Who’s ponying up to pay for this place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have a recruiting thread. That’s it. It’s the recruiting thread. If you are a visitor and click it for the first time you’ll see posts from months ago. You’d have to read for hours to catch up. However, if we had new thread titles for new developments, that would be enticing. “4 Star Tackle Verbally Commits!” where the first post is about the recruit in question is more enticing than “2024 Recruiting Thread” where the first post is a year old.

A DJ Lagaway thread where we comment on his 7 TDs in the first half is a bigger hook than having the info buried on page 147 in a generic titled thread.
This is part of the discussion and under consideration

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If people want a free discussion board, I can create one. It would have a few Google ads to just help pay the expenses. I would not be doing it to make money.
And I would need several volunteers (moderators) to help enforce the rules.
What say ye?
I think it is unthinkable to sell a bunch of lifetime memberships and then cancel them.
Holy moley, this actually got a like. @I Have No Friends :( has lost his mind.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My man, you will regret taking that path. I started a Chat room back in the GSMB days and it was a terrible experience! I made some good friends but all in all, it was a huge suckage........

Just count the Lifetime membership as a down payment, you have received enough good content over the years to more that justify the little bit of money you've spent.
"Down payment"? @Bama&GatorFan has never given this website one cent. He's not a supporting member and yet he steps up to pop off and declare he's going to start a competing forum.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Look at the time saved because people post links to Twitter, articles, podcasts, etc. I don't have time to search those various channels.
Thats the part I don't get with those that are complaining about paying.....If used correctly this site cuts through a ton of BS, and you get a lot more thought-provoking info than reading it from some other paid smuck who puts a spin on it and charges for it anyway.

This not only goes for the sports forum. Some of you guys should really check out and contribute to the Home, Auto & Hobby and Business/Investing forums too. I have learned a sh!t ton about those topics from people who have had experiences and advice (not always taken)....
I'm stunned, actually stunned, I agree with 'crete on a post... But this, I find many articles I would never see on my own from links on here....

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I'll pony up the cash if you can get Pat Dooley to write a weekly column here. I used to think he was an idiot but he won me over with all those insights he brought to the Netflix documentary.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is part of the discussion and under consideration
To me, specific threads would be an improvement. It takes more administration and board would have more topics, but that doesn't seem to be detrimental. But of course, all 22 commits should not have a separate thread. Unless, Would Ox consider a recruiting forum where posts could be born and discussed? It could open from the main board without the need to navigate from Forum List.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I have read thru this thread and the other and this seems to be a real issue. I don't know the costs associated with this. Don't know the amount of members or what the long time objectives are for the board.

While I like the quirkiness of the board, if the objective is to make money, a lot has to change. Most people won't put up with some of the stuff here, mainly ox telling people not to post in a particular thread anymore. I would take a permanent ban before I would put up with that. I am over 40. I am grown man!!!! I do not however wear a mullet. Outside of threatening or doxxing a member, bans are really unnecessary.

Granted a lot of that ban talk is tongue in cheek and its easy to spot. The serious stuff should be dealt with in private and would be taken wth grace. Most people here are type A and challenging someone publicly to bow down is just not good for business.

Agree with no nudity.

Agree with no vulgar language.

Agree with the need for a recruiting forum. Reading thru several hundred pages for updates? No thanks. I go elsewhere for recruiting news.

I don't like sunshine pumpers like the other SG. Call it like it is. This team right now sucks. Pretending otherwise is foolhardy. Everyone thought chump was the guy until he wasnt. Then it was butters and 2 trips to Atlanta, until he fuched a shark. The it was dan mullinz, until he started ej over ar and quit recruiting. Then we annoit Billy as the next Gator great and the mfer doesn't have a winning record here. He will have to EARN his support and he will have to prove he belongs.

Team apathy is at a high level. This wil affect traffic here and elsewhere. Nothing we can do abut that. Constant negativity is bad for business too. No one wants to come to a place and read thread after thread abut how bad the team is. Damn sure won't PAY to do it. There is enough bad crap going on in the real world without getting bombarded with it here.
I don't know the answer and was asked the question. If traffic here dries up because its a pay site, I will be sad. I visit most everyday.

@oxrageous , my criticisms here aren't personal. This is the only Gator ste where I have ever spent money. I truly enjoy it, but its hard to have an opinion on the board when we dont know the objectives.

I really think you would serve yourself better to leave part of the board free use and then restrict the rest for paying members. Otherwise, how will a new user know that the site s worth paying for?

My .02 from the peanut gallery.

Kcroy420

Jul 27, 2022
I’m in! But only if my $60 goes towards Billy’s buyout.
ncaa football dancing GIF by University of Florida

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Maybe it's m advancing Alzheimers, but I seem to recall a separate recruiting forum at one time which no one used for recruiting info....

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I have read thru this thread and the other and this seems to be a real issue. I don't know the costs associated with this. Don't know the amount of members or what the long time objectives are for the board.

While I like the quirkiness of the board, if the objective is to make money, a lot has to change. Most people won't put up with some of the stuff here, mainly ox telling people not to post in a particular thread anymore. I would take a permanent ban before I would put up with that. I am over 40. I am grown man!!!! I do not however wear a mullet. Outside of threatening or doxxing a member, bans are really unnecessary.

Granted a lot of that ban talk is tongue in cheek and its easy to spot. The serious stuff should be dealt with in private and would be taken wth grace. Most people here are type A and challenging someone publicly to bow down is just not good for business.

Agree with no nudity.

Agree with no vulgar language.

Agree with the need for a recruiting forum. Reading thru several hundred pages for updates? No thanks. I go elsewhere for recruiting news.

I don't like sunshine pumpers like the other SG. Call it like it is. This team right now sucks. Pretending otherwise is foolhardy. Everyone thought chump was the guy until he wasnt. Then it was butters and 2 trips to Atlanta, until he fuched a shark. The it was dan mullinz, until he started ej over ar and quit recruiting. Then we annoit Billy as the next Gator great and the mfer doesn't have a winning record here. He will have to EARN his support and he will have to prove he belongs.

Team apathy is at a high level. This wil affect traffic here and elsewhere. Nothing we can do abut that. Constant negativity is bad for business too. No one wants to come to a place and read thread after thread abut how bad the team is. Damn sure won't PAY to do it. There is enough bad crap going on in the real world without getting bombarded with it here.
I don't know the answer and was asked the question. If traffic here dries up because its a pay site, I will be sad. I visit most everyday.

@oxrageous , my criticisms here aren't personal. This is the only Gator ste where I have ever spent money. I truly enjoy it, but its hard to have an opinion on the board when we dont know the objectives.

I really think you would serve yourself better to leave part of the board free use and then restrict the rest for paying members. Otherwise, how will a new user know that the site s worth paying for?

My .02 from the peanut gallery.
I'm a man! I'm 40!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.