What not to do as a little league football coach

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was the coach but he was not the father of the kid. He has released an apology video and says the parents have forgiven him. The mom does not want to press charges.

Well... I guess I spoke too soon. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
You and @Bait'n Gator have two completely different stories.

Other than speaking to the guy a couple of times I know very little about the piece of shyt. I've talked to the other coach watching the piece of shyt hit #2 several times about how talented the kid is but never asked who his parents were. Another coach on our team evidently knew them all pretty good and told me without a doubt player #2 is the gorilla looking mother fckers child but who knows. Not sure if he meant biological child, step dad or maybe just one of momma's boyfriends.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I would have approached him from behind and grabbed his little package and twisted it like a pretzel while I bounced his face off of the bleachers about 10 times. I wonder if he would forgive me?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I knew Harry Nelson's sons, Bill and Ben, (Bad Billy and Ben the Gent, we called them). Bill was insane and hilarious. He was a Linebacker on the Gator football team when I was at UF, an exceptionally talented artist, and a sax player. One night Bill, Ben, and their roommate came into the Islands Bar stinking like sh!t. I asked them where the hell they'd been and they told me they'd been crawling around in the sewers. They started aggressively asking girls to dance, (didn't get any takers, :lol: ) then ended the evening by doing backflips off the bar, which only lasted as long as the bouncers took to kick them out. Ben the Gent was quite the ladies' man. He spent a fair amount of time on sorority row. The night of the Appledorf murder, the police picked him up there under suspicion. When he got home from the police station we'd drawn a chalk outline of a dead body on the floor to greet him. Bill is a successful artist in NYC now.

Yup, that’s them! I couldn’t remember them at first but then when you mentioned them crawling around in sewers it hit me.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The night of the Appledorf murder, the police picked him up there under suspicion.

I had a Class with Howie Appledorf...My advisor new him well and his proclivities..."Dr Junk Food" was one sick individual.

Howie picked up two Gay Satanist who decided to have some fun...They robbed, stripped, tied him up, and then brutally sodomized him. They later stuffed food down his mouth and left him to smother.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yup, that’s them! I couldn’t remember them at first but then when you mentioned them crawling around in sewers it hit me.
We were at Lillian's one night and Bill was getting increasingly irritated by this douchebag who was dancing there. It was just the way the guy was dancing that annoyed him. Finally, Bill runs across the floor, does a head-first calf-level Pete Rose slide at the guy, the guy's legs buckle and he goes down face first. Bill just calmly gets up and walks off the dance floor to us. The guy was totally surprised and must've thought it was some drunk dance-floor accident. He also used to randomly get up on stage at bars and start telling jokes, sometimes while the band was still on. I've got lots of stories about Bill, there was never a dull moment with that guy.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I had a Class with Howie Appledorf...My advisor new him well and his proclivities..."Dr Junk Food" was one sick individual.

Howie picked up two Gay Satanist who decided to have some fun...They robbed, stripped, tied him up, and then brutally sodomized him. They later stuffed food down his mouth and left him to smother.

Everybody wanted to take that dude's class. Easiest "A" on campus. Then somebody tap danced to "Tainted Love" on his corpse.... He votes the straight Dem ticket now.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
He was the coach but he was not the father of the kid. He has released an apology video and says the parents have forgiven him. The mom does not want to press charges.

He was banned for life by the organization and fired from his job at the Chatham County detention center where he worked as a counselor.

My favorite coaches growing up were always the old school types. As a coach I was old school. But the line you never cross is laying hands on a kid.

Ah, hello? He was self-pardoning...kinda like Trump. :lol:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Where is the pussy father in all this? .

Hmm...maybe in prison serving 18-20 for armed robbery...OR MAYBE, on the sidelines dishing out whoopings to kids who blow coverage assignments and allow the opposing team to score a TD. :lol:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I saw that on FB but couldn’t get it to share. Made me think of @cover2 and probably his coaching style.
cover remembers when that was nothing. Practice in that August heat with full pads hitting for hours. No water. Its a miracle some didnt die. We was tougher back then with no AC and outside playing all the time.............

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I had an old school coach(stop me if you've heard this before) He played FB for Woodruff and then Graves. He literally tried to kill us in practice. Hit for hours in Aug heat and NO WATER. I think we went 4 hours a few times. AND we only had about 24 players (no surprise as he ran so many off) so you never stood on the sideline for a break. The seniors seriously talked about going on strke.. One day in PE a kid threw a fb back to him when he wasnt looking and it hit him in the face. He picked it up and went to the kid and threw as hard as he could point blank range. The kid was an ESE type and just sort of smiled at him. Jimmy took a hard ball to the head at Donnie Kneese's birthday party and we all stood around him thinking he was dead. He finally opened his eyes and gave us that same smile he gave Charlie after taking that football to the body. He was a tough kid. I have lots of Charlie stories. He was different. Coached at GHS and Lake Butler too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.