UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@PeteThamel: Phil Fulmer appears to have stuck a knife in Currie’s back: “If Currie believes he was undercut by Fulmer, he has company.”

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It really is astounding UT has named Phil Freaking Fulmer AD, a guy with ZERO experience at the job. What could possibly go wrong? There's a hell of a lot more to that job than picking a football coach. It is a God-awful decision and no one is happier than me.

The good 'ol boy network in Knoxville may be the worst in the entire country.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
After watching the ut presser announcing Phil as the AD, I’ve come to the conclusion that they felt Currie turned rogue. He apparently didn’t learn from the schiano incident and when he went to visit the pirate they reeled him in.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
BTTF-Tennessee-MEME.jpg

UT-Checkerboard-MEME.jpg

UT-Wait-Til-Next-Year-MEME.jpg

Last edited:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
This is fantastic, not only will the football team continue to stink but the rest of their sports will also start to decline.

We may be witnessing the complete death of a sports program, in 10 years Memphis will be invited into the SEC when UT switches to Division 3.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is fantastic, not only will the football team continue to stink but the rest of their sports will also start to decline.
Exactly. WTF does Phil Fulmer know about anything outside of football? You can't just make anyone AD. I still can't believe he weaseled his way into that position.

He certainly has a knack for weaseling his way into positions of power....just ask Johnny Majors.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Wouldn't it be a hoot if Phat Phil hired Phat McElbutt as his coach. Old Rocky Slop would surely tip over.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They wanted Fulmer gone and ran him off.
Saw him speak at a conference 2 years back and he was still vile to the UT program over it.
Fans bytch and moan through 3 debacles of coaching staffs
C.F. of a coaching search
Now they hire the guy they ran off to hire coaches who may run off over the C.F. of a program it is.

They're just F'kd......period. AND I LOVE IT.

kicked-nuts-record.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Little know that Fulmer was/is quite agile as a figure skater, up 'til the Olympics abandoned the precision figures part of the competition.

He served as a special assistant to the athletic director at East Tennessee State University. June 20, 2017, it was Fulmer started serving as a special advisor to the UT president. After the termination of John Currie, Fulmer was named Athletic Director.

Seeing the Phat Phil Phrenzie in print reminds me of one of my legitimate words I'd like to see adopted =
phonetophobia = extreme fear of the ph letters being sounded like an F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator