We're (Almost) SEC East champs!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy has zero chance of winning out. Zero. Book your reservations now for Atlanta.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What was the score of the Vandy game last night?

Oh yeah, they lost to Houston. 34-0. We'll be just fine.

As they say though...we're On to Vanderbilt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one thinks Vandy could win in the Sunbelt east much less the SEC east. People were just wondering why we werent officiallly the East champs yet.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Theoretically you could win all the games in your division and not win your division. I've always found that odd.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;305414 said:
Theoretically you could win all the games in your division and not win your division. I've always found that odd.
if you have two W Div losses, they could kill your chances

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n305414 said:

I think I remember that happening to us once when we lost to LSU and Bama.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Zero chance we lose to Vandy or don't win the east, and yet if we lose to USC it will pretty much ruin the party. I'm in full looking past Vandy mode. USC will be scratching at trying to make a bowl game, and it would make their season to beat a top 10 team at home. We should take it easily but strange things can happen on the road.

Okay, you can go back to talking about how a team that is going to finish with one SEC win might play in the SECCG.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
363cfc1582ece7428126e8c28684110d.jpg

I'm going to just leave this right here and let it sink in. Unbelievable what Mac has done.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
National semifinals are Orange and Cotton this year. If TCU runs the table, they likely get what amounts to a home game at Jerry World. If we got that far, would we get placed in the Orange?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n305428 said:
and yet if we lose to USC it will pretty much ruin the party.
Why? We are playing three freshmen, a guy who should be a redshirt freshman (playing LT), and a 1AA transfer playing on the OL, walkons are the 2s at LBs, we lost our starting QB, and we have no kicker. All that with roster that was picked to finish 5th in the SEC East by most analysts.

What party is it ruining? This is a historically great coaching job. McElwain will be a serious contender for nation COY lose to USC or not.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's stupid. Division record should be the first criteria. If you beat all the other east teams, you are the best east team. That is undeniable.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n305689 said:
Why? We are playing three freshmen, a guy who should be a redshirt freshman (playing LT), and a 1AA transfer playing on the OL, walkons are the 2s at LBs, we lost our starting QB, and we have no kicker. All that with roster that was picked to finish 5th in the SEC East by most analysts.

What party is it ruining? This is a historically great coaching job. McElwain will be a serious contender for nation COY lose to USC or not.
With all do respect, who gives a fuk what class the players are in or if we are playing a transfer? Are you so beaten down by the Muschamp experiment that you can't see what we are playing for? You only get so many chances to compete for championships.

Losing to a USC team that we are much better than in a Ham Sammich game would suk azz for very obvious reasons. We're not playing for moral victories or to be satisfied that we can say "at least we got to the SECCG". We're playing to see what our defense can do against TCU's offense or for a matchup with esophageal spasm. COY would be great for Mac but it doesn't give you trophy case bling.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n305463 said:
National semifinals are Orange and Cotton this year. If TCU runs the table, they likely get what amounts to a home game at Jerry World. If we got that far, would we get placed in the Orange?

If I'm remembering the process correctly, the 1 and 2 seeds get placed in the most geographically advantageous site possible. That's why Bama was in the Sugar and Oregon was in the Rose last year. So it would depend on the seeding.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n305766 said:
If I'm remembering the process correctly, the 1 and 2 seeds get placed in the most geographically advantageous site possible. That's why Bama was in the Sugar and Oregon was in the Rose last year. So it would depend on the seeding.

Makes sense. So, SEC-wise, UF or Bammer in Orange, or Corndogs in Cotton. You figure the SEC champ even with one loss will be a top two seed.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
bradgator2;n305417 said:
I think I remember that happening to us once when we lost to LSU and Bama.

"97 We beat Tennessee but lost to UGA. So both we and Tennessee finished with the same records in the East with us winning the head to head. Technically we were the best team in the East however we had one loss to a West team (LSU). So Tennessee went to the Championship game.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Happened to us in 2002 with Zook

edit: lost to LSU and Ole Miss

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.