UPDATED: Post-to-Like Ratio: Where do you stand?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
(Hmmm....dropping down a bit)

I'd like to take this time to announce that I am the proud papa of new baby boy!!! He's currently swaddled in his Gator blanket and I've already got him enrolled at UF for the class of '34!!!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Are you going to post the dislike rankings as well?

This. And perhaps if there is a way to determine who gives out the most likes/dislikes? So we know who is the softest and mushiest about easily revealing their emotions with a click.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
According to my records you were NOT on the last list.

maury.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This. And perhaps if there is a way to determine who gives out the most likes/dislikes? So we know who is the softest and mushiest about easily revealing their emotions with a click.

You can click on any profile and look. Trex has the most I can find with 55. Law has 54 and has given out 136.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How dare you, Ox.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's already been revealed that Nav made up that whole thing about a new grandson, complete with stealing photos off the web to make it look real. It was a huge likes scam.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We should figure out the largest disparity in likes received and likes given so we can see who isn't so generous.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We should figure out the largest disparity in likes received and likes given so we can see who isn't so generous.
Then we should obviously go into advanced statistics like likes given per thread views and like uniqueness (liking posts that few other posters like).

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
:blahblah:
Yall worry too much about other poster's opinion's...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
PIF isn't a liberal, so there goes that conspiracy theory.
I did not say solely liberal... look at the majority.. PIF is not well liked by most in the PF.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think that Law gives out the most dislikes.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I did not say solely liberal... look at the majority.. PIF is not well liked by most in the PF.

It's not that.

The reason so many PF posters are in the bottom is because we post a lot in a forum where we're the only ones around. There's what, about a dozen of us that post there regularly? Let's be generous and say 2 dozen. Of that number, generally half will agree with you and half will disagree. So at best you might get 12 likes on a truly outstanding post. You're lucky if you get 1 or 2. Plus, we post there A LOT. Look at the top 10. Half have under 160 total posts and I'm the most prolific poster there (barely making the cut at number 10) with 2,990 posts. Look at the bottom 10. The lowest number of posts is 3,409 with half having over 8,000 posts. Posting a lot drives down your ratio. We might post 10 times in a single thread. That's generally not going to get you 5 likes.

In the main forum, you've got two or three times as many regular posters and they ALL love UF and hate FSU. A truly outstanding post could garner over a hundred likes. If you're lucky, you'll break 20.

The only reason I'm in the top 10 (barely) is because of a few posts in the main forum that got double digit likes.

URG is a good poster. So are you, so is Coach, so is L-Boy, etc. All the PF posters aren't at the bottom of the list because people don't "like" you. It's just the nature of where we post and how we post there.

I bet if you just looked at posts in the main forum, the denizens of the PF wouldn't be ranked so low.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.