Vols fans have already cast Butch Jones aside, demanding Petrino

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Turn that around for a second. Florida hasn't steamrolled their first 3 opponents either, aside from getting more points against KY than expected (and their defense in other games is showing why we did so well against them). We've played awful against two cupcakes, and don't have any such trophy or confetti from beating a 'bad' team. Add to it our starting QB who has been in the program for 2 yrs is now out, and our leading WR is questionable. Our defense lost it's top LB from last year, a defense that gave up acres of land for Dobbs and Hurd on the ground - both of which are returning, btw. OUR confidence is shot, and I'm sure the players are just hoping to hang with TN in Neyland this weekend.

Try as I might, I just can't keep a straight face. My best attempts at trolling Ox are weak as hell.
Yeah, that was pretty bad. The real difference is that no matter HOW bad we've played (hell, we could be 0-3), we know we can beat those guys because we do it every year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
how many people have been ready to push McElwain aside after the first game this season... at least Tennesse fans have a gripe.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we play man on D, and load the box, there is no way they beat us. Dobbs would throw at least 4 picks.

destindon

Banned
BANNED
Sep 12, 2016
UF has played a pretty cupcake schedule so far, so the SOS is pathetic. Vols best player on offense is their tall WR Josh Malone and also huge 230 lb tight end Croom . Interesting, if Dobbs is able to get it to them.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
UF has played a pretty cupcake schedule so far, so the SOS is pathetic. Vols best player on offense is their tall WR Josh Malone and also huge 230 lb tight end Croom . Interesting, if Dobbs is able to get it to them.
If you are a vol just come out and say it. I know it's a scary week for you but you should be use to it by now.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I really believe this team will raise their level of play
when necessary. We're about to find out. In any sport
you play at a certain level when you know you are
going to win. Some folks play at a much higher level
when that is not known. I think we will be loose but
focused Saturday. I think Coach Mac helps them stay
loose. He empathizes having fun. I look for good
execution.

Sep 29, 2015

What has Dobbs done in the first three games of the season that would give you any concern (or confidence in your case) that he will get them the ball against the best defense he will have faced, by far? Not interesting.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What does their booster system consist of?

Different levels of Skoal and overall purchases?

LOL, not quite. He is an established businessman and high in their contribution level.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
But they've played awful against two cupcakes, and embarrassed themselves by hoisting a huge trophy with confetti after beating a bad VT team (what coach other than Butch Jones would have even allowed that?). Their confidence is completely shot.

And seriously, can you imagine Mac allowing a celebration like that after a week 2 win?

No, Mac would not allow it, but, after the win, it would be epic trolling for the team to pull out a few (and only a few) of those cheap champagne poppers from Wal-Mart, shoot them off, and then wander back to the locker room.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's fired if he doesn't win the east this year. Hiring Petrino would be a coup for them. While I think Bobby is a little overrated...he did just destroy a much more talented team in FSU. Kinda scary what he might do there. That would be an upgrade.
I might take issue with the greater talent in FSU. A great QB is quite an equalizer and the Criminoles have serious OL issues. Having said that, Bobby Petrino would be an upgrade but Tenn doesn't have the do re mi.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Petrino would be stupid to leave The 'Ville. His path to the Play-Offs is much easier in the ACC where he only has to face 2 - 3 max quality teams a year. He tried his hand at the mighty SEC and found it's not as easy as he thought. Plus, they love him there and likely overlook his less than moral behaviors.

GO :chomp:

Not to mention he enjoys free lifetime home delivery of Papa John's pizza.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If you are a vol just come out and say it. I know it's a scary week for you but you should be use to it by now.

11 posts, every single one either pro-Vol or anti-UF.

Don't hide behind your keyboard dude - come out of the closet with your plunger and be loud and proud.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
destindon's posts somewhat looks like the idiot Vol fans post's on GSMB. He goes by orange54.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
No, Mac would not allow it, but, after the win, it would be epic trolling for the team to pull out a few (and only a few) of those cheap champagne poppers from Wal-Mart, shoot them off, and then wander back to the locker room.

I say, if we win, we snatch the Bristol Cup - I mean, we'll have beaten the reigning champ, so it's ours, right? Beat the man to be the man?

Then we throw the trophy in a dumpster, piss on it, and light it on fire on the way out of the stadium. Give it the respect it deserves.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would ROFL if they did that. That would be hilarious!

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
The vols have no natural recruiting area, even with Charlotte growing there is still a lot of competition for their athletes. That is a problem that won't go away for any coach who would be foolish to go there.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
During their run of relevance they had the largest recruiting budget in the nation. The money has since not been there as much.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
Saturday's loss to us will be the beginning of the end for Butchy. After we beat them, their schedule doesn't get any easier.

Butchy won't make it through the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator