We Lost a Great Gator Last Week

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to let everyone know that my father passed away last week the day before the UT game.
Although he did not graduate from UF, he did attend for a couple of years. More importantly, he instilled his love for the gators into my life back in 1963.
This passion is now alive and well with his two grandsons who are UF grads.

He was not a rich man, so no Bull Gator level of support, but he was a booster for 40 years and as passionate a gator as you will ever meet.

I especially appreciate him blowing that field goal to the right on Saturday and I am sure he got a real kick out of doing his part to help the cause.

There is now one more gator waiting for us upstairs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
RIP. It must have made that game on Saturday a little bittersweet.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Wow DGD, so sorry to hear about your dad's passing but may he R.I.P.

And as for the "blowing that field goal", I have no doubt he did as much because the stands are open to the right (near the Gatorsports shop) and the storm that evening was coming from the East so an Easterly wind was coming in through that open V area. That kick, especially once moved several yards INSIDE the right hash, along with an Easterly wind should have had zero ability to move RIGHT!!!!!

:chomp:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
My condolences. I'm sure your dad said this to Ray Graves before the FG, watch this.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
May your father RIP Double Gator Dad.

We have a similar situation in our family generations but about 10 years behind. I am still able to enjoy the games with my father and sons. I will cherish each one these experiences as I'm sure you did. Thank you for sharing, it keeps things in perspective.

Go Gators!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
God bless your father and his loved ones. He was a founding father of your Gator tradition. Wish a most useful peace to you all.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sorry to hear of your loss....the whole FG thing would have no other explanation as the ball seemed to be hooking inside the goal post. RIP Double Gator Dad's Dad.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My heart goes out to you, as I recently lost my mom. Remember the good times you shared and keep your chin up. Go Gators!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to hear of your loss. You think your Pops could do us a solid again this weekend?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Your father sounds like someone I would like to have known. My condolences during your time of grief. RIP Gator.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Condolences. May he bask in the orange and blue heavens of eternity.
:chomp:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Sorry for your loss. I lost my father this year as well so know the pain you and your family must be feeling.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My dad attended UF (back in the late 40s early 50s) but didnt graduate. Still a huge fan at 85. Like you, I will miss him the day he passes on, You probably had your dad a long time. At least he lived to see the great years with SOS and URB and TImmy. My condolences.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to hear that DGD. I can certainly relate to a similar situation with my Dad. He was a huge Gator and never was able to attend UF. Korea came calling with a draft card. I can never remember anything but being a Gator. He took me to Gator games from my childhood and we went together, tailgated, and cheered into my adulthood. His last Gator football game was the '95 SECCG vs. Arkansas and barely able to make the trip with me. Ultimately he was too sick to try and make the trip to Tempe for the NCG vs. Nebraska. Perhaps that was a good thing. We lost him the following April and I have no doubt he was smiling ear to ear up above looking down on New Orleans that next year. Maybe they're up there with all the Gators gone before arm in arm singing "We are the boys". May he RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.