Status
Not open for further replies.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Problem with visitors seeing thread titles is that they are boring. A visitor’s interest in a forum will often be determined by glancing at the thread titles to see what’s being discussed.

We have a recruiting thread. That’s it. It’s the recruiting thread. If you are a visitor and click it for the first time you’ll see posts from months ago. You’d have to read for hours to catch up. However, if we had new thread titles for new developments, that would be enticing. “4 Star Tackle Verbally Commits!” where the first post is about the recruit in question is more enticing than “2024 Recruiting Thread” where the first post is a year old.

A DJ Lagaway thread where we comment on his 7 TDs in the first half is a bigger hook than having the info buried on page 147 in a generic titled thread.

A single game thread makes sense for the game itself, but a pre-game thread about our DL versus their OL creates more interest. If it’s all buried in the game thread, you don’t even know that particular issue is being discussed and you may not want to plow through 42 pages to find out what has been discussed.

If you want to tempt a guest to turn into a paying member, you need more, fresher, and narrower subject threads. Ox likes a tidy and orderly forum organized a certain way. He (and others) consume content broadly. He wants to read all the posts. Guests aren’t there (yet). They are more enticed by a buffet that makes it easier for them to sample small bites of the specific content they are most interested in.

I also thought the “lifetime membership” was kind of a joke. Too cheap for too much.

PF should be pay only. Not the place for lurkers.

Current lifetime members should get some benefit (maybe free membership but with limited ads?).

No nudity. Don’t need it.

I kinda like writing sh!t and fuchs. It’s part of our unique culture (along with mom jokes and TWSS). One change please— I hate that I can write ass and hole but if I make it one word it comes out as *******. Give us that word.

Alex.
I disagree. In fact, I think the entire message board should consist of one giant thread about everything.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To me, specific threads would be an improvement. It takes more administration and board would have more topics, but that doesn't seem to be detrimental. But of course, all 22 commits should not have a separate thread. Unless, Would Ox consider a recruiting forum where posts could be born and discussed? It could open from the main board without the need to navigate from Forum List.
Separate forum for recruiting doesn’t work. It did not work here and it doesn’t work on any of the other Gator pay sites either.

But yes, I agree that there needs to be separate threads for recruiting if it’s a pay site. For a myriad of reasons.

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017
I am out. As Ox has stated, the site is more about the same posters griping back and forth. So, if this is what he wants and these posters want to pay every year, there you go! It is not about the money, it is about the principle. You ask for lifetime members and then Sh!t on them. It does not say anywhere in your agreement that you have to post to become a member. Yet, you dog the people who did pay and just do not like to post.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
D!ck.

Alex.
iu

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I am out. As Ox has stated, the site is more about the same posters griping back and forth. So, if this is what he wants and these posters want to pay every year, there you go! It is not about the money, it is about the principle. You ask for lifetime members and then Sh!t on them. It does not say anywhere in your agreement that you have to post to become a member. Yet, you dog the people who did pay and just do not like to post.
You may need a prostitute.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
"Down payment"? @Bama&GatorFan has never given this website one cent. He's not a supporting member and yet he steps up to pop off and declare he's going to start a competing forum.
My contributions go beyond money. :D
I just think a lot of people are not going to pay. They would rather have a free forum with ads.
I'm just thinking of an alternative. I know how to to do all of the technical work and I have everything I need to do it. I have done it before.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My contributions go beyond money. :D
I just think a lot of people are not going to pay. They would rather have a free forum with ads.
I'm just thinking of an alternative. I know how to to do all of the technical work and I have everything I need to do it. I have done it before.
I think you should do it. I'll be the first to sign up.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
If you intend to stay, post it here. I'll keep a running list that anyone will be able to see.
Is this where I announce that I have entered into an agreement with Ox to continue to provide my semi-semi-semi insider info/sources info (mostly basketbal)....

All at the low low cost of only $8.50 a month

I'm glad we could finalize this deal at this perfect time to share with the world

But seriously, love it here and thanks for everything. I'll find a way to pay if need be. Not going anywhere

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
What I'm about to say is not for the people truly struggling on hard times. But for the rest of us, what is $60? One gas tank? A night at the movies? Less than one dinner out at a passable restaurant?

This place is priceless. Pay $60 a year and like it. If any longtime member needs help, I'll pay one or two extra memberships per year, through Ox.

GO GATORS!!!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What I'm about to say is not for the people truly struggling on hard times. But for the rest of us, what is $60? One gas tank? A night at the movies? Less than one dinner out at a passable restaurant?

This place is priceless. Pay $60 a year and like it. If any longtime member needs help, I'll pay one or two extra memberships per year, through Ox.

GO GATORS!!!
:raisehand:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

GO GATORS!!!
No disrespect meant here at all and I'm only speaking for myself.

I've raised three daughters on the value of their words and doing what you say you're going to do; this is integrity. Your words are only worth something if they can be trusted. If you say you're going to do something, then do it. When someone shows you their word is worth nothing, then don't invest a dime in them. There's a reason it's worthless.

I honestly don't care what anyone else thinks of my decision. However, I'd be a hypocrite to instill these lessons in my kids, only to turn around and throw more money at a guy who once upon a time sold me on a lifetime membership which included access to this board with no ads, access to locked parts of the forum, his undying love and gratitude, and the promise of never again being asked for another dime. It's not about the paltry $60/year, which is why I've turned down multiple offers from other posters to pay my way. I'll simply invest in someone else who stands by their word. No hard feelings.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021

I've raised three daughters on the value of their words and doing what you say you're going to do; this is integrity. Your words are only worth something if they can be trusted. If you say you're going to do something, then do it. When someone shows you their word is worth nothing, then don't invest a dime in them. There's a reason it's worthless.

I honestly don't care what anyone else thinks of my decision. However, I'd be a hypocrite to instill these lessons in my kids, only to turn around and throw more money at a guy who once upon a time sold me on a lifetime membership which included access to this board with no ads, access to locked parts of the forum, his undying love and gratitude, and the promise of never again being asked for another dime. It's not about the paltry $60/year, which is why I've turned down multiple offers from other posters to pay my way. I'll simply invest in someone else who stands by their word. No hard feelings.
This is why you have no friends.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Hate to see you go but respect your decision. (if that's what goes down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator