UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is almost the funniest thing I have ever read on a UF message board. We are where we are now because Ron Zook sold his soul and the UF program to the Leak family. Talk about non-SEC caliber QBs. I believe Leak was the only full time starting UF QB from Kyle Morris to now not to be drafted.

Of course Leak was highly rated by the star guys. UF had a head coach who some who don't understand that player evaluation is part of recruiting think was a great recruiter. So UF got stuck with the likes of Leak.

So sure hope for another repeat of the Zook/Leak fiasco. Maybe UF football can spend another decade in the wilderness. I guess that is what you want.

There are, finally, several excellent early-onset memory loss medications on the market. You should check it out.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gotta agree with donk on this one. While Leak may not be the best or flashiest QB to ever put on a uniform, it's pretty difficult to pretend like he wasn't any good.
Kid worked hard and it showed on the field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine if Leak had SOS as the playcaller. Hell, imagine if he had been allowed to throw in 2005 and 2006 like he was in the NC game. We COULD HAVE SCORED 40-50 points against everyone instead of wasting series after series after series trying to run Notre Dame's old option.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is almost the funniest thing I have ever read on a UF message board. We are where we are now because Ron Zook sold his soul and the UF program to the Leak family. Talk about non-SEC caliber QBs. I believe Leak was the only full time starting UF QB from Kyle Morris to now not to be drafted.

Of course Leak was highly rated by the star guys. UF had a head coach who some who don't understand that player evaluation is part of recruiting think was a great recruiter. So UF got stuck with the likes of Leak.

So sure hope for another repeat of the Zook/Leak fiasco. Maybe UF football can spend another decade in the wilderness. I guess that is what you want.
What dafuq are you talking about?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Ok, not trying to derail the thread, but this is good and seems like a hundred years ago.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
S

This should go down as the dumbest thing ever posted on a message board....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Chris carved up OSU like a butcher. He had just the right touch. I loved the camera scans of the Buckeye fans when time & time again on 3rd & 15+ he'd complete those 1st downs. Wish we had a Chris Leak clone right now.

Last edited:

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Leak was completely dedicated. He spent hours in the film room. His work ethic was unbelievable. He said he wasn't going to have a girlfriend until he won a National Championship. Compare his attitude with Grier's.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy to use that Leak wasn't drafted for the argument as plenty of good college QBs didn't get drafted due to physical attributes. Heck Driskel was terrible against legit college competition and even got picked up after being terrible in NFL camp also just because of his physical traits and nothing to do with his actual performance in camp and pre-season games.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Back to that most enjoyable work of art: UF v OSU in the NCG. As Chris flawlessly marched the his Gators, I remember the announcer bragging about Chris's CFB-life, 3 different OC systems, just before admiring that Chris was 9 for 9 in passing so far. That game was over for OSU fans by mid-3rd Q. The camera scans of the OSU crowd when it was 3rd & long that late in the game, you could tell "they" knew Chris was gonna get that first down. Chris commitedno discipline problems. He was a quiet confident calm leader of that National Championship team... oh yeah, Ted Ginn ran the opening KO back to a TD. :woohoo:

When I need a Gator "pick me up" I pull this game up on You Tube and enjoy the perfection again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.