UPDATED: Post-to-Like Ratio: Where do you stand?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to be green!

:jerkit:

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be good to have a judgement called "not unlike" - that's "not unlike" a wonderful post.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
who gets "quoted" the most?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't have the time to post very often. I pledge to get better and better!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys don't have time to post? You don't have phones? Hell, you can glance at the app during time you are waiting for lunch or whatever.

Do you really want me posting in every damn thread?

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Damn you to Hell for raising the minimum!!

Ox:

I make a motion that, the next time you update the post-to-like stats, you revert to the original requirements.

Raising the limits as you did does two bad things:
(1) it just encourages posting to get the numbers of postings up, and lord knows we all have to wade through enough pointless garbage already, and
(2) it disadvantages relatively new arrivals from being celebrated for their contributions.

respectfully,
etc etc etc

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I just don't have the time to post very often. I pledge to get better and better!
Everybody just needs to go ahead an make the promise.

I GatorTAG promise you one thing. A lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any poster in the entire Gator Nation post as hard as I will post the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the posters as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You will never see a forum post harder than we will the rest of the season.
God Bless

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I GatorTAG promise you one thing. A lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any poster in the entire Gator Nation post as hard as I will post the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the posters as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You will never see a forum post harder than we will the rest of the season.
God Bless

Statue coming soon....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

God Bless

I would "like" that if it wasn't such an obvious and shameless attempt to grab some cheap "likes."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox:

I make a motion that, the next time you update the post-to-like stats, you revert to the original requirements.

Raising the limits as you did does two bad things:
(1) it just encourages posting to get the numbers of postings up, and lord knows we all have to wade through enough pointless garbage already, and
(2) it disadvantages relatively new arrivals from being celebrated for their contributions.

respectfully,
etc etc etc
The point is to get people to post more, like you Yankee. Step it up.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
... I know I have a fairly large disparity simply because I barely read any of the threads most of the time. If the title doesn't interest me, I'm not opening it. And I mostly don't come here often during the offseason.
Says the guy with nearly 6,000 posts...

(a) You MUST find a lot of titles interesting
(b) You MUST take the "in-season" off from work to manage nearly 6,000 posts in such a short window

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have 2302 likes, given 5752 likes. 0.40 likes received for every 1 given.
I'm cutting all of you off.
I'm getting robbed.
:shakehead:

You sound like my wife. It's like she expects me to spend as much time giving as receiving... AS IF !

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator