Urban buzz

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not saying we hired Meyer. I doubt Mullen is winning us a National Championship. Just saying it felt like when we hired Meyer.
This is the second or third time I've read this "he won't win a Championship...." If you feel that way then you should want him and Strick fired tomorrow. He better compete for championships or GTFO.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Miss St is not like UF who plays FSU every year. They have 4 legit cupcakes year after year so to win 8 games a year means winning 4 games of the remaining 8. Factor in their cross rival is Kentucky which is pretty much a win as well and your down to winning 3 games a year to get to 8 wins. So getting 8 wins don't seem to hard when 5 games a year are pretty much marked as W in the off season.

My main concern is the fact that when he does manage to beat the Auburn, LSU, UF, TN of the world are years they were really down. The fact that he's only beat 2 teams with winning SEC records in 9 years should scare you. Mark Stoops has more wins against teams with winning SEC records your telling me that players go there quicker than Miss St? Id say it's about the same and Mark Stoops is considered a joke by most.

I'll admit I'm not this wagon at all right now and i may never get on just as I never did with Mac. It's gonna take a few really good recruiting classes (top 5) and a couple 10 win seasons before I start believing in a coach that has a losing record in the SEC

If all he does is bring all the same coaches and runs all the same offensive and defensive schemes thinking the difference in recruiting is the only change needed, he is doomed to fail and will have the same or a very similar record here that he did in S-ville.

This is his big break and his chance to re-invent himself. My worry is that he is incapable of self-evaluation due to his arrogance. SOS was always called cocky because of his confidence in knowing he had a superior scheme and ability to teach it, and because of the quips he made about our rivals, but he never made people around him feel like he thought he was better than them. He was also smart enough to be open to change even when things were good, but he knew they could be better (Stoops for instance).

Mullen strikes me as possibly pathologically egotistical which of course is actually misplaced deep insecurity and makes one incapable of honest introspection. Hopefully I'm wrong and he realizes this is his big chance and is asking himself (or someone is in his ear) "okay, reality check, despite some success, things didn't go nearly as well as I had hoped at MSU but this is the bigtime. What do I need to do different this time to take this back to a championship quality program?".

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Put down the pipe crackhead. There is a reason no one hired him for the last nine years.
I bet you wake up on Christmas morning in Whoville and say "Now where did I hide all those toy and gifts?"
youtube-amazoncom-mayor-of-whoville-who-wig-and-amazoncom-how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-whos-hair-mayor-of-whoville-who-wig-and.jpg

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I guess I should have investigated a little more before I spoke, he didn't always beat the cupcake schools, he lost to South Alabama, and Houston. So he can't even beat all the teams you should never lose to. What a joke of a hire Strickland made

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Miss St is not like UF who plays FSU every year. They have 4 legit cupcakes year after year so to win 8 games a year means winning 4 games of the remaining 8. Factor in their cross rival is Kentucky which is pretty much a win as well and your down to winning 3 games a year to get to 8 wins. So getting 8 wins don't seem to hard when 5 games a year are pretty much marked as W in the off season.

My main concern is the fact that when he does manage to beat the Auburn, LSU, UF, TN of the world are years they were really down. The fact that he's only beat 2 teams with winning SEC records in 9 years should scare you. Mark Stoops has more wins against teams with winning SEC records your telling me that players go there quicker than Miss St? Id say it's about the same and Mark Stoops is considered a joke by most.

I'll admit I'm not this wagon at all right now and i may never get on just as I never did with Mac. It's gonna take a few really good recruiting classes (top 5) and a couple 10 win seasons before I start believing in a coach that has a losing record in the SEC
You wanna trade f$u, uga, tinerc for Bama, Auburn, aTm?

Last edited:

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Can't you guys show some faith in this coach? My goodness be excited that Mac is gone and the potential for a great run is there. I wholeheartedly believe we can get a NC in the next 3 years. Go Gators!!

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014

Damn, this post is sobering. Especially that first paragraph

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is one of the reasons I'm the way I am.

Like when we hired Meyer? Will you pumpers police your own.

I don’t see the difference...

We hired Meyer when he was the most coveted coach in the country and he choose us over his “dream” school ND.

Mullen was our third choice and was waiting on us so he didn’t have to deal with Tenn

Yep... feels the same...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t see the difference...

We hired Meyer when he was the most coveted coach in the country and he choose us over his “dream” school ND.

Mullen was our third choice and was waiting on us so he didn’t have to deal with Tenn

Yep... feels the same...

I don't even mind the pumping. It's the over the top stuff that I just don't understand. It's like they have to justify the hire in their own minds so they go overboard with his non-accomplishments. Crazy.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I see you choose to live as a negative Nancy. Grow some balls we're fixing to get on it son!
How about you grow some balls and have a real opinion on the situation instead of looking at it through your O&B glasses. And did you ever think that were not being negative Nancy and were legit concerned about the direction of our program. I bet you said the same crap to people 3 years ago when they worried about the Mac hire. "We'e fixing to get on it son er er."

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I don't understand how anybody can see this as anything but a home run hire. He won 8 games a year at freaking Mississippi State!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been terrible on offense since the day he left! The most prolific offense in our history was his. You guys are nuts.

Will you be satisfied with winning 8 games a year here? Just because he's at UF he's suddenly not an 8 win/year coach?

This is the second or third time I've read this "he won't win a Championship...." If you feel that way than you should want him and Strick fired tomorrow. He better compete for championships or GTFO.

Especially for $6M...the only coaches in that neighborhood are named Dabo, Urban, and Nick and they win 11 games a year and compete for NC's.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Got to get The Swamp mystique back. Defend the home turf, and that is 7 wins. Find a way to steal two on the road from the group of UT, MSU, Vandy, UGA, and FSU, and you sit at 9-3.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You are what your record says you are...we went through this when Mac was hired. All we heard was if he can win ten at CSU wait till he gets to UF.

Excuse away.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

Yeah, good thing they play crappy Alabama instead of elite FSU every year, otherwise his record would have been really bad! ;)

So, they play Alabama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Kentucky every year, plus 1 extra SEC East team, plus 4 cupcakes.
Florida plays Georgia, Tennessee, USCe, Missouri, Kentucky, Vandy, and LSU every year, plus FSU & 1 extra SEC West team, plus (usually) 3 cupcakes.

So by your approach, Florida should also have at least 5 games a year which are pretty much auto-wins. I don't really see how Florida's schedule is actually harder than Miss St's in a typical year. In fact, getting 8 wins at Florida should be easier than at Miss St, when you factor in the increased talent that UF can draw relative to most of the teams on our schedule -- not a luxury available to Miss St.

Edit: Also, you say "Kentucky is pretty much a win." Er, not for Miss St. In the 9 years before Mullen, MSU was 4-5 against UK, and they were 9-8 between 1992-2008. Under Mullen, MSU was 8-1 against UK. So... Kentucky being an "auto-win" for MSU was all Mullen.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You are what your record says your are:
Spurrier had a 65% winning record when he got here
Mullen has a 66% winning record
:dunno:
Platitudes are fun.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is the second or third time I've read this "he won't win a Championship...." If you feel that way than you should want him and Strick fired tomorrow. He better compete for championships or GTFO.
This times infinity. I just don't get the pumping. It's amazing how far we've dropped in our expectations, at least most of us. Weeks ago, when Butters met his fate, I doubt one person actually wanted Mullen. Now, it's open acknowledgement that we probably won't compete for championships but at least we aren't Tennessee. :rolleyes3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.