Urban Speaks: UF did not capitalize on momentum of winning Tennessee game

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The last one he picked didn't work out so well.

View attachment 64046
He did not leave us in good hands with coaches. He did with Ohio State. But not with us. I think he did not leave us in good hands with coaches. He did with Ohio State. But not with us. I think he was so drugged and zoned out his last year.

I don’t think he expected to fall apart the way he did here. I think when he got to Ohio State he put a better plan in to have coaches ready for when he left. I don’t think he wanted to leave UF until his psyche got smashed. And then it was chaos.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He did not leave us in good hands with coaches. He did with Ohio State. But not with us. I think he did not leave us in good hands with coaches. He did with Ohio State. But not with us. I think he was so drugged and zoned out his last year.

I don’t think he expected to fall apart the way he did here. I think when he got to Ohio State he put a better plan in to have coaches ready for when he left. I don’t think he wanted to leave UF until his psyche got smashed. And then it was chaos.

What’s crazy, while he didn’t leave us in great hands, look at our 2011 to 2023 record and tell me how much worse Steve Addazio would’ve actually been. Garbage is garbage, but at least we’d have an extra 50 mil in the bank.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Reading this, I'm starting to think you're rather drugged up and zoned out yourself.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't say we were a broken program; he did. One year after he had left.

Kinda hard to blame any of his successors at that point.
After Urban left, our AD hired a moron who had never coached a day in his life! Urban is not responsible for that. The keys to a championship winning program were handed to a sweaty, seething, neanderthal.

Had we picked anyone, anyone else with at least some experience I'm sure the last 10+ years would be different.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
After Urban left, our AD hired a moron who had never coached a day in his life! Urban is not responsible for that. The keys to a championship winning program were handed to a sweaty, seething, neanderthal.

Had we picked anyone, anyone else with at least some experience I'm sure the last 10+ years would be different.
Yes, that was the one hire he absolutely could NOT eff up. Oy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good God, I'm laughing my ass off watching that YouTube video I made, and it reminded me of something. Stricklin is the one who gave Butters an extension. THEN he fires him and hires Mullen, a guy he KNEW was a lazy asshat because he had already worked with him for years. If Napier goes, he has to go with him. That's three strikes in a very short period of time.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
387068143_230581953354864_2304102943656769145_n.jpg

Once you retire and take up pickle ball then brother there ain't no going back.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good God, I'm laughing my ass off watching that YouTube video I made, and it reminded me of something. Stricklin is the one who gave Butters an extension. THEN he fires him and hires Mullen, a guy he KNEW was a lazy asshat because he had already worked with him for years. If Napier goes, he has to go with him. That's three strikes in a very short period of time.

Stricklin invented the six months from termination two-year extension strategy. Nobody's turned him down yet.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
We need to dust off Tom Herman , did well at Houston not so much at Texas but whatever

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

So Urbs left things in great shape and in one year Chimp broke it. Yeah, right. Keep telling yourself that.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cuz he's a passive aggressive cock... worse, he's one of those guys who hides behind his power like a dude who talks smack with 10 friends behind him... like he did on the practice field with that one reporter.
Okay look Jeremy it’s been nearly 15 years . Think you should let bygones be bygones

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator