Wednesday Worsts….Cliches

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Is there a cliche or motivational phrase that irks you? Especially at work or by your boss.

Ex: there’s no i in team, all hands on deck, circle back

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like to think of myself as a fairly reasonable person. But if I were ever elected president, one of my first orders of business would be that anyone who says the phrase “just sayin” would be arrested.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a cliche or motivational phrase that irks you? Especially at work or by your boss.

Ex: there’s no i in team, all hands on deck, circle back
It drives me up the wall to hear the press secretary say “circle back.” She has no intention of answering the particular question. I’m also tiring of people answering questions by starting with “So……..” On the other hand, any gaff by Biden makes for a humorous moment or two.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like to think of myself as a fairly reasonable person. But if I were ever elected president, one of my first orders of business would be that anyone who says the phrase “just sayin” would be arrested.
Thankfully you'll never be president..just sayin

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Not to derail the thread from the beginning, but my first order of business would be to ban all glitter. Just sayin’…

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When people use the word “literally”. My wife uses it all the time and it drives me crazy.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From every parent ever with older kids: "They grow up so fast"

I'd like to respond with, "Oh really? Why dont you eat shiit and die"

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From every parent ever with older kids: "They grow up so fast"

I'd like to respond with, "Oh really? Why dont you eat shiit and die"

For me it was always the, "Oh they're angels now, but just wait until they become teenagers" line that pissed me off.

As a side note, "Why don't you eat shiit and die" is such a good universal comeback. It should be used more.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This whole thread has become infuriating. Literally, I know right, you do you. Despite Urg’s assertions, I truly believe if I ran on a platform to simply rid the country of these expressions/misuses, I win in a landslide. My second order of business would then be to arrest Urg for his snarky response.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This whole thread has become infuriating. Literally, I know right, you do you. Despite Urg’s assertions, I truly believe if I ran on a platform to simply rid the country of these expressions/misuses, I win in a landslide. My second order of business would then be to arrest Urg for his snarky response.

Why don't you eat shiit and die. Just sayin.. but you do you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator