Urban Meyer interview

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Urban is never going to coach the Gators again. He has said in every interview he will never coach college football again with all the new rules, NIL, and the portal. He wants nothing to do with it.
Just like he said he'd never coach in the NFL.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Funny coming from you, a guy who always HATED Urban Meyer and mocked me over and over and over when I defended him for years after he left. Now you suddenly love him?

You guys really think I would give two sh!ts if Billy was fired tomorrow? I wouldn't.
Love ya Ox, but we all know the day Billy is fired we're going to see you on the news barricaded in the AD office with you holding Stricklin hostage demanding the immediate reinstatement of Billy and the football team renamed the UF "Napiers"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Love ya Ox, but we all know the day Billy is fired we're going to see you on the news barricaded in the AD office with you holding Stricklin hostage demanding the immediate reinstatement of Billy and the football team renamed the UF "Napiers"
This is dumb, even for you.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
He sought and capitalized on momentum swings. In all three phases of the game.
"Plan to win"

The four main staples of Urban's mandate for success and his organizational schematic -- his bible of football coaching -- are:

1. Play great defense
2. Turnovers (all coaches are required to teach ball security the same way)
3. Score in the red zone
4. Win the kicking game

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I appreciate Meyer’s regret about how his tenure at UF ended. I’m sure he regrets how it ended at OSU, too. The main question I had when he came was whether he could sustain excellence over a long time. He didn’t. He burns hot for awhile, then burns out.

I’d take a wiser Meyer back in a heartbeat. But with succession planning in mind.

A wiser Billy would hire an OC and put his personal focus on special teams. He could still have 2 OL coaches if, like under Meyer, one coached the edges - the OTs and the TEs. He’d bring Greg Matteson or Bob Stoops in to consult with Armstrong. He’d pull a retired successful HC like Meyer and/or SOS in to review his own performance in all phases.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
''I'll stand up and fight anybody right now''..That's a man. Can anyone imagine Billy ever saying anything like that? Not a chance. He's got the heart of a cockroach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Urban is never going to coach the Gators again. He has said in every interview he will never coach college football again with all the new rules, NIL, and the portal. He wants nothing to do with it.

At this point I would hope we'd all know not to believe any of Meyer's diversions about his future plans. He's doing as he's done many times before, laying low, gathering energy, assessing the opportunities. And you know they will come. Aside from Saban, who's approaching ancient, Meyer remains the best pure coach in the game.

First things first. Stricklin has to go.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We're both Gators. We both know of many non-Gators who think SOS is a huge prick. It depends on who's being the prick and how they do it. I met Spurrier once, on assignment, and came away thinking he was pretty adept at being a prick, but different than Meyer. He exuded an indifferent air, an arrogance. I suppose Meyer can be both, but I've never met him in person.
I think they are both Pricks! That’s the kinda of ego and attitude that wins!

Examples of other winning Pricks.
Saban: He’s definitely a prick
Kirby: total prick
Jimbo. Dumb Prick but still a prick.
Harbaugh: strange Prick
Kiffin: total prick

I swear all coaches that win are pricks.

Gators need that Prick as a coach. Go Gators!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
''I'll stand up and fight anybody right now''..That's a man. Can anyone imagine Billy ever saying anything like that? Not a chance. He's got the heart of a cockroach.

I don't know about that. I've got a few roaches around my house that won't give up.

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
I don't think so either, but Donkey just loves to stir the pot.
fun dreamworks GIF

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think they are both Pricks! That’s the kinda of ego and attitude that wins!

Examples of other winning Pricks.
Saban: He’s definitely a prick
Kirby: total prick
Jimbo. Dumb Prick but still a prick.
Harbaugh: strange Prick
Kiffin: total prick

I swear all coaches that win are pricks.

Gators need that Prick as a coach. Go Gators!
i think you left out the most obvious one......and most loved........

Detroitgator

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Real Women
Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
False! Danny was hung up on thumb wrestling. He wasn't a fighter.
and stadium steps... don't forget the stadium steps... he'll kick your ass on both!

They're both talkers. Dan is a wide eyed clown talker, but Urbs is that bitch talker who does it when he's got 8 buddies with him or is in a position of unassailable power... like the whole practice field incident with the reporter.

I hate guys like that... they're the kind you drill after "I'll kick your..." leaves their bitch lips.

Everyone callin' Billy a snake oil salesman... well, maybe so, but I think he believes it and has only pulled it off once so far in his career (with us). You guys are swallowing Urbs load for the 3rd or 4th time now... I can't keep up.

But sure, hire him tomorrow, why not.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
He was the most unpopular member at the club amongst the staff or other members....thank god he was hardly ever there.....but if he could keep you from eating frozen pizzas and taking crying game showers after losing at home on homecoming, during a blackout game to a team that only won 2 games all year I would welcome him with open arms....
I specifically stated that I ate the frozen pizza in the corner... I'm not sure why you and law keep talking about showers and whatever a crying game is. Can you please explain the reference?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Speaking of those in charge, if Sasse has as big an ego as ALL politicians, and half a brain, he has to know that the way to forever endear himself to the alumni is to hire the next great coach, ala Bernie Machen. If true, he strikes me as willing to throw caution to the wind and hire an Urbs or a Kiffen and, channeling his best Al Davis, say, “just win, baby!”
FIFY

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.