date scheduled for Sept. 9 at 2 p.m.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n250216 said:
Yes, I'm sure the prosecutor is thrilled at the prospect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.