We just keep on getting better and better

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 34 23.0%
  • B

Votes: 102 68.9%
  • C

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You keep putting words in my mouth.....I hardly ever even post in the MSF....got any direct quotes from me?
Here's one after CSU:
The only good thing about having the flu since the season started is that I've watched all the games sober.….were still the same hot mess that we were last week and last season for that matter and all it's going to take to prove it is being put in front of a team with a pulse.
Of course, you'll just claim that UT isn't one of the teams with a pulse. Does MSU have a pulse? I ask because we're going to kick their asses on Saturday in their house.

We aren't even close to the same "hot mess" we were last season. Not even close.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hopefullynthw recruits liked this too bulc that is all that really matters right now.

I think the vibe around the program is certainly better than it has been. I fully expect a rollercoaster of performance. There's parts of our Oline that flat terrible, and since they haven't been benched we can make some assumptions about the talent behind them. We are in for a long rebuild. I'm not sure Mullen is the guy that is going to take us all the way, but we need someone steady that at least keep things from falling completely apart until we have a chance to close the gap in facilities.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Defense is going to be hit and miss due to lack of talent at two positions.

The offense isnt going to be right until we bring in OL talent and develop an option QB. He cant wave a magic wand and fix the offense over night.

Hopefully the recruits liked this too bc that is all that really matters right now.

UT did have receivers getting behind DBs all night. Bad throws or miracle recovery plays saved us. Teams will be trying to take the top off and go at Dean and the safeties the rest of the year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They arent. But neither is Kintucky.

Win the ones we should, show improvement (even if inconsistent) and RECRUIT.
Kentucky just beat MSU pretty badly. Does MSU have a pulse? You keep moving the goalposts, so I just want to keep up.

What will you say when we beat them on the road this week? They suck, right? After all, they lost to Kentucky. :facepalm:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dude, we just beat that horrible team 47-21 at home. Isn't that what good teams do?
Do you and Ox even read what I post? Or just assume everything I say is negative? Read the part in my post about beating bad teams by large margins....And I would prefer to wait and call us "good" until we have a larger sample size of playing average to decent teams like say oh the next 3 or 4 maybe? Improved, yes but we are talking about a team coming off a 4 win season....I need a little more warm and fuzzy heading into the unkind month's of October and early November, OK?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You keep putting words in my mouth.....I hardly ever even post in the MSF....got any direct quotes from me?
I told URG hours before kickoff that we would play one of our best games yesterday and that was all I said regarding the game as I recall....
He did say this in the chatterbox, then went on to say that 27-20 would be our best game.
I challenged that and he adjusted the score a little.

But he did say he had a funny feeling we would have one of our best games. Check the archives

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can't sit here and say UF is a "good" team, but what I can say is that there are a lot of teams that have even more problems than we do - far more than I expected. Looking at some of the dumpster fire programs around the country, we're in position to win more games than I thought. We are in better shape than 2 of our 3 rivals, and that's a good start.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you and Ox even read what I post? Or just assume everything I say is negative? Read the part in my post about beating bad teams by large margins....And I would prefer to wait and call us "good" until we have a larger sample size of playing average to decent teams like say oh the next 3 or 4 maybe? Improved, yes but we are talking about a team coming off a 4 win season....I need a little more warm and fuzzy heading into the unkind month's of October and early November, OK?
A good team plays to its ability. A good team limits mistakes like penalties and turnovers. A good team plays with intensity and beats a big rival, bad team or not, by 26 in its own crib.

There is nothing relatively speaking about this team to suggest it is not good. What it is, is malnourished from a personnel perspective. That's not Mullen's fault at this juncture.

You and I and everyone else will have one potential beef going forward. Not enough great athletes. We aren't there yet. Mullen is building a buzz in the meantime, and from that could come recruiting success. You ultimately need something in your resume to sell. The results from games like this in front of a national TV audience help do the trick.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Of course, you'll just claim that UT isn't one of the teams with a pulse. Does MSU have a pulse? I ask because we're going to kick their asses on Saturday in their house.

We aren't even close to the same "hot mess" we were last season. Not even close.
You honestly think UT was a real team??? Seriously?
And yes the offense is the same thing we've seen for years....We hit a long play with a broken tackle every now and then....live off the success of turnovers/field possession by ST a couple times a game.....Newsflash buddy....that don't work against real teams.....I want to see 4 or 5 sustained drives in EVERY game at the minimum....I want to see a team go for the kill when up by 23 and handed 2 gifts right after halftime....that's what GOOD teams do.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You honestly think UT was a real team??? Seriously?
And yes the offense is the same thing we've seen for years....We hit a long play with a broken tackle every now and then....live off the success of turnovers/field possession by ST a couple times a game.....Newsflash buddy....that don't work against real teams.....I want to see 4 or 5 sustained drives in EVERY game at the minimum....I want to see a team go for the kill when up by 23 and handed 2 gifts right after halftime....that's what GOOD teams do.
I get your points, but this team has a different mindset. They have real coaches and a real S&C program. It makes a difference. For the first time in years, I think we'll see actual improvement as the year goes on.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get your points, but this team has a different mindset. They have real coaches and a real S&C program. It makes a difference. For the first time in years, I think we'll see actual improvement as the year goes on.
No, Ox, we blew it by not being Clemson out of the gate.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No, Ox, we blew it by not being Clemson out of the gate.
Under Chimp and Butters, the offense NEVER got any better. Never. It was the same week after week after week after week after week. It was a hopeless feeling.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Man, I would hate to have to wait until the end of the season to know if I can feel good about kicking the last of UT’s teeth in, so I am going to go ahead and enjoy it now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Under Chimp and Butters, the offense NEVER got any better. Never. It was the same week after week after week after week after week. It was a hopeless feeling.
This offense could be a lot better for starters by simply executing the plays. Esp through the air. And let's be honest. Franks is NOT a runner.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It was the same week after week after week after week after week. It was a hopeless feeling.
Edit out the short field situations when you rewatch the game and tell me how we look?
Look I'm not asking for a complete offensive turnaround in year one but for the love of God turn the damned page on the playbook!!! Wait....Mullen does have more than one page, right?:lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This offense could be a lot better for starters by simply executing the plays. Esp through the air. And let's be honest. Franks is NOT a runner.
He may not make it through the season with some of the decisions he makes when running the ball....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He may not make it through the season with some of the decisions he makes when running the ball....
He might not. Ideally you have a sturdy but slippery runner taking the snaps. We all know who that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.