Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator fans respond: What in the hell is he talking about? :lol:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Gator fans respond: What in the hell is he talking about? :lol:

This is about the third or fourth “turning point” we’ve had this season.

He also got mighty testy when a reporter said that he claimed there was a talent gap earlier in the week. I don’t know if anyone else saw the exchange but that’s about the most passion I’ve seen from the guy at a presser. He said “I did NOT say that. Never said that.” And then proceeded to stare the guy down for several seconds

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
If you say talent gap, you are pointing your finger at the players. Not good for a coach or recruiting. I assume that is why he got mad. Or sports center was showing the highlights on the back TV

We got ole sling, so the question is, Dixie Chopper or Walmart Yardman

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This may be true, and if it is, don't you think it's a problem? I want a cold blooded coach who would sit Hurts for Tua if it helped the team.

That's not saying I think AR should be sitting... I would bet the chances of AR succeeding in another offensive system are much higher than another QB succeeding in Napier's system.

We’ll see. I don’t agree. There have been plays there that he just misses. We’re infatuated with measurables and “what ifs”.

And @lagator , I’m not suggesting he’s being forced to start AR. I’m saying that he’s been a fan favorite since last year and has a ton of local support. It’s a delicate situation, not a conspiracy. If he’d started anyone else day 1 there would’ve been a riot. We’ll see how he handles things going forward. QB isn’t the only issue, but it’s one of them.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So URG and red rockets solution to improve our team is to bench our best player in Anthony . Brilliant !

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So URG and red rockets solution to improve our team is to bench our best player in Anthony . Brilliant !
He’s far from our best player. He might not even be our best QB. I have no idea what QB you’ve been watching this year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

How is he definitively our best player? What data supports that? Id say Etienne is probably a better overall player right now. Pearsall as well.

Ftr, I’m not even suggesting a benching in that he doesn’t start next week. But in some of these losses, I’d be good with seeing Kitna get some snaps. We have nothing to lose.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He played poorly against Kentucky . He was actually pretty good yesterday . Any coach would love to have AR.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He played poorly against Kentucky . He was actually pretty good yesterday . Any coach would love to have AR.

And yet, as I said last night, he had three total SEC offers including us. The rest either G5 or lower P5 schools. And he was at Elite11. So why didn’t they offer?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, as I said last night, he had three total SEC offers including us. The rest either G5 or lower P5 schools. And he was at Elite11. So why didn’t they offer?
Great question . Not sure and frankly don’t care at this point . Think what Riley or Heupel could do with the guy .

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
How is he definitively our best player? What data supports that? Id say Etienne is probably a better overall player right now. Pearsall as well.

Ftr, I’m not even suggesting a benching in that he doesn’t start next week. But in some of these losses, I’d be good with seeing Kitna get some snaps. We have nothing to lose.
Billy Ray O'Cyrus Torrance or whatever his name is. is the best player on the UF offense. Problem is if an offensive lineman is your best player, chances are you are not going to be competitive. but hey he will get his payday so good for him

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great question . Not sure and frankly don’t care at this point . Think what Riley or Heupel could do with the guy .
It's difficult to coach mental weaknesses and AR is loaded with them.
Accuracy could be improved but bad habits are tough to break and again the mental aspect trumps everything.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
This is about the third or fourth “turning point” we’ve had this season.

giphy.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He’s played poorly at times in every single game. Go back and see how many wide open receivers he’s overthrown. It happens in every single game. Go back and see how times he’s forced the ball while not seeing a wide open receiver, as well. He almost never runs when he should…instead handing it off into a stacked front.
He’s constantly not making the right reads/decisions and he has no touch. Everything is on a rope! Great kid with endless potential but he is far from a good QB at this point in time. His limitations are a large part of our offensive woes.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I see the pumps have already started snorting the Hopium. "If Billy makes changes this offseason" "If Billy benches AR" "If Billy does XYZ" then it's all going to come together like the perfect gumbo.

Come on guys, this is the same excuse train I've been reading for the past 10 years. "If Chump would just hire an OC and stay out of the offense," "If Sharky would just fire Nuss," "If Cousin Eddie would just fire Grantham."

I've got bad news for you, I watched his offense last year before I knew he he was. If you think some magic transformation is going to happen just because he has "his" QB you have no idea what you're talking about. It was the same old crap he runs here. Sure a better QB may actually make the proper reads and complete some passes, but the running up the middle on a 3rd and 8 that we absolutely have to win a game is going to remain.

Napier has way more in common with Jimbo Fisher than he does with Nick Saban.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He’s played poorly at times in every single game. Go back and see how many wide open receivers he’s overthrown. It happens in every single game. Go back and see how times he’s forced the ball while not seeing a wide open receiver, as well. He almost never runs when he should…instead handing it off into a stacked front.
He’s constantly not making the right reads/decisions and he has no touch. Everything is on a rope! Great kid with endless potential but he is far from a good QB at this point in time. His limitations are a large part of our offensive woes.

The one thing that stood out in the USF game last year was EJ’s hesitation when scanning the field. He would have open WRs that would be covered by the time he got it there. He had a QB coach for 4 full seasons and had also watched Trask excel at timing. And yet, he couldn’t. Fast forward to the fsu game 10 games later, and he was the same. Bowl game. Same. It’s a processing issue and generally someone either has it or they don’t. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “he’s open”, “throw it”, “what are you waiting for?” from the fans around me at games this year. That isn’t a lack of QB coaching, nor is it an indictment of any offensive system, even if I’d be ok seeing something else. That’s a player that has trouble making the reads and can’t recognize when to make a throw, or take off. I know I sound harsh, and I still like AR. But these issues are him first. And history says they don’t usually correct themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator