UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This is almost the funniest thing I have ever read on a UF message board. We are where we are now because Ron Zook sold his soul and the UF program to the Leak family. Talk about non-SEC caliber QBs. I believe Leak was the only full time starting UF QB from Kyle Morris to now not to be drafted.

Of course Leak was highly rated by the star guys. UF had a head coach who some who don't understand that player evaluation is part of recruiting think was a great recruiter. So UF got stuck with the likes of Leak.

So sure hope for another repeat of the Zook/Leak fiasco. Maybe UF football can spend another decade in the wilderness. I guess that is what you want.
Are you stoned? We've already spent another Decade in the wilderness. If this staff had Chris We'd of won at least one NC with him here in these last 4 years. He's a top 10 SEC QB. He holds a bunch of UF records.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would feel like the best player will play and that I can probably come in and earn the spot. PT should be earned not given because of time in the system.

Yes because that is how the prima donna kids think, a coach tells me I should be ready to go, but actively goes after another one year band aid. Tebow in 2007 was our last 3000 yard passing season, the kids we are recruiting were 5-7 years old when that season happened.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This is almost the funniest thing I have ever read on a UF message board. We are where we are now because Ron Zook sold his soul and the UF program to the Leak family. Talk about non-SEC caliber QBs. I believe Leak was the only full time starting UF QB from Kyle Morris to now not to be drafted.

Of course Leak was highly rated by the star guys. UF had a head coach who some who don't understand that player evaluation is part of recruiting think was a great recruiter. So UF got stuck with the likes of Leak.

So sure hope for another repeat of the Zook/Leak fiasco. Maybe UF football can spend another decade in the wilderness. I guess that is what you want.

So the leading passer in UF history & an SEC/NC championship winner wasn't SEC caliber? You make him sound like Trent Dilfer or Buck Belue. He wasn't NFL caliber but he was an effective & accomplished college QB.

His acceptance of sharing time with Tebow showed great leadership and both were critical to the NC in 2006. His run vs. Bama was pivotal and his passing in the NC game was superb.

We could have an interesting "what if" debate about what might have been had Ingle Martin stuck around to be coached by Meyer. He struck me as an Alex Smith type.

Leak has gotten some disturbing accusations recently but I'm not sure how any of that panned out.

But you're way off pinning the Zooker's woes on Leak. SOS's last few classes were crappy, Zook tried to plug gaps with JuCo mediocrity & buddied up to players too much.

The program imploded when Meyer imploded & allowed freshman prima donnas to hold sway in the locker room, and he failed to recruit/develop Tebow's successors. And who knows what was really going on behind the scenes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So the leading passer in UF history & an SEC/NC championship winner wasn't SEC caliber? You make him sound like Trent Dilfer or Buck Belue. He wasn't NFL caliber but he was an effective & accomplished college QB.

His acceptance of sharing time with Tebow showed great leadership and both were critical to the NC in 2006. His run vs. Bama was pivotal and his passing in the NC game was superb.

We could have an interesting "what if" debate about what might have been had Ingle Martin stuck around to be coached by Meyer. He struck me as an Alex Smith type.

Leak has gotten some disturbing accusations recently but I'm not sure how any of that panned out.

But you're way off pinning the Zooker's woes on Leak. SOS's last few classes were crappy, Zook tried to plug gaps with JuCo mediocrity & buddied up to players too much.

The program imploded when Meyer imploded & allowed freshman prima donnas to hold sway in the locker room, and he failed to recruit/develop Tebow's successors. And who knows what was really going on behind the scenes.

I may be wrong about this, but I think Ingle Martin is actually a poster on here. I think he has posted a couple times.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Either didn't recruit a true successor or didn't get a real OC to develop the quarterbacks he had on the roster. Addazio running the option with Brantley?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The program imploded when Meyer imploded & allowed punk thug gangster wannabe trash to hold sway in the locker room,
FIFY.

It's very clear who were the pieces of shyt in the Pounceys and Hernandez vs. Easley and Floyd problem.

0140.jpg

You can throw Chris Time to Die Rainey in that POS pile also.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Zook was just a terrible coach. I would sit there in agony watching him make absolutely mindless decisions. I'm not normally a yeller, but I lost it watching him throw away games. That and the fact that half the time the team couldn't get out of its own way. And then there were the press conferences. It was always a joy to listen to someone rattle off at a mile a minute and never make a lick of sense. I don't even think he knew what a midline was.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Zook was just a terrible coach. I would sit there in agony watching him make absolutely mindless decisions. I'm not normally a yeller, but I lost it watching him throw away games. That and the fact that half the time the team couldn't get out of its own way. And then there were the press conferences. It was always a joy to listen to someone rattle off at a mile a minute and never make a lick of sense. I don't even think he knew what a midline was.

Chump was way worse....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zook was just a terrible coach. I would sit there in agony watching him make absolutely mindless decisions.
I will say that Zook did and Butters does also have that "what the actual fvkk am I doing here" look down perfectly.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We have shown that blue chip quarterbacks can flourish here the last decade?
I don't know what the last decade has to do with anything other than from a historical perspective. The last two years are the only thing that's relevant to a kid signing today so the question would be have we shown that blue-chip QBs can flourish here in the last two years?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This. You couldsee Zook's mind mentally working to lose games in real time. Chump lost because of his TOP hang on until the last series philosophy.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll rank em as I see em:
1) SOS
2) Urbs
3) Zook
4) Does it really matter?

Ray Graves matters. He was close a number of times, and he got Spurrier here. Take Zook down to 10)

I haven't read through this God awful long thread. Did Zaire register?

Last edited:

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Yes because that is how the prima donna kids think, a coach tells me I should be ready to go, but actively goes after another one year band aid. Tebow in 2007 was our last 3000 yard passing season, the kids we are recruiting were 5-7 years old when that season happened.

With that line of thinking why should we recruit at all? Hopefully all the high school recruits on campus do not make the the actual players on the team quit.

I think all kids, even the prima donnas, realize the best players and hardest working make the line up. That is basic competition at its finest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.