Wednesday Worsts...Misunderstood Lyrics

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"...Iron Butterfly

It was supposed to be "In the Garden of Eden"...They were stoned when they wrote it.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"...Iron Butterfly

It was supposed to be "In the Garden of Eden"...They were stoned when they wrote it.
Heard the same thing. Per Wikipedia:
"According to drummer Ron Bushy, organist-vocalist Doug Ingle wrote the song one evening while drinking an entire gallon of Red Mountain wine. When the inebriated Ingle then played the song for Bushy, who wrote down the lyrics for him, he was slurring his words so badly that what was supposed to be "in the Garden of Eden" was interpreted by Bushy as "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"."

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Heard the same thing. Per Wikipedia:
"According to drummer Ron Bushy, organist-vocalist Doug Ingle wrote the song one evening while drinking an entire gallon of Red Mountain wine. When the inebriated Ingle then played the song for Bushy, who wrote down the lyrics for him, he was slurring his words so badly that what was supposed to be "in the Garden of Eden" was interpreted by Bushy as "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"."

There's also a good Simpsons episode on this--Bart swaps out the chorus hymn and gets the whole church singing "In the Garden of Eden," much to the chagrin of the pastor.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You spin me rice round baby rice round like a record baby…

What’s the frequency Kenneth the show, oh ohh…

Alex.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hold me closer Tony Danza.

We didn’t start the fire . It was always burning said the worst attorney

There’s a bathroom on the right

Rockers end up walking in the cold
November rain

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I don’t believe that was a Doobie Brothers song.

The artist was quite different, The Bee Gees.

I unfortunately had to live through the dark period in American history known as the disco era.
Which coincided with that dark period known as Michael McDonald taking over lead vocals for the Doobie Brothers. The Doobie Brothers were one heck of a party rock band till he turned them into an adult contemporary cocktail jazz act. It wasn't his fault, I know. Johnston had to leave the band because of illness and Patrick Simmons should have stepped up but he didn't. I love Steely Dan. I love the Doobie Brothers with Johnston or Simmons out front. I love Michael McDonald for what he is, a great, legendary, soulful studio and duet singer. "Let Me Go Love" that he did with Nicolette Larson is one of my favorite songs of all time. But putting all of it together? Eeeeeeesh.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Which coincided with that dark period known as Michael McDonald taking over lead vocals for the Doobie Brothers. The Doobie Brothers were one heck of a party rock band till he turned them into an adult contemporary cocktail jazz act. It wasn't his fault, I know. Johnston had to leave the band because of illness and Patrick Simmons should have stepped up but he didn't. I love Steely Dan. I love the Doobie Brothers with Johnston or Simmons out front. I love Michael McDonald for what he is, a great, legendary, soulful studio and duet singer. "Let Me Go Love" that he did with Nicolette Larson is one of my favorite songs of all time. But putting all of it together? Eeeeeeesh.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll add In the Meantime by Spacehog
And in the end we shall achieve in time... the thing they call divine... when all the stars will shine... for me...

that sounds fine so we'll see you sometime give my love to the future of the... human kind.. ok ok its not ok.
while its on my mind there's a girl that fits the crime of a future love dream that im still to find... but in the mean time...

We love the all, the all... of you... lands are green and sky's are blue... and all in all were just like you, we love the all of you....

at least that's what it sounds like to me when i listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.