We just keep on getting better and better

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 34 23.0%
  • B

Votes: 102 68.9%
  • C

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
Out of all the qbs we’ve had since 2010, Franks could very well be the worst. And yet his stats aren’t eye gouging. To make Franks serviceable like this is insanely impressive.
Franks has 12 tds to 2 ints?!!?!?? WTF??? How did that happen!!!!!

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
If he can keep that trend going AND improve his field of vision to find the wide open WR, the offense could really start becoming fun to watch!

He needs more consistency, just like the rest of the offense.

Dan said post-game that we either got a one or two play drive with an explosive play or we were three and out.

leogator

May 5, 2018
if we lose on the road to Cowbell, it doesn't mean much in year one. Everyone on the planet penciled it in as a loss. If we win, the turnaround is farther along than we thought a week ago.

our d line is finally figuring out what Grantham is calling. Tinerc has a terrible offensive line no doubt but we're definitely improved.
Terrible offensive line? With two 5*s on it? ;)I'd like to think that it was our defense that played better, flying all over the place.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I guess some posters have a hard time remaining objective after a big win over a HORRIBLE rival...:lol:
Here's what I see. We've played one better than average team(UK)…..and lost.
We've played 3 horrible teams and have won by a pretty good margin so that is certainly a positive.
In case no one else watched around the league yesterday Missouri was only 2 mistakes away from pushing UGA to the limit. We still have to play both along with USCe ,Vandy, Miss ST.,LSU, School of the Blind? and FSU.....BTW anyone else think Miss St. is over rated??? If our guys can steal that game while their still butthurt about last night it would be HUGE for getting us bowl eligible.

While I think we certainly are better than the last 2 teams we play this season I don't see us being head and shoulders better than anyone else on the schedule.

So to all the new found "pumpers" coming out of the woodwork my advice would be to "pump" the brakes a little because a third of the way through the season we've only beaten very bad teams....Hopefully that changes but just remember all the years Champ and Butters had us 4-0 or 4-1 at this point in the season.....just sayin'

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's really sad is you're already assuming the next loss. Kind of makes the point. 8-4 or 9-3 doesn't cut it at UF. That coupled with a 22nd ranked recruiting class doesn't bode well for the future.
Progress isn't measured by a single still. It's a series of snapshots over time. We've already seen and done things no one thought humanly possible. Why shouldn't we think positive?

Perhaps it's possible that the still photo a year from now looks like a complete makeover. Until it doesn't happen, there's always hope that it will.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I guess some posters have a hard time remaining objective after a big win over a HORRIBLE rival...:lol:
We've played 3 horrible teams and have won by a pretty good margin so that is certainly a positive.
In case no one else watched around the league yesterday Missouri was only 2 mistakes away from pushing UGA to the limit. We still have to play both along with USCe ,Vandy, Miss ST.,LSU, School of the Blind? and FSU.....BTW anyone else think Miss St. is over rated??? If our guys can steal that game while their still butthurt about last night it would be HUGE for getting us bowl eligible.

While I think we certainly are better than the last 2 teams we play this season I don't see us being head and shoulders better than anyone else on the schedule.

So to all the new found "pumpers" coming out of the woodwork my advice would be to "pump" the brakes a little because a third of the way through the season we've only beaten very bad teams....Hopefully that changes but just remember all the years Champ and Butters had us 4-0 or 4-1 at this point in the season.....just sayin'
You keep on moving the goalposts. At this time last week, you claimed we couldn't even beat the bad teams. Now we can't beat the average teams?

After we beat MSU this week, you'll say, "yeah, but we can't beat the above average teams!"

Then after we beat LSU, you'll say, "yeah, but we can't beat the elite teams!"

Then after we beat UGA, you'll say, "yeah, but Mullen had a lousy record against ranked teams at MSU!"

:facepalm:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess some posters have a hard time remaining objective after a big win over a HORRIBLE rival...

Dude, we just beat that horrible team 47-21 at home. Isn't that what good teams do?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he can keep that trend going AND improve his field of vision to find the wide open WR, the offense could really start becoming fun to watch!
Which is surprising me. I see glimpses of a fun offense!

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
In the name of everything that is holy someone make a gif of Pruitt kicking that whiteboard after a Gator score...

Seriously. It is a great a Florida/UToothless moment as this gem:

dooley_medium.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You keep on moving the goalposts. At this time last week, you claimed we couldn't even beat the bad teams. Now we can't beat the average teams?

After we beat MSU this week, you'll say, "yeah, but we can't beat the above average teams!"

Then after we beat UGA, you'll say, "yeah, but Mullen had a lousy record against ranked teams at MSU!"

Yeah..... its way early for all that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

You keep putting words in my mouth.....I hardly ever even post in the MSF....got any direct quotes from me?
I told URG hours before kickoff that we would play one of our best games yesterday and that was all I said regarding the game as I recall....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Special teams and defense both are playing with a lot more intensity....I'd probably give both of those units a B plus.....I thought we could have attacked a little more offensively after getting the early 2nd half turnovers though.
Defense is going to be hit and miss due to lack of talent at two positions.

The offense isnt going to be right until we bring in OL talent and develop an option QB. He cant wave a magic wand and fix the offense over night.

Hopefully the recruits liked this too bc that is all that really matters right now.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Defense is going to be hit and miss due to lack of talent at two positions.

The offense isnt going to be right until we bring in OL talent and develop an option QB. He cant wave a magic wand and fix the offense over night.

Hopefullynthw recruits liked this too bc that is all that really matters right now.
LB and safety. We have chinks in our armor.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Screw Tennessee. Rocky Top was never in this game that they thought they could win and this was at their place and the house was cleared out in the third quarter.

That is all the analysis I need.

Suck it, Tennessee.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's really sad is you're already assuming the next loss. Kind of makes the point. 8-4 or 9-3 doesn't cut it at UF. That coupled with a 22nd ranked recruiting class doesn't bode well for the future.
Youre not assuming the next loss? This was never going to be a great year. All we can reasonably expect to see is improvement and some much better recruiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.