Wednesday Worsts...Misunderstood Lyrics

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our Father, who art in Heaven, Howard be thy name...

Alex.

My younger son would finish this passage with.

“Thy kingdom come and you’ll be done on Earth.”

I told this to our pastor at the time and he incorporated it into a future sermon because he said that the statement is actually correct, you will be done on Earth.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Which coincided with that dark period known as Michael McDonald taking over lead vocals for the Doobie Brothers. The Doobie Brothers were one heck of a party rock band till he turned them into an adult contemporary cocktail jazz act. It wasn't his fault, I know. Johnston had to leave the band because of illness and Patrick Simmons should have stepped up but he didn't. I love Steely Dan. I love the Doobie Brothers with Johnston or Simmons out front. I love Michael McDonald for what he is, a great, legendary, soulful studio and duet singer. "Let Me Go Love" that he did with Nicolette Larson is one of my favorite songs of all time. But putting all of it together? Eeeeeeesh.

I agree completely

Now I read that the Doobies are touring with McDonald in the band. I have no interest in “The Disco Doobie Brothers”

I will pass

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Especially that line where it sounds like he says he misses his wife.

Elton wrote the music and Bernie Taupin wrote all the lyrics to Elton’s songs which would explain the heterosexual reference.

Many of the lyrics of Elton John songs don’t fit him very well for this reason.

Another example is the reference “I should have stayed on the farm” in the song Honkey Cat.
I doubt Elton ever lived on a farm.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
My younger son would finish this passage with.

“Thy kingdom come and you’ll be done on Earth.”

I told this to our pastor at the time and he incorporated it into a future sermon because he said that the statement is actually correct, you will be done on Earth.

AMEN

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
156429358_10216160051108809_8683291315984947187_n.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Wrapped Around Your Finger​

The Police

You consider me the young apprentice
Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes
Hypnotized by you if I should linger
Staring at the ring around your finger

I was today years old when I learned the words to this song. That makes so much more sense than silver and carrots. :headslap:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Which coincided with that dark period known as Michael McDonald taking over lead vocals for the Doobie Brothers. The Doobie Brothers were one heck of a party rock band till he turned them into an adult contemporary cocktail jazz act. It wasn't his fault, I know. Johnston had to leave the band because of illness and Patrick Simmons should have stepped up but he didn't. I love Steely Dan. I love the Doobie Brothers with Johnston or Simmons out front. I love Michael McDonald for what he is, a great, legendary, soulful studio and duet singer. "Let Me Go Love" that he did with Nicolette Larson is one of my favorite songs of all time. But putting all of it together? Eeeeeeesh.
I just saw Steely Dan in concert. They are dog **** in concert.

My advice? Just listen to them on LP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.