oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kyle Morris?
Treon makes Morris look like Tom Brady.

There's been some horrible QB's over the years in both the college and pros, guys that could do absolutely nothing right, like Treon. The difference is, they were mercifully pulled by their head coaches and sent to the bench where they belong in short order. Having a guy playing this bad, this long may be unprecedented in the 100+ year history of the game.

Can you imagine Spurrier putting up with this? He would have put in ANYBODY else long before now. He had no patience for quarterbacks that couldn't quarterback. Mac has made himself look a bit foolish in my opinion.

Last edited:

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Kyle Morris definitely. It would have been neat to see how ones like Brantley and Driskel would have done under Mac and Nuss.
I think Brantly may have been very well suited for what Mac wants to do, dunno though

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully after the way Treon has stunk it up, the two stud QBs we are currently recruiting will see that we are in desperate need and they can probably step in right away and play.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully after the way Treon has stunk it up, the two stud QBs we are currently recruiting will see that we are in desperate need and they can probably step in right away and play.

Exactly, and hopefully they have a stud kicker and make it a package deal. Hardin is done......he's all Driskeled up in the head.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Any QB with confidence should look at that game (or the last 5) and feel good about their chances of coming in and starting.

Deathroll

Dec 28, 2014
I seriously questioned Treon's IQ after that double throw.
Between that play and then the one right before halftime on third down where he sort of pitched the ball out of bounds to prevent a sack and save maybe three yards. Stopped the clock for Bama so they didn't have to use a timeout. If not for the great punt and block in the back on the ensuing punt that could have been disastrous.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, I charted the entire season in terms of QB rating and here's what I came up with.

New Mexico State (Harris) 97.0, (Grier) 97.6
Eastern Carolina (Grier) 60.1, (Harris) 80.5
Kentucky (Grier) 32.2
Tennessee (Grier) 51.3
Ole Miss (Grier) 88.6
Missouri (Grier) 49.2
LSU (Harris) 51.3
Georgia (Harris) 45.9
Vanderbilt (Harris) 45.5
South Carolina (Harris) 55.4
Florida Atlantic (Harris) 32.1
Florida State (Harris) 13.0
Alabama (Harris) 5.1

In defense of Mac's decisionmaking, it's the trendline and the timing of it that matters. Harris maintained himself consistently around 50.00 until the FAU game, which although not good was probably good enough in Mac's mind combined with our defensive play to warrant staying with him. The last two games against good defenses that brought a lot of pressure and exposed his lack of pocket presence, Harris' numbers fell dramatically. By that point, it was too late to change horses. Mac was cornered.

Make no mistake, however, Harris is done starting for UF for all practical intents.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Hell, I'd settle for the Wildcat at this point or at the very least about a dozen halfback passes.

This is why I am not completely sold on Mac. I did not see anything different offensively. We trotted the same ineffective offense out there and got the same result. It is reasonable to expect a head coach that is paid millions to innovate, to try something, anything.

I remind you of the quote attributed to Einstein, "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Treon makes Morris look like Tom Brady.

There's been some horrible QB's over the years in both the college and pros, guys that could do absolutely nothing right, like Treon. The difference is, they were mercifully pulled by their head coaches and sent to the bench where they belong in short order. Having a guy playing this bad, this long may be unprecedented in the 100+ year history of the game.

Can you imagine Spurrier putting up with this? He would have put in ANYBODY else long before now. He had no patience for quarterbacks that couldn't quarterback. Mac has made himself look a bit foolish in my opinion.

Thank you Ox. I am very frustrated with Mac's seemingly unwillingness to do anything different.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think this is the main reason that he left Harris in as long as he did. Basically saying, "this is the best we have".

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, I charted the entire season in terms of QB rating and here's what I came up with.

New Mexico State (Harris) 97.0, (Grier) 97.6
Eastern Carolina (Grier) 60.1, (Harris) 80.5
Kentucky (Grier) 32.2
Tennessee (Grier) 51.3
Ole Miss (Grier) 88.6
Missouri (Grier) 49.2
LSU (Harris) 51.3
Georgia (Harris) 45.9
Vanderbilt (Harris) 45.5
South Carolina (Harris) 55.4
Florida Atlantic (Harris) 32.1
Florida State (Harris) 13.0
Alabama (Harris) 5.1

In defense of Mac's decisionmaking, it's the trendline and the timing of it that matters. Harris maintained himself consistently around 50.00 until the FAU game, which although not good was probably good enough in Mac's mind combined with our defensive play to warrant staying with him. The last two games against good defenses that brought a lot of pressure and exposed his lack of pocket presence, Harris' numbers fell dramatically. By that point, it was too late to change horses. Mac was cornered.

Make no mistake, however, Harris is done starting for UF for all practical intents.
I don't think stats tell the story at all. So many of Harris' completions the last several weeks have been prayers thrown up into double and triple coverage that were caught. Take that long throw to Callaway yesterday for example. They show up great in the box score, but that doesn't mean they were good throws.

Those rating above aren't good, but they don't even nearly reflect just how abysmal he's actually been.

It's difficult to play quarterback worse than he did yesterday. Don't even know how it scored a 5.1.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think stats tell the story at all. So many of Harris' completions the last several weeks have been prayers thrown up into double and triple coverage that were caught. Take that long throw to Callaway yesterday for example. They show up great in the box score, but that doesn't mean they were good throws.

Those rating above aren't good, but they don't even nearly reflect just how abysmal he's actually been.

It's difficult to play quarterback worse than he did yesterday. Don't even know how it scored a 5.1.

A lucky completion here or there doesn't change the numbers much. The important thing was when he ran the offense and protected the ball. Mac felt comfortable with him for that and was willing to ride it out. It's mind numbing to realize all the plays he could have made that he didn't and how that affected the overall picture. The turnovers just added to the issues.

None of us knows lickity split about Grady, so it's impossible to speculate on how much of a spark he could have provided. Regardless, you generally don't change horses in the middle of a championship game. It would have had to have come after the poor effort against FAU, but Mac wasn't willing. He obviously knows these quarterbacks better than you or I.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Might have had a better chance with Driskel in there last night instead of Harris

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Cover2, you're probably right on Dr O finding open receivers better than Treon. Maybe Mac should give Grady a shot at QB in the bowl game. He has nothing to lose.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Treon has 4 more quarters then he will never play QB at UF again. He gave us his all but it just is not enough.

Thank you Treon. Good luck at your new position/school next year

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
The only play more ridiculous than Treon's double pass was Brantley's completion to himself laying on the ground for a 10 yard loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.