What's your best argument against expanding the CFP to eight teams? (Poll!)

What should happen with the College Football Playoff?

• Leave it the $%@# alone, it's good enough like it is.

• Keep it at four teams, but change the criteria for getting in.

• Expand it to 8 teams.

• Expand it to 16 teams.

• Eliminate the CFP and go back to #1 vs. #2.

• Something else, which I will explain it my response.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
lol. Clemson won by 6 points in a come-from-behind victory and needed a pick in the end zone to secure the win. To suggest that the best team was obvious before the game was played is ludicrous.

If we had played the top two ranked teams against each other, it would've been Ohio State vs. LSU. The team that earned the right to play LSU by beating Ohio State last night, #3 Clemson, would not have a shot at the title under the old way of doing things.

Instead of admitting that, you're claiming the old BCS system would've gotten it right by ranking Clemson #2 in the first place?

Z38J5aN.gif

Where did I suggest the best team was OBVIOUS before the game was played?

Also, it seems you weren’t aware, but Clemson was favored to win the game against Ohio State by about 2 points...and not only did they win, but they covered the spread. So while it wasn’t a lock (or OBVIOUS to use your words) that Clemson would win, it was expected they’d do so in a close game...and that’s what happened,

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I'd like 8 Teams...So many scream about the season length yet when is the NC Game?

I would like to have 6 Power Conferences 84- - 96 teams.

Move the remaining teams into the FCS.

6 Conference Champions + 2 at large

If nothing else...I would like fewer Bowl Games and no FCS vs FBS Games

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Losing by any other name is still losing.
BTW you created the poll, make the voters visible.
Why, so you can harass them? Obviously once you make a poll anonymous you can't flip a switch and expose who voted for what. That would kind of defeat the purpose of having anonymous polls.

Here's all you need to know about who voted: All the most intelligent posters who don't suffer from any developmental disorders voted for Option 3, "Expand it to 8 teams," which was the runaway leader from among the six choices given.

Coming in a distant second with Option 1, "Leave it the %#^@ alone," were the small-minded knuckleheads with a complete lack of foresight and vision who think this year "proved" that we don't need an 8-team playoff, "because there weren't even four great teams." :rolleyes: It reminds me of a running joke in my family about the response my Dad gave when my Mom proposed that we buy a waffle iron: "What do we need a waffle iron for? We never eat waffles!"

Yeah, Dad, see, um, the reason we never... oh, never mind. :banghead:

The REAL geniuses, though, are the ones who voted for Option 5, "Eliminate the CFP and go back to #1 vs. #2," when we just finished a season with three unbeaten P5 conference champions! :crazy: So in other words, they would've been fine with #1 LSU playing #2 Ohio State for the MNC and letting that be the end of it.

Oops.

EM7ehlOVAAEqAPU.jpeg

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Why, so you can harass them? Obviously once you make a poll anonymous you can't flip a switch and expose who voted for what. That would kind of defeat the purpose of having anonymous polls.

Here's all you need to know about who voted: All the most intelligent posters who don't suffer from any developmental disorders voted for Option 3, "Expand it to 8 teams," which was the runaway leader from among the six choices given.

Coming in a distant second with Option 1, "Leave it the %#^@ alone," were the small-minded knuckleheads with a complete lack of foresight and vision who think this year "proved" that we don't need an 8-team playoff, "because there weren't even four great teams." :rolleyes: It reminds me of a running joke in my family about the response my Dad gave when my Mom proposed that we buy a waffle iron: "What do we need a waffle iron for? We never eat waffles!"

The REAL geniuses, though, are the ones who voted for Option 5, "Eliminate the CFP and go back to #1 vs. #2," when we just finished a season with three unbeaten P5 conference champions! :crazy: So in other words, they would've been fine with #1 LSU playing #2 Ohio State for the MNC and letting that be the end of it.

Oops.

EM7ehlOVAAEqAPU.jpeg

THIS

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Oops.

EM7ehlOVAAEqAPU.jpeg

Real men aren't afraid to share how they voted.
In any case 16 pages and you still haven't made an argument where it benefits UF more than hinders.
But hey, some people are all about participation trophies.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Take it to eight teams

All Power 5 champions get automatic bid

last 3 teams are picked as best record vs toughest schedule

Make ND earn their way in or join a conference

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The first two games are almost always lopsided. Expanding the playoff would only mean more beat-downs by the elite teams. 2 was enough. 4 is stupid. More is retarded. Sorry I'm old so not politically correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.