What is your favorite Florida State Park?

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Thanks to an executive order from Gov Ron, State Parks Annual Passes and Gold Sportsman Hunting/Fishing License are half price

Great Outdoors Initiative Price Reduction

The Great Outdoors Initiative encourages Floridians to go outdoors and explore Florida’s natural resources, including our award-winning state parks, vast recreation areas and world-renowned waterways. From Oct. 14, 2023, through Jan. 13, 2024, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection is offering Florida State Parks annual passes for families and individuals at a 50% discount. This offer is not stackable with other discount options.
  • Family Annual Pass – $60, plus tax.
  • Individual Annual Pass – $30, plus tax.
Florida is the Fishing Capital of the World, and FWC offers freshwater and saltwater fishing licenses for experiencing the best of coastal and inland fishing options, along with unique hunting opportunities.
The following FWC Gold Sportsman licenses, which include the saltwater fishing, freshwater fishing, hunting privileges and all associated permits, will also be discounted by 50% and will be available at the following rates, plus applicable fees:
  • Annual Gold Sportsman – $50.75.
  • Five-year Gold Sportsman – $247.75.
  • Lifetime Sportsman License
    • Age 4 or younger – $201.50.
    • Ages 5–12 – $351.50.
    • Ages 13 and older – $501.50.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
178 state parks in Florida. 57 have camping. 28 have boat ramps. 16 have a beach.

Tomoka is close to me, its really great. The family that runs the store is extremely dedicated. I launch my kayak there a few times a year.
Gamble Rogers in south Flagler Beach is a great beach camping getaway.
My favorite is Bahia Honda, only been there once, very scenic and if you are lucky to camp in the Sandspur section its all new.
Pennekamp in Key Largo is unique, they have boat tours to dive and snorkel a few miles out in the coral reefs.

Anyone know some good ones on the southeast coast between Palm Bay and Miami?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
A group of us used to camp at O'Leno when we were at UF... other than that, I got nuthin'!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fat fingers. But you got another for complaining. You know the rules.
how did you fat finger that? It's all the way to the right and you didn't reply, so it's not that.
Did you really mean a Ban emote? Perhaps the Loony emote? The Drunk emote? WTF? High? Facepalm? All are between the dumb emote and the funny and like emotes......go on, tell us how you did that

:lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
how did you fat finger that? It's all the way to the right and you didn't reply, so it's not that.
Did you really mean a Ban emote? Perhaps the Loony emote? The Drunk emote? WTF? High? Facepalm? All are between the dumb emote and the funny and like emotes......go on, tell us how you did that

:lol:
iphone call GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Tomoka is close to me, its really great. The family that runs the store is extremely dedicated. I launch my kayak there a few times a year.
I used to fish Tomoka mostly from my flats boat in the winter/spring when the winds would have Mosquito Lagoon blown out. Usually I'd put in up the way from the park at Sanchez. I'd typically fish from Sanchez Creek all the way almost to 95 depending on the salinity of the water.

I did take my kayak up there a couple of times and in fact came within 25-30 feet of the largest alligator I've ever seen in my life when I came around the corner of one of the mosquito ditches near the basin....Yeah, I don't think I ever paddled that kayak quite as far or fast as I did for the next 5 minutes afterward in the entire time I owned it.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’m extremely biased. Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island in Dunedin. Two miles straight down Curlew Road where I grew up. Trout/mullet fishing at Three Rooker Bar just north of Honeymoon with my late uncle growing up. Good times.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I used to fish Tomoka mostly from my flats boat in the winter/spring when the winds would have Mosquito Lagoon blown out. Usually I'd put in up the way from the park at Sanchez. I'd typically fish from Sanchez Creek all the way almost to 95 depending on the salinity of the water.

I did take my kayak up there a couple of times and in fact came within 25-30 feet of the largest alligator I've ever seen in my life when I came around the corner of one of the mosquito ditches near the basin....Yeah, I don't think I ever paddled that kayak quite as far or fast as I did for the next 5 minutes afterward in the entire time I owned it.
I've caught some good sheepshead where the creek meets Tomoka. I was in the same ditches a few weeks ago, had a snake swim across right in front of me. It was fast.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I’m extremely biased. Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island in Dunedin. Two miles straight down Curlew Road where I grew up. Trout/mullet fishing at Three Rooker Bar just north of Honeymoon with my late uncle growing up. Good times.
I kayaked there a lot the past three years, from Durney Key to Fort DeSoto. Until I dumped the woman I was seeing that lives over there.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I lived in Pinellas County would go to Honeymoon Island regularly instead of Clearwater beach, that $8 car load was well worth the annual family pass. Weeki Watchee was also an easy drive. O'leno is a classic favorite as a kid.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
When I lived in Pinellas County would go to Honeymoon Island regularly instead of Clearwater beach, that $8 car load was well worth the annual family pass. Weeki Watchee was also an easy drive. O'leno is a classic favorite as a kid.
Was a great venue as a weekend getaway/change of drinking venue while at UF.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I kayaked there a lot the past three years, from Durney Key to Fort DeSoto. Until I dumped the woman I was seeing that lives over there.

Fill us in on what happened after you dumped the body.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Caledesi is beautiful. My FIL loved going there as he said it reminded him of how the whole Gulf coast looked when he first came to the Tampa area in the early 40’s.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
St George Island. Beautiful.

Generally, We have found it so difficult to secure great campsites because of demand. YOu have to book them years in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.