We're getting better and better

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • B

Votes: 71 50.0%
  • C

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • D

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Franks takes way too long to make a pass, there's no doubt about that.

Which is baffling knowing that Mullen’s offense splits the field and asks his QB to look at one side. I wonder at times if Franks still doesn’t get that and that of his problem.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Franks seemed to take some heat off the ball which is good. But his slow progressions, if he had any at all, allowed their backs to make plays on the ball. Combine that with Scarlett’s lackluster running and I’m in the camp of we need an upgrade at those positions. The good news is Pierce runs with fire I love it. However three games in its apparent mullin is staying with franks which makes this year a throwaway again.
He's only staying with Franks because he has no choice. Trask isn't as far along as we had hoped and Jones, with whom he has a lot invested, is equally untested.

I have no doubt, esp after seeing how pissed he was at Franks over yet another inexcusable unsportsmanlike, that he'll make the move if it makes the team better.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's almost like y'all didn't even learn after an 11 point loss at home to Kentucky. This team sucks fat balls and Hispanic Lurch is even dumber than Driskel. Dude is straight garbage and this team will be extremely lucky to win 4 games.

:lmao2: :lmao2: Okay that is FREAKIN FUNNY. Kudos to you :lmao2: :lmao2:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
We have no QB.

Defense was better, still needs work, ST was nice.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how good the freshman kicker is, he might be the difference between going to a bowl and staying home this year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I have a real problem with the penalties, but I'm going to attempt to be objective. He's making better throws and better reads. Again, the operative word is better.

That doesn't even make him a competent quarterback after three games under Mullen. What it makes him is a better quarterback. We're still in search of a long-term answer.

I don't really have a problem with a guy who often looks like he does not care getting a penalty like that against Colorado State. I am more concerned about such things in SEC games.

That said, I think this was Franks worst game of his career today. His decision making was slow and his passes were late all day. If he is ever going to have a big passing day it would be against a team like this today. UF basically had zero offense until it got so out of hand that he Colorado State defense basically was going through the motions.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Guys...we ain't beating UToothless. I HATE to say it, I really do but special teams plays were the only reason this wasn't a 10 pt win against one of the worst defenses in the country. Franks isn' better and you will see that next week and perhaps for the last time as I think Mullen is growing tired of his BS. Hopefully we will show more of a commitment to running the ball with all 3 backs, that is our strongest area and the best way to help a struggling O-line.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really have a problem with a guy who often looks like he does not care getting a penalty like that against Colorado State. I am more concerned about such things in SEC games.

That said, I think this was Franks worst game of his career today. His decision making was slow and his passes were late all day. If he is ever going to have a big passing day it would be against a team like this today. UF basically had zero offense until it got so out of hand that he Colorado State defense basically was going through the motions.
I thought his reaction time was typically slack, but maybe not AS slack as it usually is. He made a couple of nice throws. He also botched a few great opportunities. That seems to be the constant in describing this guy. He never puts it all together.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Guys...we ain't beating UToothless.
No doubt. UT after all is setting the world on fire with their offense. Hell, they just lit up UTEP for 24 points!

I don't see any reason for us to even play the game. A forfeit would be the most appropriate thing at this point.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully we will show more of a commitment to running the ball with all 3 backs, that is our strongest area and the best way to help a struggling O-line.

The o-line was pathetic against KY and the running game was nonexistent.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I thought his reaction time was typically slack, but maybe not AS slack as it usually is. He made a couple of nice throws. He also botched a few great opportunities. That seems to be the constant in describing this guy. He never puts it all together.

It also does not describe getting better to me. I know as a UF fan you and I want to see him getting better. I just do not see it.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015

And remember this against another tomato can. What do you think he's gonna do in the regular SEC schedule? I can't even find a win for this team since they already lost to Kentucky at home, even Vandy will beat them. It's obvious Hispanic Lurch will never have what it takes mentally to be a winning SEC QB, why not throw in Trask against real competition?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And remember this against another tomato can. What do you think he's gonna do in the regular SEC schedule? I can't even find a win for this team since they already lost to Kentucky at home, even Vandy will beat them. It's obvious Hispanic Lurch will never have what it takes mentally to be a winning SEC QB, why not throw in Trask against real competition?
Now I remember how insufferable you were before. What made you slither back on the board?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
i still don't know how well be in conf play. Did we just have a real bad growing pain game against ky or will we look like that again for the next 2 weeks. In 2 weeks I think we'll all know
We are what we are until we're not. We got beat by Kentucky. I see improvement in Franks but I wonder every week if he's hit his ceiling. He doesn't look nearly as lost this year as last. By next year he might actually know how to play the position. And I just think the oline is a lost cause. Maybe you can game plan around that for the bottom half of the SEC East but anybody else is going to kill us. Plus we can't afford injuries.
UT will tell us more about Mullinz as a game day coach. I think we know what we've got in this team.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

I have to believe that Mullen knows Trask isn’t the answer. He must not be better yet or they would play him. Don’t buy into the media hype from the preseason. We’ve been led astray many times.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It also does not describe getting better to me. I know as a UF fan you and I want to see him getting better. I just do not see it.
He's only keeping the seat warm until Jones or the promising incoming freshman grabs it from him. I've never felt like it was his job for good.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
Tru
Now I remember how insufferable you were before. What made you slither back on the board?

Truth hurts, bossman. Just like I was right about Trump winning the election, I'm right about this season being 5-7 AT BEST with Hispanic Lurch at the helm. You can screencap this one too if you like.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
I have to believe that Mullen knows Trask isn’t the answer. He must not be better yet or they would play him. Don’t buy into the media hype from the preseason. We’ve been led astray many times.

Yes, but what would it actually hurt to see what he can do in a real game situation? THEY ALREADY LOST AT HOME BY 11 POINTS TO KENTUCKY, this season is a bust anyway.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
To paraphrase Gertude Stein
Trask ain't no answer. Trask ain't gonna be the answer. Trask never has been the answer. That's the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.