"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man the Weed was sweet!

ccsdk

True Gator
Nov 12, 2017
You are what your record says you are...we went through this when Mac was hired. All we heard was if he can win ten at CSU wait till he gets to UF.

Excuse away.
He had a good QB there. He never had a QB here, cept for Greer which he pissed away. Arrogant stubborn loser!

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Yeah, good thing they play crappy Alabama instead of elite FSU every year, otherwise his record would have been really bad! ;)

So, they play Alabama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Kentucky every year, plus 1 extra SEC East team, plus 4 cupcakes.
Florida plays Georgia, Tennessee, USCe, Missouri, Kentucky, Vandy, and LSU every year, plus FSU & 1 extra SEC West team, plus (usually) 3 cupcakes.

So by your approach, Florida should also have at least 5 games a year which are pretty much auto-wins. I don't really see how Florida's schedule is actually harder than Miss St's in a typical year. In fact, getting 8 wins at Florida should be easier than at Miss St, when you factor in the increased talent that UF can draw relative to most of the teams on our schedule -- not a luxury available to Miss St.

Edit: Also, you say "Kentucky is pretty much a win." Er, not for Miss St. In the 9 years before Mullen, MSU was 4-5 against UK, and they were 9-8 between 1992-2008. Under Mullen, MSU was 8-1 against UK. So... Kentucky being an "auto-win" for MSU was all Mullen.
Yes we drew so much talent while Mac was here, it showed on the field as well. We are fielding some of the worse talent I've ever seen at UF. We have no idea whether or not Mullen will be able to get recruiting back on track so it's very possible that he's only able to recruit at the same level as Mac did. I'm not saying that he will im just saying its possible. It's also possible that he's able to kill it on the trail, he got to a "great" start with his 1st commit of his tenure at UF a 3* OT. So far it's right on par with Mac. I would like to point out that I think he's a step up from Mac but it's only a few steps not a leap.

I think there is only one way he makes it work at UF and that's by surrounding himself by at least 4 elite recruiters or more. I think he's an average coach and should have never of been on the list to begin with. There is a reason no elite schools came running after him during his 9 years at MSU they all seen what Strickland did not... an average coach period.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
If DM can hold onto the bulk of the 18 and 19 class and add to it...then maintain that level of recruiting moving forward we should have some really good talent flowing through the system over the next few years. I think he has some good recruiters on the staff.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If DM can hold onto the bulk of the 18 and 19 class and add to it...then maintain that level of recruiting moving forward we should have some really good talent flowing through the system over the next few years. I think he has some good recruiters on the staff.

If you’ve got people able to sell MSU to players with options to better schools, then they’ve got to be pretty good. Hopefully he keeps them.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yes we drew so much talent while Mac was here, it showed on the field as well. We are fielding some of the worse talent I've ever seen at UF. We have no idea whether or not Mullen will be able to get recruiting back on track so it's very possible that he's only able to recruit at the same level as Mac did. I'm not saying that he will im just saying its possible. It's also possible that he's able to kill it on the trail, he got to a "great" start with his 1st commit of his tenure at UF a 3* OT. So far it's right on par with Mac. I would like to point out that I think he's a step up from Mac but it's only a few steps not a leap.

I think there is only one way he makes it work at UF and that's by surrounding himself by at least 4 elite recruiters or more. I think he's an average coach and should have never of been on the list to begin with. There is a reason no elite schools came running after him during his 9 years at MSU they all seen what Strickland did not... an average coach period.
Agree, Mullen needs to kill it recruiting to succeed. What Mullen needs to learn from mac is you can't wait until your 3rd class and use excuses to get recruiting going. The Ironic thing for Mac was it looked like based on verbals he was finally getting the job done recruiting for 2018 and 2019, but it was too late because his first couple classes sucked.

Mullen actually has an advantage in that the staff had us set up for a good group for 2018. He needs to hold it together and add to it, but considering the coaching change, he is actually set up pretty well. And 2019 HAS to be top 5 minimum. That's the class that will most likely make or break Mullen's future at UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator